Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Scoham said:
    SLP said we pulled out of the Browne deal, Pete O’Rourke is claiming we were beaten by Oxford. Great to have stories for both the optimists and pessimists :)
    Could be the same thing. Eg - Oxford beat Charlton by offering better terms, so Charlton pulled out
    I read (possibly on here) that we offered more than other clubs and Oxford came in only after we pulled out of the deal
    Not sure mate tbh, just suggesting a reason for the angles taken by the 2 reporters
  • Options
    Think the club are a shambles at the moment, they need to come clean about the Marcus Browne deal otherwise it looks like the club set themselves up to be beaten by Oxford. I Think we have a poor team on the recruitment side and as such should consider dismantling and get rid. It been going on too long and the club will lose season ticket sales for next year if they are not careful. Again just shows the sad state of affairs we are in when it comes to transfers.

Told you the deal was off because they could not agree the way the transfer was going to be paid .. nothing to do if medical etc etc ….. 
    So TS doesn't have the money or doesn't want to spend it .
    He has the money which he has proved time and time again . but not going to give middboro the whole amount for a player who coming back from injury to me that’s excellent business and shows now we will not be bullied …
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    Think the club are a shambles at the moment, they need to come clean about the Marcus Browne deal otherwise it looks like the club set themselves up to be beaten by Oxford. I Think we have a poor team on the recruitment side and as such should consider dismantling and get rid. It been going on too long and the club will lose season ticket sales for next year if they are not careful. Again just shows the sad state of affairs we are in when it comes to transfers.

I don't agree with you, the shambles at the club were over the previous few years, we are relatively well run at present in MY opinion. They don't need to come clean, or justify why they didn't sign Browne, there may be all sorts of reasons. We can have an opinion, but thats all it is.
    This 100%

We are slowly rebuilding a sustainable club.

All well and good saying we’ve spent more than this club or why aren’t we competing with this club. Truth is there is no magic wand to fix years of ineptitude and negligence. Our off field appointments have been sensible and we’ve had mixed success in transfers. The biggest two mistakes for this season was leaving the business too late in the summer and leaving Adkins in place too long. 

Sunderland have proved no one has a god given right to get out of this league and it may take time. We don’t need to micro analyse every little decision.
    But what will the trolls...well...troll about!!?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    I think maybe the club have accepted the season is a write off. What a fucking waste of the feel good factor we had at the start of this season. A big pissing on everyone’s chips, when we could have had a good old custardy cock dip (or various lady parts if they so wished). I was excited for this season, got my boy his 1st ever season ticket thinking what fun it would be, now trying to convince him it’s not always shit!!!!😬😂🥱☹️.
    I've been supporting us for 56 years, please try & convince me !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    F*** me

Two trolls trolling each other now.

They could be the same person, thus trolling them self.

If not,  Ronnie is the winner - purely because he refuses to bite at any derogatory comments towards him.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    RedRobin said:

The South London Press has been told that Charlton closely scrutinised a deal for Browne but eventually decided the switch was not right for them at this point.

Browne wanted too much money, the club didnt agree given his injury record perhaps?

God help us if he joins Oxford and scores against us next month
    Middboro wanted 400,000 we were only happy to pay a small amount up front the rest over games played …. Boro wanted most  up front 
    Where is that reported? 
    The Plymouth Evening News
  • Options
    I imagine the Browne deal broke down because the club wanted to structure the payments on appearances to protect themselves. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Richard J said:
    Fraser not in the squad for Ipswich today. 
    He hasnt played for them since their FA Cup defeat at Barrow in December

Been a number of weeks since he's been on the bench

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-fraser/leistungsdaten/spieler/193079
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Gribbo said:
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    "We will not be selling our good young players" or words to that effect. This is a vital test now with Burstow.

I will be absolutely gutted if he goes. 
    If he went for £20,000,000, would any of us be disappointed?  For £2,000,000, I know we all would. 
    The fee for Lookman for example was pretty decent, indeed he hasn't really progressed much since then
    He hasn't really progressed?!

