Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Cheltenham v Charlton 3pm Saturday 15th January

Comments

• Options
    Genuinely baffled as to how a team can win almost every game, the manager gets the job permanently and then they lose every game.
    To be honest, thought the players absolutely run themselves into the ground, I think there was inklings of poorer performances (that will happen) during that stint away from home. 

Problem is now that intensity has vanished (and it was always likely to) we are not running as far or as hard, and tactically we look like we have no clue.
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    This has got Charlton to win 4-1 written all over it.

I'll have some of what you're having.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Paul Plumbly clearly using CAFCInternet
    At first I thought he was in prison 
  • Options
    Good to see Chuks didn’t have to get Charltonised again. He still had if from last time. Steps straight back in and joins in the SHIT shower….. 
    Aneke hasn't looked interested . 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Chuks and Burstow have never played together.  What did JJ expect?  One is a teenager.  They don't gel overnight- literally!

Why play DJ on the left.

Go 4-4-2

Change things as the squad can't make wing backs work at the moment.

Henderson really is a bit "fat" for a professional footballer. 

So with who we have available who would you play up front?

The strikers aren’t getting the ball, what chance do they have? The midfield isn’t good enough.
  • Options
    Let’s get Jermaine Defoe signed up. I’m sure we’ll get at least one shot on target. He’s nearly 40 and will be more effective than what we currently have.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    All those that were convinced Adkins told them to play hoof ball, do you think Jackson is doing the same. 

Or do you now believe that the players are just doing it? 
    Say it all the time... Its trendy now for the Manager to get 100% of the blame for what goes wrong at clubs now - Players on the other hand get off scot free, the situation at Man Utd is even worse.

They didnt even have a new Manager bounce like what we had under Jackson.
  • Options
    We can’t keep changing managers, when the constant that is letting us down is wether or not the players are happy or not. If certain players don’t want to know, get rid and then get players that want to help JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cross bar challenge winner's wifi is perfoming better than our first team...  
    did they show his successful effort … 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Could have spent some of that 8k on a roll of woodchip
  • Options
    New 5 year plan - To put together a team that has the remotest chance of even getting out of League 1, and staying in the Championship for longer than 5 minutes. 

This lot ain't got the minerals for it.  They might have a blinding 2nd half and win 1-3, but it'll be another struggle next week and so on..... 👎
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Who has seen Morgan so far this season and decided he's worth chucking into another game? 

He's a busted flush and should be out on loan already, not still starting for us. 

Those kind of decisions are 100% down to Jackson. 
  • Options
    I think it was the intensity more than the formation that got us the purple patch in form. We've never had the players to fit the formation.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    We can’t keep changing managers, when the constant that is letting us down is wether or not the players are happy or not. If certain players don’t want to know, get rid and then get players that want to help JJ.
    Relegation looks possible right now. If we finish anywhere near that I’d seriously question the manager.
  • Options
    No comment to make....its all just beyond me! What on earth has happened - fuck knows!
  • Options
    I am sure that there are players being rested for whatever reason but the three players on the bench Pearce, Purrington, Gilbey have been excellent since Jacko took over, their replacements are certainly not keeping them out so far.
  • Options
    Midfield is non existent. We're nowhere near the second ball, and there's huge gaps whenever they come forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    IdleHans said:
    Could have spent some of that 8k on a roll of woodchip
    And a new jumper.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Who has seen Morgan so far this season and decided he's worth chucking into another game? 

He's a busted flush and should be out on loan already, not still starting for us. 

Once again not the issue today. The defence have been awful. The keepers distribution poor and defence can't even pass to one another let alone to the midfield. 

Lee keeps turning inside multiple times before seeing a pass. Same for Jaiyesimi. 

Dobson has been okay. 

The rest haven't really seen enough of the ball to be hyper critical of. 
  • Options
    Aneke does not look interested at all
  • Options
    Awful. 
  • Options
    CBT on for DJ it looks like
  • Options

Morgan hasn't been the problem this afternoon.

As I've said already on this thread - I'm all for blaming him when he fucks up.

But he's one of our better players out there this afternoon

What does that say about the rest?
  • Options
    Steve Jones looking at Brownie thinking 'Where are all those words coming from?'
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Some of our squad are too old. Some.of our squad are too young. Some of our squad are too injury prone.  Some of our squad are bottlers.  Some of our squad just are not up to it.

The recruitment has to come under scrutiny. Gallens recent record is appalling and to fix it we bought in an American kid whose career background has been from a medical company.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    CBT on for DJ it looks like
    Anonymous for Anonymous 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    All those that were convinced Adkins told them to play hoof ball, do you think Jackson is doing the same. 

Or do you now believe that the players are just doing it? 
    Say it all the time... Its trendy now for the Manager to get 100% of the blame for what goes wrong at clubs now - Players on the other hand get off scot free, the situation at Man Utd is even worse.

They didnt even have a new Manager bounce like what we had under Jackson.
    The worst thing this time is the players that are the biggest culprits and the "locker room" leaders are Jackson's "mates"........
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!