Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Maybe we're not keeping Lee. 
  • edited January 2022
    I was at the MK Dons game and Frazer was unplayable that day.

Just not sure where it leaves our midfield if he signs.

Assuming Dobson will play as the holding midfielder that leaves two places between John, Gilbey, Lee, Morgan and Fraser.

Clare too but he's playing CH anyway.

I'm not including Watson.

An upgrade is an upgrade so not saying we shouldn't sign him but still feel we need another striker.
    We have midfield numbers but a serious lack of quality & an upgrade is well needed. Gilbey and John for one place. Fraser and Lee for the other. Morgan and Watson move on at the end of the season. Clare stays in the back three / fills in for Dobson in a pinch.
  • I was at the MK Dons game and Frazer was unplayable that day.

Assuming Dobson will play as the holding midfielder that leaves two places between John, Gilbey, Lee, Morgan and Fraser.

An upgrade is an upgrade so not saying we shouldn't sign him but still feel we need another striker.
    He was fantastic that day, but also non existent in the return. (Due to Pratley being very good)Who knows what we’d get!🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
  • Someone young with that creative spark is Paddy Lane at Fleetwood, he's currently joint second with Twine for assists with 8. He's also scored 3. Maybe if Fraser doesn't come off he'd be worth a punt, you'd think 400k would suffice. 
    Don’t think we’ll be buying young kids from the north west again in a rush 
  • paulfox said:
    jakecafc said:
    Imagine the creativity in a midfield of Dobson, Szmodics and Fraser.
    We are definitely bad enough that we could do with both players not either  / or…. It’s more than likely neither I’d suggest. 
    Exactly what i was thinking both now or even target the other for the summer would be very good i think poss let lee go back after loan ends and go back in for ss

I was at that game as well, and while he was very good, our midfield massively helped him. Watson as the defensive midfielder didn't work then, as it didn't work against Hartlepool...

Other than Dobson our midfield have been hugely disappointing.

Surely it’s easy to see how he could come into our midfield when you look at how poorly the current bunch have performed in terms of assists & goals.

I was at that game as well, and while he was very good, our midfield massively helped him. Watson as the defensive midfielder didn't work then, as it didn't work against Hartlepool...
    And he has never been one, even when he was 26.
  • If this is accurate Ipswich have been using him as a 10 (and on the wing from some line ups I’ve seen) when he’s better suited playing deeper.
  • Scoham said:
    If this is accurate Ipswich have been using him as a 10 (and on the wing from some line ups I’ve seen) when he’s better suited playing deeper.
    I would use him in a double 8 with Gilbey.  If you had those 2 and JFC you would have something to work with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Plaaayer said:

Fuck off twat Plaaayer. You do realise this is bullying  now and I shall make this a complaint. 

This nothing to do with you duck head. But you are being abusive hiding behind a keyboard bravely. 
    He's quackers 
  • edited January 2022
    He was very good for Burton Albion before moving to MK. I wanted us to sign him when MK got him 18 months ago but we were going through the ESI turmoil at the time.

He’s a really good player at this level but I’d be concerned it seems to have fizzled out for him lately.
    As much as I’ve liked him as a player over the last couple of years, I’m very nervous about signing him… or anyone, given our transfer record lately.

Like I say, I think it’s better to be trying to find the next player rather than signing the ones that have already been discovered and is floating around the fringes of the squads of our competitors.

Burton have a wealth of relatively unknown midfielders we could go after: O’Connor, Powell, Gilligan to name three. There’s Hayes and Lane at Fleetwood. McCormick & Assal at Wimbledon… and those are only when you look inside our own division.

The rather large caveat to this of course, is that he was playing against us.

But i do agree he'd surely be an upgrade on what we have, and i'm surprised Ipswich are looking to get rid so soon. 
  • sm said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    Good profile of Fraser here from:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/scott-fraser-profile-8148694

14 goals in a season for MK Dons is impressive on paper but less so when you factor in 9 were penalties.

Highlights video makes him look like an alternative to Lee, but it’d be a longer term option for next season if he signed permanently. 

Like I say, I don’t know a lot about him but my gut reaction to this is it’s a wrong move at a wrong time. 
    No player in form or having ambition is turning up at Charlton at the moment, unless we are paying shitloads of dosh. The players we have dug us into a hole that they need to get us out of, or do one once this season is over.
    Don’t agree with this. A player looking at joining us should be able to recognise that we’re building the club back up from being completely on its knees. We have a good, safe owner; well respected young manager and a decent squad that just needs a few additions and release of some deadwood and next season could and should be a force in this league.

on Scott Fraser, he was definitely in the top 5 players of league 1 last season and would be an excellent addition and an upgrade on Lee.
    Always worth remembering that Kermogant was out of favour at Leicester before he joined us.
    Fair point, oh for just one kermogant, I don’t even want a team of them!!🤣
  • Out of curiosity, checked who’s contract was expiring at the end of this season, and saw Morgan’s was the end of next season.  Crazy that a player the majority of us were thinking maybe had no future with us a month or so ago, is on the books until the end of next season.  

I don’t think any of the current class of permanents that have their deals expiring at the end of this season, other than Washington/Purrington will be kept on, Inniss and JFC if they can prove fitness.  Obviously difficult for JFC to do given he may not get many games 

Pearce probably as player/coach again given Jackson’s manager 

The full list is 

Gunter
    Souare
    Purrington
    Matthews
    Washington
    Pearce
    JFC
    Inniss
    Watson

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    If this is accurate Ipswich have been using him as a 10 (and on the wing from some line ups I’ve seen) when he’s better suited playing deeper.
    I would use him in a double 8 with Gilbey.  If you had those 2 and JFC you would have something to work with. 
    Number Severn next to Nile and Lee
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t think we will get anyone else in  - we’ve got nothing to fight for this season 
  • edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Damn it, didn't see anyone make the same Joke.

I'll have to go full addick1956 and offer you out now... Or report you for bullying.
  • I don't remember many of the players we come up against in this god forsaken league but Fraser is one that has stuck in the noggin.
    Thought he was excellent against us last season.
  • mendonca said:
    Darragh with his public "honest" dishonest talk - soo boring!
    The guy who said southall was a gd guy would be great for charlton and a close friend of his

NOT to be trusted
    Was it a quote directly connected with us?, if so the amount of times he uses us as showing interest etc. Is relentless. Have we pissed him off in the past?.
  • Addick_8 said:

Fraser is injured ....... Is scarfy ready ?
  • We all know it’ll fall through or he’ll sign and be a flop but here’s his YouTube highlights… https://youtu.be/S3hcJTU6EQc https://youtu.be/-geDbl5-Jdc
  • paulfox said:
    mendonca said:
    Darragh with his public "honest" dishonest talk - soo boring!
    The guy who said southall was a gd guy would be great for charlton and a close friend of his

NOT to be trusted
    Was it a quote directly connected with us?, if so the amount of times he uses us as showing interest etc. Is relentless. Have we pissed him off in the past?.
    I remember It was around the time we supposedly had interest in maddison and toney and they met up to discuss the transfers all aload of bull to drum up interest and no doubt was bullshitting eachother at the same time
    both dodgey characters

no idea if he has it in for us but your right always uses our clubs name rather alot