You think he'd have been better off staying at Charlton? 82 appearances in the PL, 22 in the Bundesliga by the age of 24?
    Two seasons of football at 24...really,  how exhausting. By the time Billy Bonds was 21 he had played 2 plus seasons and went on to play 663 more for West Ham.
    Paul Went had played 50 for Leyton Orient by the time he was 17 and came to Charlton. 
    Alan Campbell had played 198 games by the time he was 21 !
    Likewise Mike Bailey 151 by the time he was 24,  Lennie Glover 177 by the age of 24. 
    All youth products , mostly ours . They'll had long careers too. 

82 by the cage of 24 is part time football really.
    You seem to be living in the past.

And you're not adding things up.

82 in the PL, 22 in the Bundesliga and 45 games for us. 150 in total. 25 appearances per season on average since his breakthrough is pretty good.
    I looked at our own youth products.  These days young players are 'seemingly to delicate to play much. 25 a season is part time. Once every two weeks. Hardly back breaking work. Infact I played more as youth, once playing 3 times over a weekend. 
    The hoary old living in the past jibe cuts no ice here. I cannot hardly quote from the bfuture can I ?
    When was you born then @addick1956?
    During an era when training was 3 laps round the pitch, a run up and down the terraces, followed by a sprint.
    The hard work, tactics and team building was done in the pub over a pint and a fag.

Still what would I know compared to you.  I only watch it in that period you have a BA in. 
    Come on, mate. I tried to be light hearted, tongue in cheek. Nothing personal.

Why not lighten up and have some fun? :smile:

• Options
    Please close the window early 🙄

Same shit spouted over and over again ! 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Charlton Athletic closed for the season,
    please come back next year!!🙄☹️😤
    Waste of a whole season.
    We have had 3 or more consecutive poor transfer windows. 
    We must do much better this coming summer otherwise it's groundhog day. 
    Last winter we had Stockley,  Millar and Jaiyesimi.  That was 3 windows ago. Nobody thought  that bad then an I still don't. 
    I tend to judge how good or bad a transfer window is by our league position. 
    I said our last three windows have been poor.
    Bottom half of league one so I stand by what I said.
  • Options
    I cannot see Gillingham selling any player to us, unless we make them an offer they can’t refuse, which is highly unlikely.
    Some years back I sat next to their chairman, Paul Scally, at a ‘do’. As a former Millwall fan, his intense dislike of CAFC was very obvious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    This is exhausting.

Thankfully the transfer window will close soon and we will, hopefully, stop seeing the same rubbish posted every single day.

I see over 100 new posts and think what have I missed? But it’s the same regurgitation. Round and round we go. 
    It’s the same as all previous transfer windows on CL !!!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    This is exhausting.

Thankfully the transfer window will close soon and we will, hopefully, stop seeing the same rubbish posted every single day.

I see over 100 new posts and think what have I missed? But it’s the same regurgitation. Round and round we go. 
    Andy Delort, Haydn Mullins, Darren Purse ....... ? 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I can see it now:

Martin Sandgaard "Dad, you need to release a public statement asap"

Thomas Sandgaard "Eh? Why is that?"

MS "Some bloke called Stan The Man on Charlton Life said the club is a shambles"

TS "Not THE Stan The Man?"

MS "Yes Father, it is him"

TS "Noooooooooooooo"

End screne.
    Reminds me of “the famous Dodger” scene outside the valley 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    This is exhausting.

Andy Delort, Haydn Mullins, Darren Purse ....... ? 

Bring back Cory Gibbs I say 
  • Options
  • Options
    F*** me

Two trolls trolling each other now.

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I can see it now:

Martin Sandgaard "Dad, you need to release a public statement asap"

Thomas Sandgaard "Eh? Why is that?"

MS "Some bloke called Stan The Man on Charlton Life said the club is a shambles"

TS "Not THE Stan The Man?"

MS "Yes Father, it is him"

TS "Noooooooooooooo"

End screne.
    Reminds me of “the famous Dodger” scene outside the valley 
    Don't forget screwfix or whatever shop it was, classic! 
  • Options
    *Highest net spend in league one summer 2021 transfer window*

Going to paste this like an annoying prat every time someone posts “TS is skint”.
    Since many transfers are 'undisclosed ' that World scope of yours is a bit dubious. Anyway it is how one spends rather than on what one spends that counts. 
    We were highest net spenders, that’s not my opinion that’s just maths.  You can argue it was spent badly by all means I’d probably agree with you but let’s not deny reality.