Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Scott Fraser joined Ipswich for £750,000 so you’d assume that we have bid that or more.
    Really?
    He wants be good in that case. A lot of money for a League One reserve player, smacks of desperation. I hope that I'm wrong. 
    Apparently we’ve bid less but with add ons that mean they will get a profit 
  • One thing will be hopefully set aside for good if Fraser does happen is the people saying TS is skint and not willing to stump up need to pipe down. I have no idea if he is good value etc but if we are giving Ipswich a small profit on the £750k they paid for him that shows to me that TS is willing to stump up. If the signing doesnt work out then the focus needs to be put onto whoever is picking the players that TS is paying for 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Scott Fraser joined Ipswich for £750,000 so you’d assume that we have bid that or more.
    Really?
    He wants be good in that case. A lot of money for a League One reserve player, smacks of desperation. I hope that I'm wrong. 
    Apparently we’ve bid less but with add ons that mean they will get a profit 
    Reckon we’ve copied and pasted it from kirks potential contract with Blackpool 
  • Croydon said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    sam3110 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    One thing I found interesting is that for all our relative lack of goals we are 6th in terms of big chances created. Seems we just don't shoot enough in general whilst also lacking any players capable of a bit of magic (or if they are our system isn't allowing them to produce it). 

Our defence is also the joint 6th best in terms of goals conceded per game so weirdly I don't think we're a million miles away if we can get the right players in and Jackson can get them playing in a system that makes us more dangerous.

That's because for all his endeavour, and I actually rate him highly, Conor Washington is absolutely shite at 1 on 1s with the keeper
    A slightly better Simon Church if we're being honest
    Not having that. Simon Church played and scored at a higher level than Washington.
    Good point actually, I forget what League we're in these days 😂

• If / when we get Fraser we will have a huge squad - something we have not had for a few seasons now -  Jacko was always playing catch up after the start under Adkins this season ( which most of us didnt see coming ) due to how we finished off last season. 
    We have depth and quality in-depth now and some people are still moaning and negative. If Chris Powell recommends sending a bright Spurs young talent to us then he must think the future here is bright going forward under Jacko. Hes not a bad judge is he !
  • Incoming!!!!!!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice :-) 
  • Very pleased with that.
  • Get in, very happy. Hopefully the start of our summer rebuild. 
  • Not available for tonight.
  • Good signing
  • Happy with that - he has something different to our midfielders and can unlock a defence as well as score a goal himself

Really hope this one works out and he turns out to be a good fit
  • Very pleased. Welcome Scott.
  • Sponsored links:

• We labelled him one of the best central attacking players in the league. Now we've gone and bought him. Happy with this. If he is Kirk's replacement, I don't think anybody has anything to complain about. 
  • Is that us done for the window then or will something else present and shock. 
  • Good signing.  And hopefully one that can play a part in a promotion winning team next season.  

Good kick up the arse for Lee & Gilbey as well hopefully, with that young Spurs lad to.  
  • Be interested to see if there are any more exits now.  Souare, Gunter perhaps 
  • edited February 2022
    That must mean we are not going to buy Elliott Lee surely. He even looks a bit similar.
  • JamesSeed said:
    sam3110 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    One thing I found interesting is that for all our relative lack of goals we are 6th in terms of big chances created. Seems we just don't shoot enough in general whilst also lacking any players capable of a bit of magic (or if they are our system isn't allowing them to produce it). 

Our defence is also the joint 6th best in terms of goals conceded per game so weirdly I don't think we're a million miles away if we can get the right players in and Jackson can get them playing in a system that makes us more dangerous.

That's because for all his endeavour, and I actually rate him highly, Conor Washington is absolutely shite at 1 on 1s with the keeper
    Apart from the one where he chipped the advancing keeper?
    Ok pick out the one anomaly, shall we? He's had about 8 one on one's this season, including one game where he had 3 and scored none of them, and was man of the match for many because of how well he played and how dangerous he looked, but the fact still remains when it's just him and the keeper, he mostly misses or it gets saved