Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    I think maybe the club have accepted the season is a write off. What a fucking waste of the feel good factor we had at the start of this season. A big pissing on everyone’s chips, when we could have had a good old custardy cock dip (or various lady parts if they so wished). I was excited for this season, got my boy his 1st ever season ticket thinking what fun it would be, now trying to convince him it’s not always shit!!!!😬😂🥱☹️.
  • Options
    That’s a shame, he’s an exciting young player who’s probably a level above League One. 

Oh well, at least we still have Charlie Kirk. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I'd prefer Browne because now it means we will be going for our 2nd option in January once again. Same thing happened last year with Kirk and we ended up with DJ, even if they did both ended up being pony.
  • Options
    On a positive note, it’s an opportunity to moan about TS having no money. We might even get a young and hopefully injury prone loanee or, even better, no one at all.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    On a positive note, it’s an opportunity to moan about TS having no money. We might even get a young and hopefully injury prone loanee or, even better, no one at all.
    Well we've also dropped out of the running for Defoe

Has anyone checked the stock prices for Zynex?
  • Options
    We need to keep away from recently injury hit players. It was laughable when in the Championship that we had upto 15 players out! That's more than unlucky. 
  • Options
    Whoever scores for the U23s today is our new striking sensation. 

Go Wassim
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Unfortunately this is par for the course when the "bigger" clubs circle like vultures round our always impressive youth set up, and it really does piss me off, however if anything does develop...not Palarse PLEASE..that would really bring on the red mist...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So some fringe (rightly or wrongly) players out on loan.

Some youth players out on youth loans to get experience

Money spent on a proven league one goal scorer.

A 22 year old loanee with little playing team and perhaps isn't match fit who might become a permanent deal.

An 18 year old loanee with little first team experience but an England international and recommended by SCP

Chasing a striker/attacking midfielder proven in league 1 but coming back from a long injury lay-off that might also become a perm deal.

So without seeing any of them play for us, Browne deal not done and no idea how Kirk does at Blackpool how have we done?

Marks out of ten?

Reckon that depends on how you look at the bigger picture.

If you're mainly concerned with finishing this season on a relative high (mid table / nowhere near going down), it's a 7.5 / 8

If you're looking further down the line with a view to building a squad of players long term, reckon it’s a 6, considering the lack of foundations there is in the first place.

The loan signings are great but if they perform brilliantly (meaning we’ll finish mid table), what are the chances they'll be recalled by their clubs and shipped out to someone else in the Championship next season and our problems continue with having to rebuild again? I think there’s got to be that moment where there’s a drastic shift in personnel and until that happens, the same convos will be had.

100% support none the less...

• Options
    How weak did we start the season in attack, with Claydon and Davison expected to magically be our wild cards, because they are young!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Unfortunately this is par for the course when the "bigger" clubs circle like vultures round our always impressive youth set up, and it really does piss me off, however if anything does develop...not Palarse PLEASE..that would really bring on the red mist...
    If he goes to Palace it'll be a case of 'e Adigun and shot himself in the foot
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    How weak did we start the season in attack, with Claydon and Davison expected to magically be our wild cards, because they are young!
    Yeh, that "pathway to the first team" mantra was really being touted at that point.
    I wonder how much pressure was being applied from above to make that happen.
    Maybe partly explains why Morgan was thrust into the position of midfield lynchpin.
    If they are good enough there's a pathway, it isn't a fecking promise.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Is burstow out of contract next year ?? 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    We're never going to keep hold of young talent when the likes of Chelsea come knocking.

It's important we get compensated well though. And use any money to fund a solid league one outfit that may not be pretty but will be knocking on the door for the next couple of seasons.
  • Options
    "We will not be selling our good young players" or words to that effect. This is a vital test now with Burstow.

I will be absolutely gutted if he goes. 
  • Options
    Is burstow he out of contract next year ?? 
    End of next season. 

If he doesn’t look like signing a new deal then we’ll be forced to sell him before next season starts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Realistically In todays market, with English player tax and the current situation we find ourselves in, how much do we reckon we could squeeze out from a team like Chelsea for MB?I think the sum will be underwhelming for most.
  • Options
    The first true test of the clubs intensions moving forward imo !
  • Options
    If he goes my season ticket is going in the bin. The only bright spot on another shocking season in this shit division. 
  • Options
    Realistically In todays market, with English player tax and the current situation we find ourselves in, how much do we reckon we could squeeze out from a team like Chelsea for MB?I think the sum will be underwhelming for most.
    He’s not on a long contract so I have no idea what power we have in negotiations. 

£1-3m would be my range, I can’t imagine it being much more than that. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Don’t get all worked up over that tweet about Burstow going to Chelsea.  
    Why?
  • Options
    "We will not be selling our good young players" or words to that effect. This is a vital test now with Burstow.

I will be absolutely gutted if he goes. 
    He'll go at some point, probably sooner rather than later if we continue to struggle in the third division.
    Mind you, if he is gone by monday night they can whistle for my season ticket money next season.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Don’t get all worked up over that tweet about Burstow going to Chelsea.  
    Why?
    It’s a bit of a coincidence it pops up right at the end of the window, when he’s literally just broken into the first team and scored a couple of goals. 

I could be wrong, but it very much screams content filler/click bait for all those who tweet about player moves 
    I reckon you are right