Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Homophobic abuse at today's game (ed - Not Charlton fans)

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I think Charlton club stewards even at away games with the cooperation of the home club should be visible and filming the crowd. Those identified and without doubt involved in this obnoxious behaviour should be named, shamed and banned. Pictures of the individuals printed in the match day programme and on a wall of shame at The Valley. It’s no good wringing hands and saying it’s a societal problem, which of course it is but over and above that it’s a Charlton problem and we need to get on top of it. If we want to attract families and grow our support then these characters represent a barrier to that. We need to make The Valley and our away end a hostile environment for these morons. We can’t expect the fans alone to confront them. That would be foolhardy. The club must take a proactive lead.
    We have no club stewards, we use agency staff.  They are no very good and often only want to fight issues with supporters that the club management see as important

Are you aware that some if those who went to prison for the Stephen Lawrence abuse after the Fulham cup game in 2012 now attend the Valley as their banning orders are now up?  Would you retrospectively ban them and put them up on the wall of shame?

As a club we are trying to get out this message at home games but do it through a PA system you cannot hear in the North Upper  
    If the club has no stewards, perhaps they should recruit a couple to fulfill the role I’ve suggested ? 

Those who went to prison and served their ban have done their time and received their punishment. From a personal perspective I wouldn’t seek out their company but they now have the right to attend. It’s all about nipping this current crop of idiots in the bud. 
    So they would not make the name and shame wall? Far too inconsistent for my liking
    If it was my choice they would along with the current crop of morons receive life bans. They didn’t and on that basis have served their punishment. Should the club decide to revisit their banning orders and make it for life I wouldn’t mind in the slightest. I’m not defending any of them. Absolute scum.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Croydon said:
    I won’t go to as many away games as I used to  because of the morons that follow us . They are mainly young but not always . I’ve sat with my son a couple of times only to have to put up with them openly taking coke and being abusive whenever they get the chance . I know it’s sad but thank god for Charlton TV . 
    They are mainly young mate i agree. But a couple of years ago at Reading, i had a guy and his teenage daughter stand up to watch the game when they could adequately see it siting down. Despite others and myself politely requesting them to sit down they refused. I had to watch the game on the concourse otherwise it would have been a waste of time.

The usual no brainers here ridiculed it when i spoke about it afterwards, that is the level of support that we carry.
    You can't seriously be comparing what's being discussed on this thread to people standing at an away match?
    It basically comes down to a lack of respect. Those standing when asked to sit are pathetic and yes it’s all part of the problem. A comparison isn’t of course direct but it’s certainly legitimate.
    Well said mate, the last line of my post comes to mind.
  • Options
    UPDATE

Confirmed to Mick Everett, the Charlton Head of Match Day Operations by Cheltenham police that the three arrested for homophobic abuse were Cheltenham fans not Charlton fans.

There were 3 ejections of Charlton fans , 2 for alcohol related and 1 for failing to comply.

That is really good news. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I think Charlton club stewards even at away games with the cooperation of the home club should be visible and filming the crowd. Those identified and without doubt involved in this obnoxious behaviour should be named, shamed and banned. Pictures of the individuals printed in the match day programme and on a wall of shame at The Valley. It’s no good wringing hands and saying it’s a societal problem, which of course it is but over and above that it’s a Charlton problem and we need to get on top of it. If we want to attract families and grow our support then these characters represent a barrier to that. We need to make The Valley and our away end a hostile environment for these morons. We can’t expect the fans alone to confront them. That would be foolhardy. The club must take a proactive lead.
    We have no club stewards, we use agency staff.  They are no very good and often only want to fight issues with supporters that the club management see as important

Are you aware that some if those who went to prison for the Stephen Lawrence abuse after the Fulham cup game in 2012 now attend the Valley as their banning orders are now up?  Would you retrospectively ban them and put them up on the wall of shame?

As a club we are trying to get out this message at home games but do it through a PA system you cannot hear in the North Upper  
    If the club has no stewards, perhaps they should recruit a couple to fulfill the role I’ve suggested ? 

Those who went to prison and served their ban have done their time and received their punishment. From a personal perspective I wouldn’t seek out their company but they now have the right to attend. It’s all about nipping this current crop of idiots in the bud. 
    So they would not make the name and shame wall? Far too inconsistent for my liking
    If it was my choice they would along with the current crop of morons receive life bans. They didn’t and on that basis have served their punishment. Should the club decide to revisit their banning orders and make it for life I wouldn’t mind in the slightest. I’m not defending any of them. Absolute scum.
    The banning orders were given out by the courts. The club can decide who they let in
  • Options
    UPDATE

Confirmed to Mick Everett, the Charlton Head of Match Day Operations by Cheltenham police that the three arrested for homophobic abuse were Cheltenham fans not Charlton fans.

There were 3 ejections of Charlton fans , 2 for alcohol related and 1 for failing to comply.

Read the statement and it certainly reads as though the homophobic abuse was from the Cheltenham end. Hence why they mention the set up of their own LGBTQ group. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

The banning orders were given out by the courts. The club can decide who they let in
    Fair enough. Like I said I wouldn’t be disappointed if the club gave them life bans.
  • Options
    Not good. No need for that kind of crap. As for the pitch invasion...oh dear. Couldn't believe it when that happened. We'd just equalised at mighty Cheltenham Town - imagine if we'd won? Sad times.
    It's sadly becoming quite common now

Also, did someone throw a bottle at the Cheltenham goalscorer as he celebrated?
    Yes.
    That prick needs publicly shaming and banning along with the homophobe scum
    No exceptions, no excuses, these cancers need cutting out, anything else leaves room for these hate carcasses to spread their poison.
  • Options
    A relief that the homophobic abuse didn't involve our fans, though surprised only 3 were arrested, and nobody for throwing the bottle at the goalscorer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did the bottle thrower hit his target? If so maybe we should stick him up front.

*Joke*.
  • Options
    UPDATE

No, it's really not.

How is homophobic abuse good news?
    Jesus Christ…
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    UPDATE

No, it's really not.

Jesus Christ…
    Well, I don’t think Henners has ever turned water into wine 🤔
  • Options
    Did the bottle thrower hit his target? If so maybe we should stick him up front.

*Joke*.
    Nah, think he missed him (thankfully)

https://twitter.com/ctfcofficial/status/1482669207061995523?s=21
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    JaShea99 said:
    UPDATE

No, it's really not.

Jesus Christ…
    Well, I don’t think Henners has ever turned water into wine 🤔
    I've turned wine in water lots of times though.

PS Jesus was a crossmaker
  • Options
    se9addick said:

*Joke*.

From my view in the stand it hit him straight in the chest 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:

*Joke*.

From my view in the stand it hit him straight in the chest 
    Ah really, that’s not good