Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    I'm happy to put my neck on the block to say that the striker coming in might not be injury prone but he wont be experienced & most likely another "teenage sensation" from a premier league club.

Remember, you heard it first here.
    I'll put my neck on the line too, and predict he wont be a loan
  • Options
    I'm happy to put my neck on the block to say that the striker coming in might not be injury prone but he wont be experienced & most likely another "teenage sensation" from a premier league club.

Remember, you heard it first here.
    What striker? We were after an attacking midfielder in Browne and Cawley said there won’t be any further signings. That’s fallen through so we’re looking for alternatives, with Fraser being one of them.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Leuth said:
    Addick_8 said:
    This quote from Bowyer back when we lost 4-2 to Burton last season (first defeat in 9) couldn’t be more true about a majority of this squad right now: 

“They are playing for a great club and some of the players we have in this dressing room were struggling to find clubs – this club took you out of that problem. The club expects you to rebound with hard work – that’s all”
    Yeah, and it was both a misdiagnosis and a dick move. So glad he's not our manager, and hopefully never will be again 
    So let me get this right, if the manager thinks players playing for the club that we as fans pay good money to support up and down the country as well as spend so much of our time on, aren’t pulling their weight and taking the piss so calls them out for it he’s pulled a “dick move” ?  

You seem to have forgot who took us to Wembley & out of this gutter of a league then almost kept us up with everything stacked against him? Think he deserves a lot more then your post.

Not going to get on everyone’s nerves and make this all about Bowyer on a transfers thread so I’ll just leave it with the above. 
    Great post, couldn't agree more. 
    Step Brothers Did We Just Become Best Friends GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY
  • Options
    Sorry, I thought Brown was a striker.

My bad.

My post still stands. Incoming likely to be a Premier League starlet.
  • Options
    "We will not be selling our good young players" or words to that effect. This is a vital test now with Burstow.

I will be absolutely gutted if he goes. 
    To be fair, there isn't much we can do if the current champions of Europe come knocking can we?
  • Options
    The twitter account says he's the Chelsea Correspondent for this site

https://www.goal.com/en
    Thankfully, that’s a nonsense website. 

They churn out content like nobodies business so it’s probably a non story. 
  • Options
    Maybe I’m in a barking mad minority.  But Burstow going (with a respectable fee that will be reinvested and a sell on clause) and Fraser incoming I’d be happy.

1) you cannot stop a big 6 coming in even if you’re one of the big 10.
    2) we need to think about the short term future which is getting out of this pisshole league, are we realistically going to ever see the best of Burstow down in this league?  Of course not, he will probably be nicked off us even if by some miracle we got promoted this season. 
  • Options
    Ipswich manager not expecting Fraser to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The twitter account says he's the Chelsea Correspondent for this site

https://www.goal.com/en
    Thankfully, that’s a nonsense website. 

They churn out content like nobodies business so it’s probably a non story. 
    Using the word "probably" ...
  • Options
    I didn't realise Fraser had fallen out of favour so badly at Ipswich. Does anyone know why? New manager doesn't fancy him or has he been terrible?
  • Options
    I didn't realise Fraser had fallen out of favour so badly at Ipswich. Does anyone know why? New manager doesn't fancy him or has he been terrible?
    If we're showing an interest, it'll be the latter.

Unless he's got a injury

;)
  • Options
    Still can't believe we weren't even in for Twine on a free in the summer 
  • Options
    Fraser was excellent last year.  The previous two years for Burton he was a decent midfielder but no where near the level of play from last year. So was last year the anomaly and has reverted back to his actual quality or was Ipswich just not a good fit
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ipswich manager not expecting Fraser to leave.

• Options
    Aluko currently doing the business for them and plays same role
  • Options
    Perhaps we should scrap the youth system like  Brentford and use the money saved to attract other people's better youth players already in the 1st XI has Brentford do.  No heart breaks or egg on face then. This will mean Chelsea have to do proper dcouti g instead of being Russian  money funded vultures. 
    Hard to do without a lot of money in the first place, and that's not the Charlton that I support. I like that we bring youngsters and academy players through
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fraser would excite me in a way Browne (  because of injury concerns) doesn't. 
  • Options
    Be exciting if we could bring in Scott Fraser although he will be attracting interest from the Championship, we like signing players that play well against us, Lyle Taylor used to, Erhun Oztumer scored against us, Charlie Kirk..
  • Options

Perhaps we should scrap the youth system like  Brentford and use the money saved to attract other people's better youth players already in the 1st XI has Brentford do.  No heart breaks or egg on face then. This will mean Chelsea have to do proper dcouti g instead of being Russian  money funded vultures. 
    Yes, lets cut off our nose to spite our face!!!!!

We are mid table league 1 even if we were a championship club, we would still not be able to keep our young players. Hopefully we can keep young talent for longer or negotiate realistic fee's for them but selling academy products to cover the losses of league one mediocrity is part and parcel of modern football unfortunately.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

The South London Press has been told that Charlton closely scrutinised a deal for Browne but eventually decided the switch was not right for them at this point.

Browne wanted too much money, the club didnt agree given his injury record perhaps?

God help us if he joins Oxford and scores against us next month
    Middboro wanted 400,000 we were only happy to pay a small amount up front the rest over games played …. Boro wanted most  up front 
    Where is that reported? 
  • Options
    Based on not being the know but my thinking is that Browne deal was looking good and Frasers become available so we have switched targets as a result..
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    RedRobin said:

The South London Press has been told that Charlton closely scrutinised a deal for Browne but eventually decided the switch was not right for them at this point.

Browne wanted too much money, the club didnt agree given his injury record perhaps?

Middboro wanted 400,000 we were only happy to pay a small amount up front the rest over games played …. Boro wanted most  up front 
    Where is that reported? 
    in his head
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    RedRobin said:

Where is that reported? 
    in his head
    4 minutes too late !