Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

•  Broken clocks and all that, hat trick from the bench on Tuesday night.
    What about an LED one, showing nothing on the display?
  • @Sage says he’s 100% on the bench on Tuesday. Not sure though if he means Aneke or himself.
    100% as in laying down on it ? No legs dangling off sitting down ? In all seriousness, I hope for his and our sakes he comes back and stays back - innis is proving it can be done atm so fingers crossed for chucks 🤞
  • If we are pinning our revival/survival hopes on this player, it just goes to show the shit we are in. 

Laughable
    Agree.  We do it every time.  Aneke is okay, nothing more.  Even if he was regularly fit, I think we'd possibly be 12th instead of 18th.  I think I'm going to have to give up commenting on football soon on the basis that I see a landscape of mediocrity in front of me, of which Aneke is slightly less mediocre than the rest of them, whereas a lot of other people see this magical potential.  
  • cabbles said:
    If we are pinning our revival/survival hopes on this player, it just goes to show the shit we are in. 

Laughable
    Agree.  We do it every time.  Aneke is okay, nothing more.  Even if he was regularly fit, I think we'd possibly be 12th instead of 18th.  I think I'm going to have to give up commenting on football soon on the basis that I see a landscape of mediocrity in front of me, of which Aneke is slightly less mediocre than the rest of them, whereas a lot of other people see this magical potential.  
    We have drawn 7 games. If Aneke had been fit and converted 3 of them into wins (based on his previous record that’s quite possible) we’d be 8th and 1 point off the play offs. Our only hope this season is him staying fit. We need to turn draws into wins and he does that, so I think it’s fair that people think he can be the difference. It’s still very unlikely as he will probably not stay fit, but he is still probably our only chance of still having a half decent season 
  • NabySarr said:
    cabbles said:
    If we are pinning our revival/survival hopes on this player, it just goes to show the shit we are in. 

Laughable
    We have drawn 7 games. If Aneke had been fit and converted 3 of them into wins (based on his previous record that’s quite possible) we’d be 8th and 1 point off the play offs. Our only hope this season is him staying fit. We need to turn draws into wins and he does that, so I think it’s fair that people think he can be the difference. It’s still very unlikely as he will probably not stay fit, but he is still probably our only chance of still having a half decent season 
    And therein is the fatal impairment to our only hope.
    You might as well to hope to win the lottery and the euro millions.  Roughly 200 million to one against would be fair odds that A&Eke is fit for the bench for 5 games on the bounce.  Start him in any match and that's him gone again for months.
    The extent of his physical frailty is taken as read, the fragility of his spirit is seemingly forgotten.  Any time he started last season and things didn't got his way early on, he soon checks out, the vibrancy and directness evaporates in a heartbeat, not to be rekindled. 
    I hope I'm proved wrong of course.  A Crocks A&Eke inspired run to 8th place in May would cheer me no end.
    More chance I'll come on in the 86th minute of our game against Port Vale in May and nick the 5th in a rout.
    For the record I buy lottery tickets, not every week obviously, I'm a dreamer not a moron.
  • Macronate said:
    Firmly believe that if we can get Chuks back fully fit and firing, we can finish 17th.
    Chuks is Obi Wan Kenobi - he really is our only hope 
  • Every time I see this thread I can't help think Chuks Aneke returns ..........what his effing library book ?? Bet that was late cos he tripped over getting there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy_Mix said:
    NabySarr said:
    cabbles said:

Laughable
    You might as well to hope to win the lottery and the euro millions.  Roughly 200 million to one against would be fair odds that A&Eke is fit for the bench for 5 games on the bounce.  Start him in any match and that's him gone again for months.
    The extent of his physical frailty is taken as read, the fragility of his spirit is seemingly forgotten.  Any time he started last season and things didn't got his way early on, he soon checks out, the vibrancy and directness evaporates in a heartbeat, not to be rekindled. 
    I hope I'm proved wrong of course.  A Crocks A&Eke inspired run to 8th place in May would cheer me no end.
    More chance I'll come on in the 86th minute of our game against Port Vale in May and nick the 5th in a rout.
    For the record I buy lottery tickets, not every week obviously, I'm a dreamer not a moron.
    He played a part in 38 games in 2020/21 and then a further 18 for Birmingham in the first half of the 2021/22 season. So he has previously stayed fit for 18 months which is why we signed him back. I agree it’s unlikely but it’s not that crazy to imagine that if we manage his minutes and don’t start him too often (and never consecutively) then he can play a decent amount of games between now and May. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up our top scorer this season 
  • The nonsense of all this of course is that he got injured because Ben Garner in his wisdom tried to play him from the start in a high press pre season game (v Welling I think?).
    Talk about repeating the mistakes of the past.  Where was our medical team telling him he was mental to try it.
  • NabySarr said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    NabySarr said:
    cabbles said:

Laughable
    He played a part in 38 games in 2020/21 and then a further 18 for Birmingham in the first half of the 2021/22 season. So he has previously stayed fit for 18 months which is why we signed him back. I agree it’s unlikely but it’s not that crazy to imagine that if we manage his minutes and don’t start him too often (and never consecutively) then he can play a decent amount of games between now and May. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up our top scorer this season 
    "Played a part"?

Hilarious!

• The nonsense of all this of course is that he got injured because Ben Garner in his wisdom tried to play him from the start in a high press pre season game (v Welling I think?).
    Talk about repeating the mistakes of the past.  Where was our medical team telling him he was mental to try it.
    I’m sorry, but I can’t really see it as the medical teams fault that a player can’t make it though a set of pre season fixtures (where his minutes were managed more than any other player) without then missing 16 games. 

Chuks played:

45 minutes 
    30 minutes 
    55 minutes 
    15 minutes 
    65 minutes (injured)

What do you suggest the medical/coaching team do instead. Just play him for 20 minutes each pre season game after a summer break? Do you think that helps him, never mind the team and other players who are working up to match fitness as as well on the way their new manager wants them to play?

• If we are pinning our revival/survival hopes on this player, it just goes to show the shit we are in. 

Laughable
    Well unfortunately we only have one other striker (Stockley) and a promising youngster (Leaburn) so blame that on the recruitment team/owner who thought that was enough to mount anything other than an attempt to finish above the relegation zone this year.
  • edited October 2022
    The nonsense of all this of course is that he got injured because Ben Garner in his wisdom tried to play him from the start in a high press pre season game (v Welling I think?).
    To be fair, you're right.

If he never played a game, or trained, then he wouldn't get injured playing/training. It's a revolutionary concept that could radically change professional sport as we've known it.
  • "All being well today..."

I'll just leave that there
  • Macronate said:
    Firmly believe that if we can get Chuks back fully fit and firing, we can finish 17th.
    17th you say…
    hmmmmmm it’s very tempting.
  • clive said:
    so the players we have are shit, we need better! well said Garner!
  • Sponsored links:

• On the bench tonight
  • Scoham said:
    On the bench tonight
    Hopefully we will be 3 - 0 up and not chasing the game so can let him feel his way back in. 

For as much as I think buying Aneke back was a silly idea, on his day he is our most exciting player to watch.
  • Scoham said:
    On the bench tonight
    Glory days!
  • It's happening!!!
  • Off_it said:
    It's happening!!!
    It's not happening!!!
  • Go getting a fucking goal now Chuks.
  • Chuks out jumped Inniss not that they should really be competing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!