Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Looks really chuffed to bits to be "Back out with the boys".
  • Good stuff. We made out he was "fixed" from his spell at Birmingham and could play regular 90 minutes now. We have excellent sport science staff.
  • 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Looks really chuffed to bits to be "Back out with the boys".
    Looking for something on the ground to slip over on, to keep the injury going until the end of the season...
  • What was his latest injury? He's been out for 2 months 
  • edited April 2022

jdsd42 said:
    Uninspiring and better about - waste of money 

only my opinion 

Welcome back Chuks.

It always disappointed me that he couldn't last a full game. Let's hope we get more minutes out of him this time around. 

Bump to August from 14th Jan
  • Joining training for the last half hour?
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s not out, he’s going out out.
  • Natty sports Bra though. He is Superman, wearing his underwear over his clothes. Welcome back
  • What was his latest injury? He's been out for 2 months 
    Good question. Does he has a specific injury or is he just always out 'injured'?
  • Natty sports Bra though. He is Superman, wearing his underwear over his clothes. Welcome back
    His wife has just had a baby, so he is probably breast feeding and it’s his nursing bra.
  • edited April 2022
    His injury record isn't even that bad. Last five years: 

21/22 - 27 apps (so far)

20/21 - 40 appearances

19/20 - 20 appearances

18/19 - 41 appearances

17/18 - 35 appearances
  • edited April 2022
    Chunes said:
    His injury record isn't even that bad. Last five years: 

21/22 - 27 apps (so far)

20/21 - 40 appearances

19/20 - 20 appearances

18/19 - 41 appearances

17/18 - 35 appearances
    Albeit it was the equivalent of about 12 full games.
  • Chunes said:
    Yeah, he can't play 90 minutes. That's a very accurate criticism. But it's not accurate to say he's always injured.
    The fact he is not always injured is the fact he has to be handled with kid gloves. And when you don't do that, he gets injured.

in 19/20, his first year at Charlton, he only started 2 games and came on as sub in 18.

In 20/21, he amazingly managed to start 11 league games but came on as sub in 27. 

No idea what he did at Birmingham but as soon as he came back this year and he was (foolishly?) started in 4 games he has disappeared injured. Again.

Sorry but how on earth can you have a "star" striker who is only capable of playing a few minutes as a sub? 
  • He's always been a great impact sub in my books. Probably the best in the league at that role. Definitely wouldn't call him our star striker, and I haven't heard anything out of the club proclaiming him the main man, unless I've missed something.
  • We've got him for another three years.  He's saving himself for the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone ever said he's our 'star' striker?

The thing about Chuks is, although it's not ideal he can only be used as a sub, his record shows that he can be very effective off the bench. He scored a lot of goals coming on in matches last season. Lots of players struggle to impact games if they don't start but, if anything, it's maybe the other way around with Chuks. I think there's an argument to say that even if he could start matches regularly, that the best way to use him is as sub so I don't necessarily think it's a huge hindrance to us that he has to be a sub, other than it means he's not really an option as cover for other players, more he's a special weapon that has to be used sparingly.
  • Chunes said:
    Yeah, he can't play 90 minutes. That's a very accurate criticism. But it's not accurate to say he's always injured.
    Absolutely, I made this point before. Last season he wasn’t “always injured” at all, not like Inniss. Personally I’d always choose Aneke over Inniss, if Stockley stays fit and we can get Aneke available (even if only for 30 mins) for 40 league games then he can have a huge impact. 
  • edited April 2022
    Chunes said:
    in 19/20, his first year at Charlton, he only started 2 games and came on as sub in 18.

In the championship where he wasn't seen as good enough to be a starter and was second fiddle to Taylor.
  • edited April 2022
    Chunes said:
    Absolutely, I made this point before. Last season he wasn’t “always injured” at all, not like Inniss. Personally I’d always choose Aneke over Inniss, if Stockley stays fit and we can get Aneke available (even if only for 30 mins) for 40 league games then he can have a huge impact. 
    I wonder if your boss would put up with a similar input from you saying g we have him for 40 weeks a year for 2 days a week  !
    Unsurprisingly a stupid comparison from you. My business needs me to do my job for around 200 days a year. Aneke can help Charlton be successful with 30 ‘good days at the office’. 
  • Chunes said:
    The fact he is not always injured is the fact he has to be handled with kid gloves. And when you don't do that, he gets injured.

In 20/21, he amazingly managed to start 11 league games but came on as sub in 27. 

No idea what he did at Birmingham but as soon as he came back this year and he was (foolishly?) started in 4 games he has disappeared injured. Again.

Sorry but how on earth can you have a "star" striker who is only capable of playing a few minutes as a sub? 
    He made 18 appearances for Brum all but one as sub. Total of 394 minutes with them. With us this season he has already clocked up 364 minutes in just 5 matches - and the result is that he is mysteriously injured again. 

I was a defender of his record in his previous spell, because he’d managed a full season with MKD. But we need some answers from all involved in this transfer, including Chuks himself. Silence isn’t going to do anyone any credit.
  • what is the condition that prevents him playing full matches? Is it a muscle condition? Or something else?
  • what is the condition that prevents him playing full matches? Is it a muscle condition? Or something else?
    Every medical professional he sees: 
    🤷🤷🏻🤷🏼🤷🏽🤷🏾🤷🏿
    🤷‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️
    🤷‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️
  • Wish he’d have stayed at Brum to be honest. Wouldn’t have to read people trying to justify the worth of such an over rated footballer. Especially one that can’t turn out enough to be effective and if he does spits his dummy out when things aren’t going well,and either nearly or does get sent off for petulance. Other than that he’s ok for five minutes hear or there. 
  • Chunes said:
    Also helps that the PL are reintroducing the 5 sub rule next season, which i assume means the EFL will follow.

Much less of an issue having a guy who can only play 30-45 minutes when you can make 4 other subs every week.
    Lazyitis. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!