Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    The twitter account says he's the Chelsea Correspondent for this site

https://www.goal.com/en
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Of course its not happening, he is going to Brentford instead. 
    This got an lol a couple of days ago..... 
  • Options
    The mother of all meltdowns coming should he end up there end of this window.  Summer however, doesn’t matter who our owners are that cannot be stopped, but we’ll get a better fee than usual.
  • Options

I thought you ment he was the Chelsea Correspondent for THIS site. 
  • Options
    That would be a terrible move for all involved
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I thought you ment he was the Chelsea Correspondent for THIS site. 
    Well we've got a Plymouth correspondent on here, so why not a Chelsea one
  • Options
    https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/scott-fraser-demand-charlton-lead-26074433

Charlton Athletic have made a move to try and trump Swansea in the fight to land Scott Fraser.

The League One outfit has tabled a £400,000 offer to land the Ipswich Town playmaker.

Swansea are also keen with boss Russell Martin having previously worked with Fraser at MK Dons.

Hasnt played for Ipswich since December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Don’t get all worked up over that tweet about Burstow going to Chelsea.  
    Is this Kinsella fella taking bollocks then? 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I don't think it is Mason we should be too concerned about, he always comes over as a level headed guy with Charlton at heart having cheered on from the terraces as a lad, no it is the agent we have to worry about and what he is being drip fed...💲 appreciate he will always get attention, but now is not the time to move on..
  • Options
    WSS said:
    arny23394 said:
     Burstow will be a good player, but I don’t think his performances warrant attention from top premier league clubs. 
    It's not a risk though is it? Talent farms.
    Yup... the risk would be the top six teams leaving him here with us, and then losing him to a rival when his talent becomes more obvious - If he doesn't show his potential after being picked up by Chelsea now, then its no skin of their back.

The £1-3m (that is being suggested on here), could probably be made back in loan fees before he turns 21.
  • Options
    "We will not be selling our good young players" or words to that effect. This is a vital test now with Burstow.

I will be absolutely gutted if he goes. 
    Richard Murrey said that in RDs behalf when he bought us. I don't remember TS ever saying that.  In fact it would likely count against his business plan of using our youth to help subsidies a push up the leagues.  We will always sell, it's how much we get and how we manage their contracts that is key.

No idea how long is left on Burstows contract but assuming at least next season we should hold him to the end of this at least and let him score another 5-10 goals as that would see his value start to soar.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    "We will not be selling our good young players" or words to that effect. This is a vital test now with Burstow.

Did Thomas say that?
    No. If anything he has intimated we will be getting money for our youngsters instead of them leaving on frees. (And I'm not even sure he's said that out loud).
  • Options
    I don't think it is Mason we should be too concerned about, he always comes over as a level headed guy with Charlton at heart having cheered on from the terraces as a lad, no it is the agent we have to worry about and what he is being drip fed, appreciate he will always get attention, but now is not the time to move on..
    I love how its always the agent that forces players to increase their wages ten fold against their will. 

If x or y offer him 10 times what he is on of course he is going to go, agent or no agent. 
  • Options
    We need to get Burstow on a longer contract pronto. Indeed it should have been done last last autumn, when it was clear there was something about him.

It's regrettable that we can gamble on long contracts on the likes of Schwartz, DJ and Kirk, but are so slow with tying down our best youngsters. The time to do it isn't when the whole world knows about them.
    I don't think it's that we're not gambling, or offering longer term contracts. I think agents for kids with promise are a bit more savvy. A 24 year old moving from one L1 club to another is going to be happy to get a 3 year contract. It's stability, they've got bills to pay, etc. An 18/19 years, living at home with mum and confident in their ability won't sign a 3 year deal, They'll sign a 1 or 2 year deal, confident they'll pick up another club, or at least told they won't have a problem and that if/when a bigger club comes in then the shorter contract will work in their favour.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Did Thomas say that?
    No. If anything he has intimated we will be getting money for our youngsters instead of them leaving on frees. (And I'm not even sure he's said that out loud).
    Which is the reality.

Of course we will sell players we don't want to lose, every club bar Chelsea and Man City does, but it's selling them at the right time and at the right price and then re-investing that money into the club.

And getting Cat 1 as TS is planning to do (WIOTOS) will help us do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If he went for £20,000,000, would any of us be disappointed?  For £2,000,000, I know we all would. 
  • Options
    Sadly we continue to see young players lured by big clubs and agents who want to make a fast buck and quickly. Nobody could convince any player to stay at his parent club when the premiership big boys come knocking. Even when we were a premier league club Scott Parker was lured away and probably, even though a serious injury intervened, shot his own career in the foot. Personally speaking I hate how it all works or conspires to reduce clubs to being feeders for the big boys with the only Carrott being the club getting a decent enough fee to keep the bailiffs from the door. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Sadly we continue to see young players lured by big clubs and agents who want to make a fast buck and quickly. Nobody could convince any player to stay at his parent club when the premiership big boys come knocking. Even when we were a premier league club Scott Parker was lured away and probably, even though a serious injury intervened, shot his own career in the foot. Personally speaking I hate how it all works or conspires to reduce clubs to being feeders for the big boys with the only Carrott being the club getting a decent enough fee to keep the bailiffs from the door. 
    It's been like that since the maximum wage was abolished. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    cabbles said:
    I can't say for sure, I just think it's a bit dubious, based on timing

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    cabbles said:
    Not as trustworthy as his brother, Mark
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I'm happy to put my neck on the block to say that the striker coming in might not be injury prone but he wont be experienced in this League (or any other for that matter) & most likely another "teenage sensation" from a premier league club.

Remember, you heard it first here.