Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Well last week he was a doubt for Sheff Weds but hopeful for Plymouth, now we don't know when we'll next see him. Getting a bit ridiculous now, but if they didn't know we needed a new striker already then at least they certainly will now.
  • The worry is if we lose Stockley at any time and can include suspensions then there is no back up. It would harm Miles's progression to be thrown in at the deep end and at the moment there is no one else. Chuks was a punt to try and revive a season, quite simply he will never be fit enough, shame but it's a fact.
  • I will start by saying I don't know and am speculating but Chuks is very muscular, almost veering towards body building. Of course strength is a big asset but could this also be part of the problem. The calf is a muscle of course.
  • I will start by saying I don't know and am speculating but Chuks is very muscular, almost veering towards body building. Of course strength is a big asset but could this also be part of the problem. The calf is a muscle of course.
    He's muscular for a footballer, but nothing close to a body builder. 
  • Frustrating but this will focus minds on getting another more reliable option to Stockley in the door. Then Chuks becomes a bonus ball option when he is available, which was always the best way to use him. 
    Don't you mean if he is ever available, not when?
  • I am starting to question whether he even has an issue. 

Hamstring, glute, quad, calf, beginning to think he's just stealing a living right now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel sorry for the bloke. Unfortunately I'd imagine a hefty chunk of our budget is invested in a man that clearly will never be available more than half a season.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I will start by saying I don't know and am speculating but Chuks is very muscular, almost veering towards body building. Of course strength is a big asset but could this also be part of the problem. The calf is a muscle of course.
    He's muscular for a footballer, but nothing close to a body builder. 
    I said veering towards. But maybe you have put it better, he is muscular for a footballer. 
  • edited August 2022
    Feel sorry for the bloke. Unfortunately I'd imagine a hefty chunk of our budget is invested in a man that clearly will never be available more than half a season.
    Available for half a season and for 20 - 30 minutes when he is available. He’s a great asset when he can play but at this point in our situation I really think he’s just clogging up the squad places and is a drain on resources. Such a pity for him and for us. Hope we witness a miracle but I can’t see it. 
  • He has a three year contract on decent money so we really have no option than to try to get him as right as he can be. Somebody seems to have made a wrong call last season. Not with the benefit of hindsight, but going back to the comments from fans at the time. And they didn't have access to all the medical informaton.
  • J BLOCK said:
    PWR - He is an absolute joke, whoever signed off re-signing him should be sacked, totally ridiculous. We all knew this would happen. 
    I have to agree.  I understand the impact sub argument, but since he re-signed in Jan, he’s hardly played and he’s had a whole summer where he wasn’t playing any games for 6 weeks or so.  

We’ve got 3 more years of this pretty much.  I think it was a mistake to bring him back and if he hasn’t shown any sign of improvement come the summer, then I would try and move him on, if possible
  • cabbles said:
    J BLOCK said:
    PWR - He is an absolute joke, whoever signed off re-signing him should be sacked, totally ridiculous. We all knew this would happen. 
    I have to agree.  I understand the impact sub argument, but since he re-signed in Jan, he’s hardly played and he’s had a whole summer where he wasn’t playing any games for 6 weeks or so.  

We’ve got 3 more years of this pretty much.  I think it was a mistake to bring him back and if he hasn’t shown any sign of improvement come the summer, then I would try and move him on, if possible
    Good luck with trying to find another club willing to pay his wages!
  • Haha so predictable!
    For the athletics fans among you I have now put Chucks into the same file as Dean Macey !
    To explain to non fans this bloke used to say he was a decathalete and was on the lottery funding bandwagon. Every fucking olympics, commonwealth games, european championships or any other event the bloke happened to be injured and couldn't go 😂😂😂
    3.5 year contract my arse !
  • Changed his name to Chuks A&Eka.
  • 3 and a half years is probably too long a deal for him. But the 18 months before we signed Aneke he was barely injured so you can understand why we took the risk on a proven goalscorer at this level. I still think he will be useful this season with goals off the bench, but just don’t start him in any games as he will break down 
  • Sponsored links:

• What do you all think was behind the 3.5year deal? Low wages/Longer term?
  • edited August 2022
    mendonca said:
    What do you all think was behind the 3.5year deal? Low wages/Longer term?

Don't know about low wages but I suspect he wouldn't have come back to us for an 18 month contract - he had that left of his Birmingham contract so the best we could have possibly hoped for is a 2.5 year deal. We also have to factor in the fact that we paid money for the guy having had to let him go on a free.
  • edited August 2022
    AndyG said:
    Haha so predictable!
    For the athletics fans among you I have now put Chucks into the same file as Dean Macey !
    To explain to non fans this bloke used to say he was a decathalete and was on the lottery funding bandwagon. Every fucking olympics, commonwealth games, european championships or any other event the bloke happened to be injured and couldn't go 😂😂😂
    3.5 year contract my arse !
    Must have been a cracking athlete. To win a Commonwealth Games gold medal over 10 events is quite impressive. To do so whilst injured is a miracle. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I am starting to question whether he even has an issue. 

Hamstring, glute, quad, calf, beginning to think he's just stealing a living right now. 
    Just to add, I don't think he's faking, but it must all be in his head.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I am starting to question whether he even has an issue. 

Just to add, I don't think he's faking, but it must all be in his head.
    Having absolutely no medical expertise, but presumably the scans would say otherwise?
  • I think the wordsmith called Lee Bowyer would have outed him if that be the case. But he was probably the most sympathetic manager Aneke has had. 
  • He has a three year contract on decent money so we really have no option than to try to get him as right as he can be. Somebody seems to have made a wrong call last season. Not with the benefit of hindsight, but going back to the comments from fans at the time. And they didn't have access to all the medical informaton.
    We should have had a pretty good idea, he played for us previously and his injury record wasn’t great then either.
  • se9addick said:
    He has a three year contract on decent money so we really have no option than to try to get him as right as he can be. Somebody seems to have made a wrong call last season. Not with the benefit of hindsight, but going back to the comments from fans at the time. And they didn't have access to all the medical informaton.
    We should have had a pretty good idea, he played for us previously and his injury record wasn’t great then either.
    That ‘s the bit I don’t understand. I also note the subtle difference in attitude towards Chuks and his injuries from Curbs, Brownie and Scott compared with how they were with JFC. Curbs also recognises that Inniss is risky, but again he’s supportive presumably because he knows that Inniss contract takes account of that. 

I reckon Curbs still feels a bit sheepish about Gary Rowett, mind. Offered to resign over it, didn’t he?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!