Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Unless Chucks stays fit for the rest of the season, whatever he offers (as good as he is) for the chunk of games he does play, will not come close to what we miss when he is not available. 

If we get 30-35 ‘games’ out of him then I’ll be more than happy. At the moment I’ll be surprised if we get more than 20, and that’s just not good enough.
    Genuinely probably more likely to get 30-35 games out of him over the course of the three year contract than in any one season. 
  • Would be great if he’s ready to feature tomorrow, or, failing that on Saturday.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m amazed people don’t think Chuks will improve us. I get that his injuries are frustrating but he completely changes the way we play / attack when on the pitch. 

Just need to hope we can get him on the pitch more often over the next 8 months.
    A 100% fit & healthy Chuks is a championship player. 
    A top 6 L1 striker definitely.

Whether he's Championship level is debatable, based on his lack of impact when fit with us and Birmingham
  • The title of this thread will always be applicable I feel…
  • I’m gonna go for 8 league starts this season and 17 league appearances overall 
  • I've heard Sandgaard's desperate to get Chucks to earn his money and is strapping one of his special units to all the bits that hurt.

• Slightly off topic but Aneke was in the same Arsenal U9s as former Kent cricketer Adam Ball and another kid called Harry Kane. While the first two had some sort of professional sporting career, I've actually lost track of the third lad and I suppose that things didn't quite work out for him. Shame because he definitely had something about him (one especially for @JohnBoyUK).

Arsenal turned down Harry Kane as a youngster because he was chubby and  not very athletic

• Dazzler21 said:
    Really excited for Chuks to get going again. I have concerns, but he always adds something when he plays... Even if it's 10 minutes per game. 

If we get 30-35 ‘games’ out of him then I’ll be more than happy. At the moment I’ll be surprised if we get more than 20, and that’s just not good enough.
    Combining those two posts - what's the betting we end up getting 20 "games" out of him at 10 minutes per game?
    :-(
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m amazed people don’t think Chuks will improve us. I get that his injuries are frustrating but he completely changes the way we play / attack when on the pitch. 

Just need to hope we can get him on the pitch more often over the next 8 months.
    A 100% fit & healthy Chuks is a championship player. 
    Has he ever been 100% fit and healthy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Really excited for Chuks to get going again. I have concerns, but he always adds something when he plays... Even if it's 10 minutes per game. 

If we get 30-35 ‘games’ out of him then I’ll be more than happy. At the moment I’ll be surprised if we get more than 20, and that’s just not good enough.
    Combining those two posts - what's the betting we end up getting 20 "games" out of him at 10 minutes per game?
    :-(
    If he scores in all of those 10 minutes I'll be happy
  • I have a sense that when he does play he looks less mobile than he did. He is still powerful and at this level, that can be effective. Has anybody else noticed this?
  • I have a sense that when he does play he looks less mobile than he did. He is still powerful and at this level, that can be effective. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Always thought that he looked a bit of a lump but he actually moves better than his body looks if you see what I mean. Miles Leaburn, I think, is similar, much quicker than he looks.
    Thought he looked laboured in pre season for sure. But that could just because of his general fitness record, lack of match sharpness, and the fact it’s less intense in pre season. 

Hopefully he hits the ground running (as long as he does not turn his ankle) when he is back. 
  • Garner mentioned that Egbo is back in full training, but not Chuks, so I wouldn't get too upset if don't see him in the team sheet this week.
    Always thought that he looked a bit of a lump but he actually moves better than his body looks if you see what I mean. Miles Leaburn, I think, is similar, much quicker than he looks.
    As was Carl.
  • LenGlover said:
    I have a sense that when he does play he looks less mobile than he did. He is still powerful and at this level, that can be effective. Has anybody else noticed this?
    As was Carl.
    In the sense that he looked like he had the speed of a super tanker, but could actually achieve aircraft carrier speed with a fair wind, down hill!
  • So yeah.....about that. 
  • Not involved tonight. Not surprised 
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

he actually hoped to play last weekend

ladies and gents CHUKS IS BACK
    Another set back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably not wanting to risk someone who is working back from a significant injury on wet pitch as their first game back.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Probably not wanting to risk someone who is working back from a significant injury on wet pitch as their first game back.
    Back in May then
    Or just let him get some more time on the training pitch first where players aren't diving in on challenges looking to injure him.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Probably not wanting to risk someone who is working back from a significant injury on wet pitch as their first game back.
    Back in May then
    Or just let him get some more time on the training pitch first where players aren't diving in on challenges looking to injure him.
    Is it only Tuesday where opponents challenge him then? 
  • 0/11
    0/990
  • #SaveUsChuks
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Back in May then
    Is it only Tuesday where opponents challenge him then? 
    No. But he's only been back in full training a few days at best! 

Don't think I'd risk him on a wet pitch. Team mates won't dive in on a wet pitch in training.

Don't try to be so awkward.
    Swisdon said he was fit for last Saturday so he’s been back in full training longer you say or Swisdon is lying.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!