Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• I hope we don’t sign Fraser. Had a good game at our place last season, but was absolutely snuffed out at their place by Darren Pratley.
  • To the various replies to my highest net spenders post:

Yep I get it, wages, agent fees, sign on fees, poor players etc etc.  The underlying point of my post is that TS is not skint and will give us dosh.
  • To the various replies to my highest net spenders post:

Yep I get it, wages, agent fees, sign on fees, poor players etc etc.  The underlying point of my post is that TS is not skint and will give us dosh.
    Ipswich, Wigan and Sunderland have bigger wage bills than us.  The other 11 don't. 
  • Just putting this out there......any bloody transfer rumours? Just asking for a friend!
    The man from Del Monte, he says asks Mr Moore
  • Just check back in when the windows ‘slammed shut’ save on all the stress!
  • Don't like the fact we are playing on transfer deadline day, could get in the way of doing business.
  • cfgs said:
    Don't like the fact we are playing on transfer deadline day, could get in the way of doing business.
    Bit of a bonus if we want someone from Pompey though!
  • There is an almost tangible sense of expectation in the air.

Like Christmas in a high security prison. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    cfgs said:
    Don't like the fact we are playing on transfer deadline day, could get in the way of doing business.
    Bit of a bonus if we want someone from Pompey though!
    Until we beat them and they get the arse and double the price.
  • Can't think of anyone from Pompey bar Ronan Curtis I'd want. And he wouldn't fit the formation anyway 
  • edited January 2022
    Also think how much cash we can save not getting the snacks and soft drinks in, like that poor man in the Range Rover had to fork out for out of his own pocket.
  • Pot. Kettle
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just putting this out there......any bloody transfer rumours? Just asking for a friend!

These are very good 😂
  • Scoham said:
    I predict no rumours today.

Tomorrow morning Cawley will tell us we’re working on one more signing. He’ll later rule out Fraser.

Football Insider will then link us with a journeyman attacking midfielder. Cawley won’t deny it but confirm we’re working on a couple of deals.

At the end of the window we’ll sign a young loanee who did well at somewhere like Crawley but was recalled.

Some will get excited as he had a respectable goalscoring and assists record. Others will be underwhelmed.

Window so far
    Arter out JFC in
    Schwartz out Aneke in
    Davison out
    Kirk out

Castillo and John both count as u21 (believe 1 January 2000 is the cut off). Same for Burstow. That means still have two free slots, three if we don’t register JFC or can offload one of Soaure/Gunter/another.
    We’re maxed out on loans now I assume? 
  • I think we will register JFC to give him game time at the end of the season based on the relationship we have with him, and the fact that we don’t really have that much to loose (ie, we aren’t going up, we aren’t (probably) going down).  
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    This would not be a valid excuse for missing out on any deal.  

The dates are known in advance. The game is an evening kick off I.e. enough opportunity earlier in the day for any engagement with JJ. 

Negotiations unlikely to start and finish on the last day in any event. 

Gallen and MS aren’t involved directly in the Monday game. 

More importantly our season is largely over and any transfer probably of minimal impact - sadly. 

It’s just a coincidence of dates. 
  • cfgs said:
    We played on the same day the last Transfer Window closed - Guess Jackson doesn't really need to get involved in any negotiations.

Imagine he'll keep in regular communication with Steve Gallen for most of the day tomorrow anyway
  • We are going into a relegation battle very light on the striker front.

The fact we can't win a game once behind shows we need more goals in the team.
  • edited January 2022
    cfgs said:
    This would not be a valid excuse for missing out on any deal.  

The dates are known in advance. The game is an evening kick off I.e. enough opportunity earlier in the day for any engagement with JJ. 

Negotiations unlikely to start and finish on the last day in any event. 

Gallen and MS aren’t involved directly in the Monday game. 

More importantly our season is largely over and any transfer probably of minimal impact - sadly. 

It’s just a coincidence of dates. 
    Hope he's charged up the super deal phone  ;)
  • no rumours then - sorry Red!
  • cabbles said:
    Scoham said:
    I predict no rumours today.

Tomorrow morning Cawley will tell us we’re working on one more signing. He’ll later rule out Fraser.

Football Insider will then link us with a journeyman attacking midfielder. Cawley won’t deny it but confirm we’re working on a couple of deals.

At the end of the window we’ll sign a young loanee who did well at somewhere like Crawley but was recalled.

Some will get excited as he had a respectable goalscoring and assists record. Others will be underwhelmed.

Window so far
    Arter out JFC in
    Schwartz out Aneke in
    Davison out
    Kirk out

Castillo and John both count as u21 (believe 1 January 2000 is the cut off). Same for Burstow. That means still have two free slots, three if we don’t register JFC or can offload one of Soaure/Gunter/another.
    We’re maxed out on loans now I assume? 
    We have five, if we take on any more it means leaving one of them out the match day squad - Leko, Lee, Famewo, Castillo and John
  • Just putting this out there......any bloody transfer rumours? Just asking for a friend!
    You have a friend? 🤷‍♂️

• mendonca said:
    We are going into a relegation battle very light on the striker front.

The fact we can't win a game once behind shows we need more goals in the team.
    I wish I could "like" this more than once.

At last someone gets it.