Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Kanu - new contract to 2027 (p13)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    With Chuks made of glass, it's not impossible that at some point this season we could have Burstow and Washington starting, with Kanu on the bench.
  • Options
    Great news. I hope we get to see a bit of him before the end of the season.
  • Options
    Great news !

Another sign that we are going in the right direction imo.
  • Options
    Gone in the summer so I suppose we better not get too attached. 
  • Options
    Think once we are safe from relegation we could give some of these youngsters a run out to give them experience but be patient with them.

One misplaced pass or missed goal then some will be writing them off.
  • Options
    Kanu over Burstow please 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be worth at least £30m by now.
  • Options
    DISGUSTING 
  • Options
    Kanu over Burstow please 
    Think we need to at least see if Kanu is strong enough. 
  • Options
    This is very good news, overall it's been a pretty decent week down SE7 way.

Let's it finish with a big win on Saturday.
  • Options
    Now the contract is sorted, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the bench on Saturday.

Give him 15 minutes here & there until the end of the season to gain first team experience
  • Options
    TS on the signing: ‘ Have I got a Kanu in my pocket, or am I just pleased to see you?’
  • Options
    Now the contract is sorted, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the bench on Saturday.

Give him 15 minutes here & there until the end of the season to gain first team experience
    We've got to get the balance right. It might be better for him getting 90s for the U23s than 5 minute cameos in the first team
  • Options

Maybe not Saturday, but certainly the game after Chuks racks up his 5th yellow card.
  • Options
    Very pleased for Daniel, our leading goalscorer next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news. Hopefully we get to see him in the first team, and for more than a dozen matches. At the very least, though, this gives the club more control over when he leaves and for how much.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Maybe not Saturday, but certainly the game after Chuks racks up his 5th yellow card.
    We're past the 5 yellow card ban game, and he's well away from 10

So his ban will be when he gets sent off, next time he barges a referee
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

As long it’s it’s Kettle he absolutely nuts after we’re 5-0 and secured mid table with 3 games of the season left. Is that asking too much?
  • Options

Would imagine he'll be wrapped in cotton wool ahead of the FA Youth cup tie next Wednesday.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

To he fair to Chuks, I don't think that he knew that it was the ref's hands on the ball. He still needs to cut out the petulant side of his game though.
  • Options
    What superb news.  Was expecting the worst given the number of goals he has scored and that he had not signed for a few months.  I look forward to seeing him in the first team.  All the best young man, it is great to see him repay the faith the club has shown in him and sign up.
  • Options
    Excellent news and a vitally important development after losing James Beadle to Brighton, albeit that the player and his family saw to it that we got a fee, rather than the nominal EPPP tariff compensation. Getting Jason Adigun to sign a professional contract must be the next priority, with reports suggesting that a number of other London clubs are interested in acquiring his services.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Real talent.

We have to remember he is very young, he wasn’t even part of the U18 group that done incredibly well last season. We have to allow him to continue to develop, playing games and scoring goals for the U18s and making the step up to the U23s for the rest of the season.

Bring him in to train with the first team at times and let him come in with them at the start of pre-season. That extra 6 months for him to grow and develop could be crucial. We can then assess where he is at in the summer and get him tied down to a long term deal.

I think we all would love a front two of Kanu and Burstow and scoring goals regularly between them. We have to be mindful of their ages and development though.

Exciting future!
    I think that's only happening if he doesn't work out at Chelski and we get him back.
  • Options
    Great news.

So it's not just coppers who look so young these days.