Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Plaaayer said:

Fuck off twat Plaaayer. You do realise this is bullying  now and I shall make this a complaint. 
    Humour bypass. Again.

No idea why you are so precious. No need to take yourself so seriously.

Just laugh along with us, it's a lot more fun. :wink:

• Looks like we’ve reached the last chance saloon panic signing stage… expect an other DJ style disappointment 

Think I’ll turn the phone off tomorrow.
  • Cloudworm said:
    I hope we don’t sign Fraser. Had a good game at our place last season, but was absolutely snuffed out at their place by Darren Pratley.
    But was outstanding for them in so many games last season and when one team has targeted you specifically and put a bully on you to try and stop you playing, it is the highest compliment you can give a player.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Cloudworm said:
    I hope we don’t sign Fraser. Had a good game at our place last season, but was absolutely snuffed out at their place by Darren Pratley.
    But was outstanding for them in so many games last season and when one team has targeted you specifically and put a bully on you to try and stop you playing, it is the highest compliment you can give a player.
    But if he was that good would he not have found a way to get out of pratleys pocket. 
  • Charlton eye move for Blackburn youngster

Charlton are reportedly interested in Blackburn striker Connor McBride.

According to the Sun on Sunday, Addicks boss Johnnie Jackson will turn his attentions to the 20-year-old Scot, who is yet to feature for the Championship high-fliers.

McBride joined Rovers from Stenhousemuir after coming through the ranks at Falkirk prior to a move to Celtic.

• 6' 2" so meets all the requirements.

Sign him up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just putting this out there......any bloody transfer rumours? Just asking for a friend!

Getting boring.
  • If Stockley is soon to come back then him, Aneke, Washington and Burstow up front is ok.

Our game v Hartlepool shows how utterly awful we are without Dobson.  Going into a relegation battle entirely reliant on him staying for seems mad to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised That Gunter is still with us. Off tomorrow?
  • Maccn05 said:
    Looks like we’ve reached the last chance saloon panic signing stage… expect an other DJ style disappointment 

Think I’ll turn the phone off tomorrow.
    DJ in hindsight hasn’t been great but at the time, we thought he was a good signing. 
  • Charlton eye move for Blackburn youngster

Charlton are reportedly interested in Blackburn striker Connor McBride.

According to the Sun on Sunday, Addicks boss Johnnie Jackson will turn his attentions to the 20-year-old Scot, who is yet to feature for the Championship high-fliers.

McBride joined Rovers from Stenhousemuir after coming through the ranks at Falkirk prior to a move to Celtic.

16 first team games, 1 goal.  In the Scottish 4th divsion. 

Seems to be a jack of all trades for the u23s though. 

• From May 2021

Rising Scot Connor McBride has been nominated for the Premier League 2’s Player of the Year award.

The young striker has been shortlisted after he netted 12 goals and provided six assists in 17 games for Blackburn Rovers this season.

McBride only moved to Ewood Park last summer after he left Celtic.

The 20-year-old’s impressive displays have already seen him promoted into Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn first-team squad.

------------------

That's a pretty decent return even if it's in the reserves.

Not sure what his stats are this season but not made the breakthrough to the Rovers first team, who are going pretty well.

He's tall, he's Scottish, he was at Celtic.  He's the new Tony Watt.

• Scoring 12 in 17 at U23 level is still decent as well as being nominated for PL 2 Player of the Year

So he can't be shit

Having said that I looked at his last 5 goals in Wyscout and 4 were penalties so not a lot more I can say
  • Swisdom said:
    Scoring 12 in 17 at U23 level is still decent as well as being nominated for PL 2 Player of the Year

So he can't be shit

Having said that I looked at his last 5 goals in Wyscout and 4 were penalties so not a lot more I can say
    Be handy for the next penalty shoot out at Hartlepools.

• If Stockley is soon to come back then him, Aneke, Washington and Burstow up front is ok.

Our game v Hartlepool shows how utterly awful we are without Dobson.  Going into a relegation battle entirely reliant on him staying for seems mad to me.
    Don't think Stockley is due back soon, club have been suspiciously quiet about that one
  • Croydon said:
    If Stockley is soon to come back then him, Aneke, Washington and Burstow up front is ok.

Don't think Stockley is due back soon, club have been suspiciously quiet about that one
    Agree. Personally don't think we will see him again this season. Hope I am wrong...
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    ButtleJR said:
    That’s Darragh saying come in with an offer of a permanent transfer and there is a deal to be done. 
    He has played in most games for Peterborough suprised they seem happy to let him go.  You think they would want him next season if they go down.... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    ButtleJR said:
    That’s Darragh saying come in with an offer of a permanent transfer and there is a deal to be done. 
    He has played in most games for Peterborough suprised they seem happy to let him go.  You think they would want him next season if they go down.... 
    They are desperate for money apparently. Darragh is funding it on his own and has spent a bomb on the training ground. Canadian backers have disappeared. 
  • Szmodics would be fantastic but I can see Darragh wanting seven figures. Posh have the likes of Kwame Poku and Joel Randall that can play that role too so there might be a deal there 
  • Re McBride, assume this would be a permanent and not a 6th loan? Blackburn have brought in Dillian Markanday from Spurs already in this window who's another young striker so this might be a permanent?
  • edited January 2022
    redbuttle said:
    Croydon said:
    If Stockley is soon to come back then him, Aneke, Washington and Burstow up front is ok.

Agree. Personally don't think we will see him again this season. Hope I am wrong...

Unless you have insider info ? Yes we all hope you're wrong.

Remember the good old days for fans when players had a pain killing Injection and played; they had hip replacements at 50 !

Typical that when ever anyone is on a scoring run or playing well up front they have issues.
    Aneke last season when he scored a goal every 101 minutes on the field. Washington, last season and this season after scoring and playing well and Stockley this season where his partnership with Conor was working well in a two up front.

Barry Cryer was dogged with good luck all his life (his quote !) We are dogged by bad luck or self inflicted mistakes on and off the field.
  • Wanted Szmodics when he was at Colchester, would be a great last ditch panic signing.
  • It is strategy too. Chrissy Powella few years back explained why it was so important to get most of the squad in place early and this season we were well into the season and still trying to put it together. Whoever is to blame for that and it could be more than one person needs to have learned or no longer be at the club. It isn't as if it is too complex or subtle an idea. We have an advantage in not having anything to play for and that is the building can start now.