Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    *Highest net spend in league one summer 2021 transfer window*

Going to paste this like an annoying prat every time someone posts “TS is skint”.
    Since many transfers are 'undisclosed ' that World scope of yours is a bit dubious. Anyway it is how one spends rather than on what one spends that counts. 
    We were highest net spenders, that’s not my opinion that’s just maths.  You can argue it was spent badly by all means I’d probably agree with you but let’s not deny reality. 
    I still think Ipswich were highest spenders, even deducting fees received for Downes and Dozzell. 
  • Options
    You don't have to be bonkers to be a Charlton fan ?

But it helps !
  • Options

Going to paste this like an annoying prat every time someone posts “TS is skint”.
    Since many transfers are 'undisclosed ' that World scope of yours is a bit dubious. Anyway it is how one spends rather than on what one spends that counts. 
    We were highest net spenders, that’s not my opinion that’s just maths.  You can argue it was spent badly by all means I’d probably agree with you but let’s not deny reality. 
    I still think Ipswich were highest spenders, even deducting fees received for Downes and Dozzell. 
    They were the biggest spenders but not net spenders.  They sold Downes for a good for million and that covered all their fees.  It was on one of them transfer sites we were 700k they were 500k, Wigan I think were around the same as Ipswich.
  • Options

They were the biggest spenders but not net spenders.  They sold Downes for a good for million and that covered all their fees.  It was on one of them transfer sites we were 700k they were 500k, Wigan I think were around the same as Ipswich.
    Transfermarkt has them around 400/500k but is also missing figures for a few players including Morsy and Fraser who weren’t cheap. I reckon their net spend was about 2mil. 
  • Options

Be fair, we had nothing left to sell.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Don't be so hard on yourself 😉

Sorry...had to be done.. B)

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Very true! 

Reality is MK are a very well run club top to bottom and are deservedly well ahead of us on and off the pitch.
    They of course own the best stadium in the bottom two divisions and considerably better than many above that. Yet many on here look down on them which is very strange as Charlton hardly own the kit basket 🧺 they store the kit on.

Should we just airbrush history and ignore the fact that they effectively stole a club from a small but incredibly loyal fan base?

No mark club, run by a comple knob head.

The ground is a souless bowl full of pseudo cinema seats. About as much atmosphere as the moon.
    .My god you have a conveniently short memory. Your loyal bunch if happy go lucky
     wombles could  not be bothered to travel to Sellout Park in any numbers above 3,000 to watch a Premiership team while our fans , including  me , on a regular basis, had a much harder journey. 
    Hence Peter Winkelman issued several warnings about lack of attendance which was a huge joke in football,  saying he would move the club to another place.
    He owned the brand name and the football league agreed he could,  so he did. 
    None of your remarks detract from the stadium  design which is actually comfortable and designed for fans.  None of it is dangerous like the Colchester away end which is like the North face of the Eigar. It has much more room than the QPR ground and more leg room than most of the Valley  to be honest. 
    I actually enjoy that trip because ot isxwhat a modern stadium should be, in the way I enjoy Sheffield Wednesday away too for being what an old stadium should be us that ground has a great atmosphere. 

Maybe you should just go and support them then and stop trolling on here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    It doesn't really matter on the detail, the fact is we aren't the 14-16th biggest spenders, biggest payers or any other metric.

Collective failer.  Not Adkins, not Roddy, not Thomas, not Gallen, not Jackson.  Let's pray it never happens again.

We won't go down partly because Crewe, Doncaster and Gillingham won't get out the bottom 4.  Let that sink in. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    has any has anybody seen Ronnie Moore or Addick1956 in the same room?  I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the same person. One the bright side troll the other the negative annoying troll looking to wind up everybody and now trolling each other in some weird dissociative identity schtick.
    I've never seen any two CL members in the same room. Is this the Matrix?
  • Options
    I cannot see Gillingham selling any player to us, unless we make them an offer they can’t refuse, which is highly unlikely.
    Some years back I sat next to their chairman, Paul Scally, at a ‘do’. As a former Millwall fan, his intense dislike of CAFC was very obvious.
    Today's result might have a bearing on things to come
  • Options

It's not what you spend its who you spend it on. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It doesn't really matter on the detail, the fact is we aren't the 14-16th biggest spenders, biggest payers or any other metric.

Collective failer.  Not Adkins, not Roddy, not Thomas, not Gallen, not Jackson.  Let's pray it never happens again.

We won't go down partly because Crewe, Doncaster and Gillingham won't get out the bottom 4.  Let that sink in. 
    What about next season?
  • Options
    I cannot see Gillingham selling any player to us, unless we make them an offer they can’t refuse, which is highly unlikely.
    Some years back I sat next to their chairman, Paul Scally, at a ‘do’. As a former Millwall fan, his intense dislike of CAFC was very obvious.
    Today's result might have a bearing on things to come
    Heard their centre half had a storming game today 🤔
  • Options
    Didn’t we get Josh Parker from them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:
    I think maybe the club have accepted the season is a write off. What a fucking waste of the feel good factor we had at the start of this season. A big pissing on everyone’s chips, when we could have had a good old custardy cock dip (or various lady parts if they so wished). I was excited for this season, got my boy his 1st ever season ticket thinking what fun it would be, now trying to convince him it’s not always shit!!!!😬😂🥱☹️.
    I've been supporting us for 56 years, please try & convince me !
    Lol, I know, I’ve got 45 years under my belt and still trying to convince myself I’m not mad to still hope for some good stuff!!!, I blame my dad.😂
  • Options
    has any has anybody seen Ronnie Moore or Addick1956 in the same room?  I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the same person. One the bright side troll the other the negative annoying troll looking to wind up everybody and now trolling each other in some weird dissociative identity schtick.
    I have. They were cuddling.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Addick1956 Vs RonnieMoore 2022
    Please dont sully the golden era of WWF/E by comparing it to those wallys!! :wink:
    Listen you 2 pricks what the fuck  is up with you to start this sort of fucking slur. Is this because I or this other Lifer don't agree with you. Christ half this forum don't agree with the other.
    I’m not sure I agree with this.
  • Options
    Fraser would be a good signing.  Would also love to get Brannagan from Oxford in the summer but suspect the Championship will be calling
  • Options
    Fraser would be a good signing.  Would also love to get Brannagan from Oxford in the summer but suspect the Championship will be calling
    Could’ve done with him taking our 4th penalty the other night 😞.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Addick1956 Vs RonnieMoore 2022
    Please dont sully the golden era of WWF/E by comparing it to those wallys!! :wink:
    Listen you 2 pricks what the fuck  is up with you to start this sort of fucking slur. Is this because I or this other Lifer don't agree with you. Christ half this forum don't agree with the other.
    No slur at all...especially after calling me a prick for poking fun at a picture so its no slur at all when its clearly true...

Peoples Eyebrow GIFs  Tenor
  • Options

Transfer fees by themselves don't tell the whole story, as Ipswich and Wigan hovered up many of the best free agents, so would have spent more on signing on fees and wages
  • Options
    F*** me

Two trolls trolling each other now.

They’ve actually been doing it for the last week or two Henry. 
  • Options
    Blackpool have had bids for him rejected at about £750k… can’t see them selling to us or us getting near that