Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Off_it said:
    0/6
    A different part of the same calf muscle.  Weeks, not months according to Garner.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re 12 games in and he’s not back 
  • Scoham said:
    As unsurprising as it is dispiriting.
    Has anybody put his/their hand up to admit who sanctioned Chuks's return?  Setting fire to £50 notes would generate a greater return on investment.
  • I’m sorry. He’s a total waste of resources now.
  • edited August 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-striker-injury-update-as-boss-hopeful-midfielder-can-make-speedy-return/

"We’ll probably be a touch more gradual with it but we shouldn’t be looking at months. We’ll certainly be looking at weeks."
    I don't disagree with you, but even if he misses the next month he'll still have another 30 something games to (potentially) play! 
  • Agree  it's very frustrating. We can't afford another striker at present. I can se exactly why we brought him back. A fit Chuks is good at this level. The three year deal is the bit that makes think the gamble was a bit reckless. Hope he comes back fit and proved us all wrong. I am sure he is disappointed with the new injury 
  • Ok I'm not a medical professional, but am starting to think it's as much mental as physical. 
    I don't disagree with you, but even if he misses the next month he'll still have another 30 something games to (potentially) play! 
    Yep. Jam tomorrow 
  • Sponsored links:

I'm sure you don't really think that if he comes back with 30 games to go he will play more than a couple before he goes down with something else.
  • Surely with this latest news an additional striker has to be a higher priority than a CB? We have 3 centre backs with I assume the option to recall Elewere. Plus I do think Clare could slot in there if necessary once Egbo is back or alternatively play Sessegnon at RB when fit if Clare had to play CB. Feels to me like we have slightly more options at the back than up front.
    I'm sure you don't really think that if he comes back with 30 games to go he will play more than a couple before he goes down with something else.
    I just mean deeming him a 'total waste of resources' seems a bit dramatic when there's still a full season to go. I don't think we should've resigned him btw, but we did, and there's still plenty of time left for him to make an impact this season. 
  • be lucky if he plays ten games this season but not to worry because he'll score 15 goals during that time.

No budget now for another striker yet we manage to pay 300k for A&eke and give him a three and a half year contract. Whoever sanctioned that needs to give their head a wobble.
  • I like Chuks as a player but given how little he plays we can't rely on him. No idea why we signed him?
  • Surely with this latest news an additional striker has to be a higher priority than a CB? We have 3 centre backs with I assume the option to recall Elewere. Plus I do think Clare could slot in there if necessary once Egbo is back or alternatively play Sessegnon at RB when fit if Clare had to play CB. Feels to me like we have slightly more options at the back than up front.
    Dobson too has played CB I believe at times.
  • edited August 2022
    Surely with this latest news an additional striker has to be a higher priority than a CB? We have 3 centre backs with I assume the option to recall Elewere. Plus I do think Clare could slot in there if necessary once Egbo is back or alternatively play Sessegnon at RB when fit if Clare had to play CB. Feels to me like we have slightly more options at the back than up front.
    Dobson too has played CB I believe at times.
    Dobbo was a CB in his youth with Arsenal and was converted to a holding/defensive midfielder by West Ham.
  • Worrying to get 2 separate calf injuries so soon after each other.

It's not as if there's one bit of Chuks which is vulnerable, e.g. Harry Kane's ankles or Danny Haynes' hamstrings, as Chuks seems to get injuries everywhere
  • edited August 2022
    If he were a car he would have been written off by now.
    At least you’d get any unused car tax refunded and no insurance to fork out on in future. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• The predictability of it all is the saddest thing. 
  • If he were a car he would have been written off by now.
    Sadly I’ve written him off.
  • If he were a car he would have been written off by now.
    And scrappage money from the Breakers
    I just mean deeming him a 'total waste of resources' seems a bit dramatic when there's still a full season to go. I don't think we should've resigned him btw, but we did, and there's still plenty of time left for him to make an impact this season. 
    There was a full season to go before the Accrington game. Now more than 10% of the league games have gone already and there's still absolutely no sign of him. 
  • Always sad when a pro is injured, and I wish the lad well.  Don’t think we will see him this side of Christmas 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I will start by saying I don't know and am speculating but Chuks is very muscular, almost veering towards body building. Of course strength is a big asset but could this also be part of the problem. The calf is a muscle of course.
    He's muscular for a footballer, but nothing close to a body builder. 
    Jurgen Klopp told Joe Gomez to lose some muscle.

"He had a lot of muscle and you only need muscles like that if you're only going to the beach or whatever."

The muscle comment is relevant.  When was the last time you saw Messi bullied off the ball.  The problem with his muscle is that it adds extra strain on joints and tendons.  If you have a history of injuries and that sort of physique it can be a poor combination. 
  • Chuks is built like a light heavyweight boxer not a footballer.
  • Aneke finally has his long-term contract he's always wanted. 

Suddenly he's out with a multitude of different muscle injuries. What a shock. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!