Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Fraser - pg 36 - left by mutual consent

Comments

• Gribbo said:
    best for all parties .. an 'old fashioned' 'static' midfielder like Fraser is just not a fit for the Jones super plan
  • Bye bye to the most ill fitting nickname anywhere in football. 
    No, he couldn’t even be the best at that - Elliott Lee and The White Pele is surely the winner there.
  • Scoham said:
    Bye bye to the most ill fitting nickname anywhere in football. 
    No, he couldn’t even be the best at that - Elliott Lee and The White Pele is surely the winner there.
    Not sure who gave him that, or even called him by it, but I always liked him during his time with us.
  • Certainly seen worse in recent memory, but he was a constant disappointment and someone many fans gave a free pass, despite becoming almost entirely immobile.

Totally forgettable.
  • Awww we won’t get to see that look of shock on his face anymore when someone takes the ball off of him on in our half after he has spent about 5 seconds turning on the spot 😂 
  • Gave us a season and a half while being paid for three and a half seasons. Hope his new employers are more astute than we were. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Left by mutual consent and presumably with a few grand to send him on his way.
  • Pleased for him and pleased for us.
  • At least something was achieved on the final day. Unhappy players are like poison. Harry Redknapp said half the players at QPR loved him, they were the ones involved. The rest hated him Lol

• Glad he has gone. Has not done enough with his ability imo. Hope it didn't cost us too much.
    Whatever it cost us is money well spent.
  • Who was in midfield when he supposedly dominated us at The Valley for Dons, Pratley and Watson?
  • Had a short spell of looking like the player he was fêted to be under Holden. Looked pretty crap either side of that.

Had been playing down south since the 18/19 season so took a bit for his home sickness to kick in and effect his game.

Well, will always have the memory of league one's best playmaker, the Scottish Pirlo, being brushed aside by Cray valley paper mill.

Thanks Scotty.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 31
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Who was in midfield when he supposedly dominated us at The Valley for Dons, Pratley and Watson?

We lost 1-0 at the Valley when he was MOM but in the reverse fixture at MK dons, Pratley, man marked him out of the game and from memory we won 1-0.
  • Anyone signed the leaving card?
  • Had one decent season for us but came across as a player who used to see himself as a top L1 player and had ambitions of playing in the Championship, but has now given up on that and will happily go back to Scotland.

Understandable why he’d put his family first, but not what you want in a squad aiming for promotion.

If he was as good as we hoped Ipswich wouldn’t have sold him to us.

Even at his best he lacked the qualities NJ wants in players, and he wasn’t so good creatively that you’d make allowances and build a team around him.
  • High hopes when we got him but he couldn't get in Ipswich's side so we probably should have heeded that warning. Glad he's gone and we are not paying his wages anymore, an instantly forgettable player. 
  • Leuth said:
    He was good for a little while, bridging Garner and Holden, but then fell off a cliff. Ah well
    I missed that game .  Thought he was Andy Reid, played like.. someone a lot worse 
  • edited August 31
    One of those players that undoubtedly has that bit of skill that most other lower league players don't have. And on his day can be a play maker. But doesn't actually have any days, doesn't give a shit either, and isn't going to fight for anything.
  • So he don't need a lift then?
  • edited August 31
    Good luck to him, I hope now he is back with his family he can kick start his performances.. Let's see if he ends up at Dundee. Reminds me of the midfielder we had that was homesick for up north and ended up at Brighton, or the case for Dowie ending up at Charlton.

I do wonder withFraser, not withstanding he was poor for Ipswich, if the bout of covid permanently affected his energy levels
  • When his name's mentioned in a few years time I'll think 'decorator guy' rather than anything specific he did for us on the pitch. That's pretty damning for a marquee signing.
  • Like Kirk before him an embarrassing end and I don’t expect to hear much about him again wherever he goes next.

This scenario arises because they've been rubbish, and no one else wants them or is willing to gamble a reasonable amount of money on them.