Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    There are no words.
    🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:
    Chuks Aneke has picked up a fresh calf problem in the close-season, Dean Holden tells @BBCLondonSport #cafc

Ridiculous, given the amount of time he’s had to recover 

Time to retire 
    I doubt the insurer would pay out for a calf strain! That's the problem, little knock after pulled muscle after little knock etc. it's frustrating but it's not a valid reason to retire and get a payout on the insurance. 

I love chucks and get wound up reading comments on here, not because i disagree, but because they are true. Unfortunately we have another two years of this.

• Options
    We won’t see him this season. His calf injury will prevent him having a proper pre season and when and if he gets back he’ll get injured again quickly. The poor bloke really needed a good run at pre season but his body just fails him time after time. I’m betting we’ll be having this conversation again next year. 
  • Options
    Why the hell did we resign him? I wonder who's decision it was? JJs? 
  • Options
    It sounds like a disaster already for this season. Not going to get a proper pre-season training so when able to return training he will be playing catch up with limited match minutes. Don’t think Aneke played any minutes until 13th game of last season. Wouldn’t be having money on the under’s when we will see him again. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Addick_8 said:
    It’s sad that many posters are ridiculing Chucks. I’m sure that chucks is just as frustrated and  even more so for him than us. Please show some compassion rather than laughing about someone else’s misfortune. 
    I hope he doesn't visit this site ( some players do ) and see some of the comments in this thread.
    I find it fascinating that some of you forget that he is human. As frustrating as it is for us, it's tenfold for him.
    I doubt it £10k a week, holidays a plenty and as we all can see at the valley, he doesn't even warm up properly.

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

I always remember John Gregory finding it hard to understand why Stan Collymore could be depressed when he was earning £20k a week.

That was probably 20 years ago.

You don’t know anything about Chuks so be careful with comments like that.
    It is true he has a lot of time off work to be with his family and friends. Wish I could get away with it. It is also true that he does not warm up correctly. 
    You don’t get it do you?

As for the comment about not warming up properly, unless you see what the coaching staff want from him how do you know?
    I think I do.
    He is not earning the money the club pay him. Football industry has no resemblance to real life. 
    I am certain there are no coaching staff at Charlton who are happy with his contribution. 

I am certain that Chuks himself is not happy with his contribution and that if he could do anything to change it he would.

Sounds to me he’s worked so hard to get himself back in good shape in the off season that he’s overdone it and injured his calf. Maybe the club ought to have got him someone who could train with him to prevent these issues.

Football industry might be out of touch with real life for many things, mainly at the top of the game, but it’s real life to him and for the club.

I feel sorry for him more than anything else.

I'll second that final line.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    It sounds like a disaster already for this season. Not going to get a proper pre-season training so when able to return training he will be playing catch up with limited match minutes. Don’t think Aneke played any minutes until 13th game of last season. Wouldn’t be having money on the under’s when we will see him again. 
    And that was after getting injured in his 1st pre-season game.

"Its just a little piece of history repeating..."
  • Options
    Except they converted it to run on artificial stupidity as it was cheaper.
  • Options
    Just put yourself in the position of owning the club and it's your money going out every month on someone who never plays,how would you be feeling.I expect back in the day many of you used to play Saturday and Sunday regularly and only training once or twice a week and never injured. Best if he retired, I'm sure no other club would take him on.
  • Options
    Why the hell did we resign him? I wonder who's decision it was? JJs? 
    Even though we knew he was fragile, his injuries have reached a whole new level since returning.

In 20-21 he appeared in 41 games. We knew he couldn't really start many but he was still available.
    In the first half of 21-22 he appeared in 21 games for Birmingham. Not sure how many he started but he was clearly fit to play some part.

Since his return........28 appearances in 18 months.
  • Options
    So pedictable.  In CAFC land where the predictable is only a predictable moment away!

• Options
    Will we see him before.....

1) the transfer window slams shut (1/9)

Or

2) the Ryder Cup starts (30/9)

Or

3) the clocks go back  (29/10)
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:
    Chuks Aneke has picked up a fresh calf problem in the close-season, Dean Holden tells @BBCLondonSport #cafc

Time to retire 
    Yeah, after another difficult setback he should just give up and retire aged 30. Do you think he's got loads of other career prospects lined up?
    It’s endless.  I feel for him, but we’re into ever decreasing circles now.  It’s getting to the point where he struggles to get fit, even to do his cameo role 
    That Stockport cup tie in Jan was embarrassing, looked like he was running on treacle.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:

Time to retire 
    Yeah, after another difficult setback he should just give up and retire aged 30. Do you think he's got loads of other career prospects lined up?
    Shouldn't take him long to become a qualified physio with all his experience. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:

Time to retire 
    It’s endless.  I feel for him, but we’re into ever decreasing circles now.  It’s getting to the point where he struggles to get fit, even to do his cameo role 
    That Stockport cup tie in Jan was embarrassing, looked like he was running on treacle.
    It was extremely hard to watch.  He had some good performances when coming on as sub last season, but there were less good ones than there were average and bad (imo).  

With another run of injuries, I expect his impact to weaken.  A lot of people are very supportive of him and fair play.  I just view it more practically and don’t see a role for him anymore 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Ferryman said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:

Time to retire 
    It was extremely hard to watch.  He had some good performances when coming on as sub last season, but there were less good ones than there were average and bad (imo).  

With another run of injuries, I expect his impact to weaken.  A lot of people are very supportive of him and fair play.  I just view it more practically and don’t see a role for him anymore 
    Pretty much everytime he came on as a sub last season  the team played better than they were playing before he came on (sometimes that was a very low bar to improve on). He can still have a positive impact if he can get fit which is obviously the problem 
  • Options
    Will we see him before.....

1) the transfer window slams shut (1/9)

Or

2) the Ryder Cup starts (30/9)

Or

3) the clocks go back  (29/10)
    4) 3 months before his contract runs out when he will managed 8 consecutive matches (playing the full 90 mins) and score 12 goals 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    cabbles said:
    Ferryman said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:

Time to retire 

That’s  how I see it as well. A shame as when fit he is a good player. We just can’t persist with him any longer. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Chuks injury Record at Charlton

Chuks Injury record before Charlton:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Ferryman said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:

Time to retire 

Sadly I agree. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

And when he's not out injured he's trying to recover from injury and get back up to speed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That list is not even including this latest spell out which started on February 25th and appears to be still ongoing
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Ferryman said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:

Time to retire 

I posted this elsewhere, Anekes stats from last season. If of interest to, well anyone bored.

Data from internetz

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That list is not even including this latest spell out which started on February 25th and appears to be still ongoing
    2 different injuries. This week's is a fresh calf injury.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!