Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Shit AND carrying and injury. This kid sounds promising 
  • Options
    It will be on twitter on half an hour that we are intrested in him now. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing that our bidding for Fraser is far from done. We have a ceiling valuation that we will not go beyond though. 
    Never go through a celling
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing that our bidding for Fraser is far from done. We have a ceiling valuation that we will not go beyond though. 
    @Dazzler21 I hope you are putting yourself on your own rumours list!
  • Options
    Ipswich leaked story of our bid to generate a bidding war ….. 
    Via the Plymouth Herald 
  • Options
    Be exciting if we could bring in Scott Fraser although he will be attracting interest from the Championship, we like signing players that play well against us, Lyle Taylor used to, Erhun Oztumer scored against us, Charlie Kirk..
    Jaiyesimi
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Be exciting if we could bring in Scott Fraser although he will be attracting interest from the Championship, we like signing players that play well against us, Lyle Taylor used to, Erhun Oztumer scored against us, Charlie Kirk..
    Jaiyesimi
    Can't we offer him as part of the deal for Fraser. Must be worth at least another £25k.
  • Options
    Freddie Ladapo anybody?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Melrose said:
    Freddie Ladapo anybody?
    Will surely go to championship club 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    should have got him in the summer along with Twine. But we dithered & delayed and finally had to go for Lee towards deadline day. 

You snooze you lose. 
    Love how easy you make how you think it should be sound. 
  • Options
    Maybe. No offers as yet!!
  • Options
    Can’t see us getting Fraser to be honest. Ipswich paid something around £750,000 (if you believe their fans) for him in the summer. They’ll want something close to that figure, so there’s a big gap between our opening bid and something they’d deem an attractive offer. 

Are we prepared to spend that? Should we even spend that? I’d rather us go after someone closer to 20 than 30 if we’re making a significant investment.
  • Options
    should have got him in the summer along with Twine. But we dithered & delayed and finally had to go for Lee towards deadline day. 

You snooze you lose. 
    It’s easy to be Captain Hindsight with this one, but just out of interest why hasn’t it worked out for him at Ipswich?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Fraser is quality, would much rather him than browne
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We will probably offer less with our 2nd bid. 
    Katrien isn't here anymore. It'll be marginally more. 
  • Options

You snooze you lose. 
    It’s easy to be Captain Hindsight with this one, but just out of interest why hasn’t it worked out for him at Ipswich?
    I don’t watch Ipswich to know, but I expect it’s similar to why has it not worked out for Kirk at Charlton.

Which is a mixture of many different issues.
  • Options
    This is a time where JJ and his team need to work out who they want and who they don't. In all honesty, they probably already have in a lot of cases and if players that we need going forwards are available now, it makes sense to get them now and integrate them more fully for next season.
  • Options

You snooze you lose. 
    I don’t watch Ipswich to know, but I expect it’s similar to why has it not worked out for Kirk at Charlton.

I know someone at Ipswich, and I think its a case of some big personality at the club which does not make it the happiest place. If you get my drift.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You snooze you lose. 
    We did not make any bid for Twine and Ipswich offers silly wages to get him.. now that could be an issue for the player when trying tho move .. so now we did not dither at all 

• Options
    Can't be arsed if Burstow goes.  Valley Gold membership each season to buy players that we get to see for a few months if they are half decent and have potential at playing at the higher level and they leave.

If that is our business model now and we are now a Crewe or Peterborough then so be it but I won't be forking out for it each season if players are just going to be sell on commodities. Not even worth having the VG priority tickets when we're not in the same league as millwall or palace as we are shite in the cup in both results and draws.

All our decent prospects end up going to Championship or Premier league clubs to bolster their sides.  We don't have the resources and/ or ambition to keep hold of them and perhaps build a team that will progress us up the leagues.

We used to beat Chelsea and Spurs who now use us as loan recipients to develop their abundance of youngsters to be resold at profit or rehab their injured players.

Fed up with it all really. I accept that it's the reality of the modern game but it's shite and makes me wonder what the point of it is as the "one day" optimism and hope that keeps us turning up every week seems even more futile with each passing season.

Seeing the future stars of the premier league for 5 minutes before they're off down the road to villa or whoever doesn't cut it.

First things first he not going anywhere .. second this is why TS agreed to take over the 12 mill development of the training ground and academy so we can get back to grade one status which will stop teams taking our players without proper transfer fee 

12 fucking million to develop the training ground and academy. 

Top wumming. 
  • Options

You snooze you lose. 

I know someone at Ipswich, and I think its a case of some big personality at the club which does not make it the happiest place. If you get my drift.
    I genuinely don't get your drift, although I would like to.
  • Options

You snooze you lose. 

I genuinely don't get your drift, although I would like to.
    There are some arseholes at Ipswich, on the playing staff, management staff and SMT at Ipswich.
  • Options
    I’d be amazed if TS is ready to plough in £400/500k on a player after shelling out for Stockley, Kirk and now Aneke.  

If Fraser is someone to genuinely make our team better for next season, I welcome him, I’m sure some of you know him better than I do, and would welcome him.  I’m just massively dubious about our recruitment at the moment.