Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Roll on Tuesday - Chuksy is back woah woah. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

he actually hoped to play last weekend

ladies and gents CHUKS IS BACK
    But he didnt play last week or even made the bench. So either he is fit but the manager doesnt fancy playing him or he wasn't fit. My money is on the latter. Or you meant he was fit to play this weekend. 

Or he was hoping to be involved but wasn’t quite ready and missed out by a couple of days.
  • Roll on Tuesday - Chuksy is back woah woah. 
    When did we last sing the ‘woah woah’ song, and about whom was it sung? Way before my time I suspect. 
  • I’m amazed people don’t think Chuks will improve us. I get that his injuries are frustrating but he completely changes the way we play / attack when on the pitch. 

Just need to hope we can get him on the pitch more often over the next 8 months.
    To be fair, I would change the way we play / attack if you put me up front.

Difference is that I would (probably) turn up once in a while.
  • Will be pleased to see him back but have I missed the confirmation he is fit again? I thought he was still weeks away?
  • KettsJohn said:
    Will be pleased to see him back but have I missed the confirmation he is fit again? I thought he was still weeks away?
    Swisdom has said he's fit. He's in a position to know.
  • Chuks is the exact type of player who will thrive in our set up. Can hold the ball up, run with the ball, take his chances, good with his feet and in the air. Obviously a HUGE ‘if’, but if he can stay fit for at least half of the remainder of the season it could be the difference for us.
    Round and round we go
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Chuks is the exact type of player who will thrive in our set up. Can hold the ball up, run with the ball, take his chances, good with his feet and in the air. Obviously a HUGE ‘if’, but if he can stay fit for at least half of the remainder of the season it could be the difference for us.
    Round and round we go
    See you back here same time next month?
  • Disappointed not to hear from Addick1936 on this matter*

* not really 

* not really 

Is he related to Addick1956 then?

* not really 

Is he related to Addick1956 then?
    His Dad 😉
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m amazed people don’t think Chuks will improve us. I get that his injuries are frustrating but he completely changes the way we play / attack when on the pitch. 

Just need to hope we can get him on the pitch more often over the next 8 months.
    A 100% fit & healthy Chuks is a championship player. 
    Yes, but he'd have to change his name from Aneke to Figment.
  • Whose place will he take on the bench 
  • Swisdom said:
    Chuks is fit now

he actually hoped to play last weekend

ladies and gents CHUKS IS BACK
    That means his next injury is just that little bit closer.
  • fit for Tuesday, likely unfit for next Saturday.
  • My prediction is there will be a lot more 0/?? before we see him.
  • edited September 2022
    Would expect to see Chuks in the full training pictures, but couldn't spot him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would love to see Chuks get 10 to 15 goals this season.
    However he’s been out injured so much of the last 12 months I’ve doubts he’ll be fit enough to score many at all.

Hope I’m wrong of course, often am.
  • So in summary:

Our injury-prone part time striker may have recovered from his latest injury but will probably get injured again. 
  • Really excited for Chuks to get going again. I have concerns, but he always adds something when he plays... Even if it's 10 minutes per game. 
  • Bloody hell, the desperation ! All of us, including me, want this fella to put his fitness issues behind him but with the lack of forward power due to the transfer policy or lack of it, we now all hang our hopes on a player who will break down after two games. 
  • Unless Chucks stays fit for the rest of the season, whatever he offers (as good as he is) for the chunk of games he does play, will not come close to what we miss when he is not available. 

If we get 30-35 ‘games’ out of him then I’ll be more than happy. At the moment I’ll be surprised if we get more than 20, and that’s just not good enough.
  • edited September 2022
    Bailey said:
    Bloody hell, the desperation ! All of us, including me, want this fella to put his fitness issues behind him but with the lack of forward power due to the transfer policy or lack of it, we now all hang our hopes on a player who will break down after two games. 
    It's not desperation. It's just a hope and wish for the man to do well. 

We've seen how good he can be, we just want to see it again. And there's no harm in hoping when there's nothing else coming til January at the earliest. 

If he doesn't do it or gets injured again, we continue as we were. 
  • Even when Chuks scores I'm somewhat surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to become a top player / scorer, and with our other striker options that shouldn't be much of a task, but he has never convinced me.

Sadly our lack of quality up front has dwindled over the years, thus a player that can get into double figures for consecutive  appearances, let alone goals, seems like a star player. 

I genuinely believe that he has so much potential but also has so much to prove.

Question. Would any club BUY him if TS wanted to cut his losses, at least on wages alone?
  • Even when Chuks scores I'm somewhat surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to become a top player / scorer, and with our other striker options that shouldn't be much of a task, but he has never convinced me.

Sadly our lack of quality up front has dwindled over the years, thus a player that can get into double figures for consecutive  appearances, let alone goals, seems like a star player. 

I genuinely believe that he has so much potential but also has so much to prove.

Question. Would any club BUY him if TS wanted to cut his losses, at least on wages alone?
    Highly unlikely on the money he is probably on with us. There isn't much demand for a player who, when fit, is a super sub but is a financial liability when not. And any contract offered to him based on appearances would, rightly, be turned down by him as he already has one that isn't dependent on that. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!