Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Chelsea made a 'substantial bid' for the 18-year-old with two offers reportedly being made to the Addicks, but both failing to meet the Addicks valuation of the youngster.

This just in: New flu like virus detected in Wuhan, China.
    Chelsea just made another bid that’s what these clubs do … remember Parker how many bids did Chelsea make before they got to the one we wanted but he was always going ….. we turned down one deal from Brentford and two from Chelsea 

• Chelsea made a 'substantial bid' for the 18-year-old with two offers reportedly being made to the Addicks, but both failing to meet the Addicks valuation of the youngster.
    Where have you heard this? Oh yeah, on the Burstow thread 2 hours ago. 
    To all those who laughed and mocked this man, it seems according to Louis Mendez that he could well be right. So much for the lol 🤡 
    He mentioned it about two hours after it was first mentioned on here.

Chelsea just made another bid that’s what these clubs do … remember Parker how many bids did Chelsea make before they got to the one we wanted but he was always going ….. we turned down one deal from Brentford and two from Chelsea 

So where is the the second player "we knew" was signing today or did you mean Burstow signing on loan?

If you want an exclusive to take back to the WUM farm you frequently slag us off on I hear we might be getting Chucks back.  But please don't tell anyone 🙉
    Where have you heard this? Oh yeah, on the Burstow thread 2 hours ago. 
    To all those who laughed and mocked this man, it seems according to Louis Mendez that he could well be right. So much for the lol 🤡 
    What’s the clown face for? I feel like you are bullying me. 
    Then you know how it feels with all those taking the piss out of RonnieMoore .
    I’ll be honest with you - I’m not going to lose any sleep over it…
  • What is It with Chelsea & buying our promising players on deadline day 😨 ? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Honest question, what’s the point in getting him backVery late approach no time to replace?
  • Only 150 days until the window shuts, why haven't we signed anyone yet!!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• How are Chelsea going to get around the 6 player loan rule next season?
  • ct_addick said:
    So tell me difference between TS and RD other than he comes to games and plays the guitar in the Oak after.....always will be a selling club
    Oh and TS doesn't own the Valley and Sparrows Lane FFS
  • edited February 2022
    ct_addick said:
    So tell me difference between TS and RD other than he comes to games and plays the guitar in the Oak after.....always will be a selling club
    I mean there’s quite a few isn’t there
  • ct_addick said:
    Maybe sleep on it.
  • No news about some of our fringe players.

Morgan has played himself back into the first team, while Jacko clearly likes having Watson about the place, but I had been expecting one of Souare or Gunter to move on.
  • ct_addick said:
    How are Chelsea going to get around the 6 player loan rule next season?
    As I understand it it's a limit on loans to other countries, which means they'll just flood the EFL with players like Burstow.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think you have a say in it 😂
  • People rightly get upset when they see a young player leave, sadly it's where we are with football now. It actually wouldn't matter if we were a championship side, he still would have gone. The difference between TS and Dutchelet is one believed that Charlton could be run as a farm with minimal losses, the other knows that bills have o be paid, he doesn't have bottomless pockets ad realises that if a player goes for a fee they must be replaced with as little disruption to the side as possible.
  • ct_addick said:
    Well RD preferred a boogie to playing a guitar....

Joking aside...there is a massive difference in them both. Not sure why TS gets so much shit on here.
    He’s surely only just on the wind up. The difference is night and day as he well knows. We have an excellent owner and chairman now who, whilst not getting everything right, rescued us, steered a hideously sinking ship around and has done it while being open, communicative and honest. Everything that the fans wanted.

The Burstow deal I am sure will be good for us and although I am gutted to lose him, TS will use that money wisely for Charlton.

Fingers crossed we can get ourselves up soon and start being able to keep these players for longer in our side before the vultures circle overhead.
  • Jac_52 said:
    ct_addick said:
    How are Chelsea going to get around the 6 player loan rule next season?
    As I understand it it's a limit on loans to other countries, which means they'll just flood the EFL with players like Burstow.
    The limit only counts for players over U21 as well

Of their 21 players out on loan, only (He says "Only") ten are over that age - Means that next season, four of those players either kick their heals at Cobham or get sold.
  • ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    It was the only way he was going to be allowed to buy the club, remember? The Duchatelet effect. How easily we forget, it seems.
  • Gutting to see a good young talent go but we seem to have a decent relationship with Chelsea at the moment (as a feeder club)

What if potentially they have paid us £3-5m and loan him back to us not just this season but next?

Mason will get the development, the premier league salary, we get a few quid in the bank to strengthen where we need to and get the player a bit longer..
  • ct_addick said:
    Silly comment.

Football is more business than football in the modern age.

if we ever get back to the premier league, we will still be selling our bright young stars, and still be watching other clubs players on loan. That’s true of most clubs outside the top six.

There’s a lot over reaction on here and on Twitter, I’ve only seen Burstow on a handful of occasions and I really don’t understand the hype. No doubting his got some talent, but he doesn’t have the spark that some of the others we’ve let go have had.

Fraser’s performance against us last year for the franchise certainly had spark, let’s trust in JJ to get that player back to his best.

• JamesSeed said:
    ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    It was the only way he was going to be allowed to buy the club, remember? The Duchatelet effect. How easily we forget, it seems.
    Plus the deal in place to buy it .. but there no rush more important to buy the club at the time if he tired to get the ground as well takeover would have taken few more months and we only had 48 hours before the club went out of business