Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football arrests 'highest in years' & disorder on the rise - police

Comments

• Options
    rananegra said:
    Long piece in The Athletic on this:

https://theathletic.com/3120032/2022/02/11/rise-football-crowd-trouble/

Includes some pushback on the Chief Constable who's head of Football-related stuff from others involved and a lot of interviews with people at Stoke City. 

Behind a payroll so pointless posting
    Wasn't pointless for me, thanks @rananegra
  • Options
    Merseyside Police say the use of pepper spray towards Leeds fans at Everton on Saturday was "proportionate and necessary" during an incident where a man was arrested for assaulting an officer.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60380518
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Merseyside Police say the use of pepper spray towards Leeds fans at Everton on Saturday was "proportionate and necessary" during an incident where a man was arrested for assaulting an officer.
    I think the 1st recorded use of pepper spray inside a ground was againt our fans at the Shrewsbury playoff semi? Happy to be corrected. Way over the top.
    Why were the police using pepper spray?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    I think the 1st recorded use of pepper spray inside a ground was againt our fans at the Shrewsbury playoff semi? Happy to be corrected. Way over the top.
    There was a Charlton fan around 7'1 and 25 stone leading a charge.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Not 4'¹10 and 18 stone?
  • Options
    Grimsby, yes Grimsby fans were reportedly the first in the country to be forced to run a gauntlet of drug sniffer dogs as they got off the train after their recent game at Notts County .. 'several arrests were made for the possession of Class 1 drugs' .. this was reported in THE 'Times' but I haven't seen any mention on the Grimsby Telegraph' website ..
    like many small cities/large towns in quite remote, poorer areas, drugs are a problem amongst the young .. this report covers all the Humberside area, Grimsby, Hull and the near by seaside resort of Hornsea and Bridlington ..

QUOTE  'Humberside Police say they are punching above their weight after taking more than 10kg of cocaine, thousands of ecstasy tablets and five tonnes of cannabis off the streets in just one year.

The new Road Crime Team and targeted raids have helped to catch dealers across the area.

1,773 seizures of illegal drugs were carried out by Humberside Police between April 2020 and March 2021, new Home Office figures show. UNQUOTE

• Options
    Going on in non league football as well, with Wealdstone fans causing major damage to the seating and the toilets (and racial abuse of 2 stewards)

https://www.barnetfc.com/barnet-fc-vs-wealdstone-fc-away-support

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going on in non league football as well, with Wealdstone fans causing major damage to the seating and the toilets (and racial abuse of 2 stewards)

The link I posted a few back, has a video of a ru k at Dartford last week 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Shrewsbury scored, they got on the pitch, some charlton got on the pitch, there was a surge towards the corner by charlton and the spray was used to stop fans getting at each. I wasn't there, but saw the videos on twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Does he command his 18 yard box. Need a keeper of his size who does that
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I don't like to praise Millwall generally but fair play to them - in their new ground scheme they are providing an 800 seat auditorium where pre and post match fighting will be undertaken by those wanting to 'get involved'. Its hoped that it might cut down on a lot of bottle throwing, posturing and throat slashing type signals as there will be no line of stewards or police to hide behind. I think its a progressive move - a bit like legalising certain drugs maybe.        
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Does he command his 18 yard box. Need a keeper of his size who does that
    We need a keeper who can leave his goal line and be mobile.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Thats a real shame, nice stadium, went there a few seasons ago to see Ebbsfleet win 3-0, only gripe was you couldn't use the clubs facilities ie home bar, as the one allocated for away fans to use had a wedding reception in it, so had to use the bars near cannons park station.

Plus they don't do a match day programme, you have to download it.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Shrewsbury scored, they got on the pitch, some charlton got on the pitch, there was a surge towards the corner by charlton and the spray was used to stop fans getting at each. I wasn't there, but saw the videos on twitter.
    Caused by the Ginger Shrews fan who was then banned for life or 10 years or something! 
    Next year Charlton chants along the lines of where’s your Ginger mate … ? 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    And we all know who that is.😉
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    clb74 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    clive said:
    Caused by the Ginger Shrews fan who was then banned for life or 10 years or something! 
    Next year Charlton chants along the lines of where’s your Ginger mate … ? 
    That's right...haha! He was on the pitch giving it the "biggun" then someone clumped him! His Twitter went mad as he claimed to be a MMA or semi-pro boxer or something, but went down like a sack of shit on the pitch! Not his proudest moment...not that I would condone such violent behaviour from anyone, of course.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    I don't like to praise Millwall generally but fair play to them - in their new ground scheme they are providing an 800 seat auditorium where pre and post match fighting will be undertaken by those wanting to 'get involved'. Its hoped that it might cut down on a lot of bottle throwing, posturing and throat slashing type signals as there will be no line of stewards or police to hide behind. I think its a progressive move - a bit like legalising certain drugs maybe.        
    They really need to take this into the community with workshops available to all, leading to real FS qualifications for every gender, mental and physical ability.

Throat slashing simulation (Entry Level One).

Bowling down the road in a flat cap looking a twat (Pre Entry Level).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    They really need to take this into the community with workshops available to all, leading to real FS qualifications for every gender, mental and physical ability.

Throat slashing simulation (Entry Level One).

Bowling down the road in a flat cap looking a twat (Pre Entry Level).

I don't know if it's true or not but i was told they have a pebble put in one of their first pairs of shoes.
  • Options

Arrests and reported incidents of disorder at football matches in England and Wales last season were at their highest level for eight years.

There were 2,198 football-related arrests, the highest number since the 2013-14 season, according to Home Office figures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62989792

• Options
    Its not clear to me whether these figures included the England matches especially the Euro final.
  • Options
    #cutshaveconsequences 
  • Options

The full breakdown of football arrests at London stadiums in the first half of the 2021/22 season can be seen below:

1. QPR, Loftus Road - 34 arrests (23 home fans)
    2. West Ham, London Stadium - 29 arrests (17 home fans)
    3. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge - 21 arrests (14 home fans)
    4. England, Wembley - 19 arrests (6 England fans) 
    5. Charlton Athletic, The Valley - 16 arrests (6 home fans)
    6. Tottenham Hotspurs, Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium - 16 arrests (8 home fans)
    7. Millwall, The Den - 15 arrests (6 home fans)
    8. Arsenal, Emirates Stadium - 12 arrests (7 home fans)
    9. Brentford, Brentford Community Stadium - 12 arrests (3 home fans)
    10. Crystal Palace, Selhurst Park - 10 arrests (3 home fans)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The full breakdown of football arrests at London stadiums in the first half of the 2021/22 season can be seen below:

at least we can beat Millwall at something .. copper on the radio blaming post lockdown frustration and increased drug use as major factors .. still not so bad as the seventies though
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

10. Crystal Palace, Selhurst Park - 10 arrests (3 home fans for copyright infringements) ;)

• Options
    shirty5 said:

at least we can beat Millwall at something .. copper on the radio blaming post lockdown frustration and increased drug use as major factors .. still not so bad as the seventies though
    Millwall top for banning orders however, with 33
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Millwall will quote our 16 as being higher than their 15 and try and claim the moral high ground though.

Also the 33 banning orders were West Ham in disguise and people being banned for not wearing Stone Island to a home game
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    shirty5 said:

Millwall will quote our 16 as being higher than their 15 and try and claim the moral high ground though.

Also the 33 banning orders were West Ham in disguise and people being banned for not wearing Stone Island to a home game
    The club absolutely will not. What a weird thing to say. 

It does seem, however, that we are more proactive when it comes to issuing banning orders. Although that's probably just down to competency and having the required staffing levels to act accordingly.