Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Kanu - new contract to 2027 (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Anyone know / remember how Birmingham managed to get so much money for Bellingham? Was he on pro terms at his age?
    Because he was a 17 year old bullying men ten years older than him.

Burstow is a talent but Bellingham is a once-in-a-generation type of talent.
    I agree.  Burstow is a low risk gamble for Chelsea.  Him making it as a premier league player is not a given, although he has the fundamentals.  He’s not visibly considerably better   Than everyone else like Gomez/ Gallagher for us plus the likes of Bellingham.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I have my doubts if Daniel Kanu will even play for Charlton's 1st team.

An offer will come in for a million from Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc.

Thomas will turn it down and because of competition among the premier sides we get 2 million plus add ons; and the not so merry roundabout continues.

I agree the sales people at Valley Gold will struggle to sell the dream if the best Kids go with out kicking a ball for the 1st team.
    Or they stay at Cafc for a while on loan as Chelsea's nursery team.

• Options
    A question for Thomas at the next meeting in February! 
  • Options
    I hope he signs but he will talk to the likes of Beadle and Burstow and know the money on offer elsewhere so I expect nothing.
    Yeah, because until they left he'd never spoken to.anyone outside of carton in the footballing world. Personally, I'm being glass half full and it shows that we won't stand in the way if a fair offer comes in.  
  • Options
    Watching Kanu's game, he seems to stand out more on paper than he does visually. I am not playing his potential down, I think he has a natural talent to score goals which is priceless. What I am saying is that he needs to focus on becoming the player he can be and the sensible way to do that is with people who know him and he knows at Charlton. He is at a club which will help him maximise his talent and at the point that talent is in demand, will sell him. There is no better place for the lad.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Anyone know / remember how Birmingham managed to get so much money for Bellingham? Was he on pro terms at his age?
    Because he was a 17 year old bullying men ten years older than him.

Burstow is a talent but Bellingham is a once-in-a-generation type of talent.
    I genuinely think Jude Bellingham will end up as one of the best players in the world in the next few years, and he will captain England for a long time.
    Absolute class player. I’m hoping he’s starting for England by the World Cup. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    shine166 said:
    I hope he signs but he will talk to the likes of Beadle and Burstow and know the money on offer elsewhere so I expect nothing.
    Yeah, because until they left he'd never spoken to.anyone outside of carton in the footballing world. Personally, I'm being glass half full and it shows that we won't stand in the way if a fair offer comes in.  
    Of course he had but when you actually see lads you kick around with at your club day in and day out go and get big contracts it will just turn the head even further you would think.  Only natural.

Glad you are glass half full but as far as I know he has not signed a contract so if he chose to go elsewhere then we can't stand in his way even if we wanted to.... And the decent offer you talk of is actually set by EPPP rules so it would be somewhere less than £200K and we will have absolutely no say in the matter.  That only changes if he signs a contract with us.   Same as Adigun whom is attracting interest according to the rumours thread.

I hope they both join Campbell and Anderson and sign up with us and help this club back to the Championship.  
  • Options
    What's baffling about Birmingham is that despite the massive fee for Bellingham, they're still a basket case
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Great news.
  • Options
    Fantastic!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed we get at least one year out of him
  • Options
    Awesome news
  • Options
    Phew 😥 
    Could not be more pleased for both him and for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Deal until 2024 or whenever Chelsea come calling.
    Are you new to football ?
  • Options
    Boom 💥 

Great news, hope to see him get a chance this season
  • Options

Just don't post it on Twitter.

We don't want Chelsea learning about him. :wink:

• Options
    Great news, been concerning that he hadn't been tied down. I assume we have a clause to extend the deal another year beyond 2024.

Crucial to have your best young players under contract
  • Options
    It means we can get a decent fee for him now .. but contracts mean nothing once he gets the pound signs in his eyes he will be off … with another very happy agent … and people can moan but there nothing the club can do ….. until the club gets the power back from player and agent it’s always going to happen 
  • Options
    It means we can get a decent fee for him now .. but contracts mean nothing once he gets the pound signs in his eyes he will be off … with another very happy agent … and people can moan but there nothing the club can do ….. until the club gets the power back from player and agent it’s always going to happen 
    Well the club has the power now until 2024, quite what more you want I don't know.
  • Options
    Sure Chelsea are watching him and he will see what his mate has achieved !
    but good luck while you are here.
  • Options
    Congrats, young Daniel. 

Onwards & upwards at CAFC !