Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    We’ve now had two different prime ministers and two different monarchs since Chuks was last fit enough to play! 
    Harsh but fair.
  • se9addick said:
    We’ve now had two different prime ministers and two different monarchs since Chuks was last fit enough to play! 
    I think we need one up from an LOL button for comments like these, like a 👏 sign for the quick wittedness.
  • se9addick said:
    That has really really tickled me…😂😂😭🤣🤣
  • Chuks will play about 8 games this season but he will score more than Stockley.
  • Chuks will play about 8 games this season but he will score more than Stockley.
    Aneke might. But even if that were the case, it wouldn't make Aneke better value would it as he would probably have managed the equivalent of one and a half games doing so. One and a half games with probably less assists than Stockley but also one and a half games with less contributions from defending at set pieces, for example, than Stockley would have over the course of the season.

In any event, I would like to think that Aneke would play more than 8 games. Otherwise, the decision to give him a three and a half year contract will make us look even more silly than it does already.
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

he actually hoped to play last weekend

ladies and gents CHUKS IS BACK
    That is good news but how does someone like Chuks actually get match fit? Has he actually had any game time at any level? Match fitness, after all, isn't just about the ability to play 90 minutes - it's also about the body being able to withstand the rigours of a competitive game and if he keeps pulling up lame in training and in cameo appearances, doesn't the issue become one vicious circle?
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

That’s excellent news.
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

That is good news but how does someone like Chuks actually get match fit? Has he actually had any game time at any level? Match fitness, after all, isn't just about the ability to play 90 minutes - it's also about the body being able to withstand the rigours of a competitive game and if he keeps pulling up lame in training and in cameo appearances, doesn't the issue become one vicious circle?
    As he will probably only used as a sub and not be expected to play more than 20 odd minutes per game I think match fitness means something different to  Aneke than everyone else. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

Good news. Hopefully he plays out next game and it brings to an end the nonsense on here of counting how many game he has missed this season.

Will be great if he can keep fit for the rest of the season if only for his 20-30 min cameos.
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

Good news. Hopefully he plays out next game and it brings to an end the nonsense on here of counting how many game he has missed this season.

Will be great if he can keep fit for the rest of the season if only for his 20-30 min cameos.
    Let’s not get carried away old boy!
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

Till the next injury 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chuks has done well to delay the 0/10 
    Stay classy.
    Stay jovial.
  • edited September 2022
    Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

Extra week to get injured in training 😆
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

But he didnt play last week or even made the bench. So either he is fit but the manager doesnt fancy playing him or he wasn't fit. My money is on the latter. Or you meant he was fit to play this weekend. 
  • I suppose it is good news that he is close to returning.
    However there are 3 things in life you can be 100% sure of.

Death
    Taxes
    And Chucks getting injured again in no time
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

ladies and gents CHUKS IS BACK for a week

• Great news if true . We have certainly missed him . Hopefully he is on the bench on Tuesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant news if true. 

This would take some of the pressure off Miles and mean that Stockley and Chucks can be rotated in a similar way that Bogle did a couple of years ago although Jayden is clearly a better player. Miles would be able to continue to develop with 30 minute cameos and Cup games.

There would also be the option of playing Jayden and Aneke together with Chuks adopting the number 10 role which is his natural position in my opinion. If it was not for his injuries he would be playing at a much higher level.

• With chucks you always worry that he will be fully fit, charged up for his next game and then pull his hamstring doing up his kitbag in a freak accident. 
  • Great news if he is fit, God knows we could do with him now. 
  • Finally we got the striker we wanted
  • Come on Chuks. Could make our season this guy. Current set up definitely isn’t working BUT Chuks on his day is sheer class & could change that.

Would be a big boost to see him in the squad on Tues.
  • edited September 2022
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

You used to promote mental health? Imagine if Mr Aneke was reading this and didn't find it jovial.
    Don't go digging me out for a joke, I was and am one of his biggest backers, but I refuse to believe my comments supportive or not would bother Chuks in any way.

I do see Chuks working in this formation better than either Leaburn or Stockley, but he has to either be played for cameos (which he has shown previously does work) or be risked to breakdown.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

You used to promote mental health? Imagine if Mr Aneke was reading this and didn't find it jovial.
    Don't go digging me out for a joke, I was and am one of his biggest backers, but I refuse to believe my comments supportive or not would bother Chuks in any way.

I do see Chuks working in this formation better than either Leaburn or Stockley, but he has to either be played for cameos (which he has shown previously does work) or be risked to breakdown.
    Most of his effective play in the empty stadium season came from long balls or crosses.  I think we’ve got to the straw clutching stage if you think he is genuinely going to improve us.  
    Where do you think most of Stockley's chances this season have come from?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!