Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Fraser - pg 36 - left by mutual consent

Comments

• I spent hours separating the good apples from the bad in my garden yesterday.
    It now serves as an anology for the new Charlton team management, thank God, at last.
  • th0rryy said:
    Certainly seen worse in recent memory, but he was a constant disappointment and someone many fans gave a free pass, despite becoming almost entirely immobile.

Totally forgettable.
    Who is that?
  • Good
  • Off_it said:
    Good
    No, he wasn't.  :)
  • So farewell then 
  • Saying he was ever that good is being a bit generous imo. Yes he scored a few goals but it was only ever flashes of good play. Can’t think of a single game where he really grabbed hold of a game drove us forward with he quality of his performance. We overrated him and over paid for him. No I’ll feeling but towards him but best for both parties that he’s gone. 
  • We're doomed!!!!!
  • Bye bye…👋👋
  • I wonder if Scott was a big miss in the dressing room?
  • Sponsored links:

• We'd have won that game yesterday without Scott Fraser in the team...
  • Looking forward to the "goodbye" video. Will be heart-wrenching, I'm sure.
  • Very pleased by this. Can go in the same bracket as Kirk, Gunter, Watson etc type of players who could and should have offered a lot more but seemingly were not that interested.
  • It's amazing to think bowyer got him playing in a 2 in midfield. I can't remember the timeline but was his covid at the end of that season? Never showed he had the energy levels since
  • MeerKat said:
    It's amazing to think bowyer got him playing in a 2 in midfield. I can't remember the timeline but was his covid at the end of that season? Never showed he had the energy levels since
    He never played under Bowyer, Jackson was manager when he signed. It was January 2022 so we were through the worst of covid.
  • Scoham said:
    MeerKat said:
    It's amazing to think bowyer got him playing in a 2 in midfield. I can't remember the timeline but was his covid at the end of that season? Never showed he had the energy levels since
    He never played under Bowyer, Jackson was manager when he signed. It was January 2022 so we were through the worst of covid.
    Mate my memory is atrocious. I was convinced it was bowyer. Did he play in a 2 for Jackson then? I specifically remember an article in the paper with him talking about adapting to the role. Have I made this up in my mind?
  • At the end of 22/23 I remember him playing under Holden in a reasonable 3 with Dobson and Morgan. 
  • MeerKat said:
    Scoham said:
    MeerKat said:
    Mate my memory is atrocious. I was convinced it was bowyer. Did he play in a 2 for Jackson then? I specifically remember an article in the paper with him talking about adapting to the role. Have I made this up in my mind?
    He played under Garner and Appleton in a 2.  Badly . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Kap10 said:
    Good luck to him, I hope now he is back with his family he can kick start his performances.. Let's see if he ends up at Dundee. Reminds me of the midfielder we had that was homesick for up north and ended up at Brighton, or the case for Dowie ending up at Charlton.

I do wonder withFraser, not withstanding he was poor for Ipswich, if the bout of covid permanently affected his energy levels
    To be fair to Fraser, he was signed by Ipswich to play CM but their playing style didn't accommodate him, and invariably was used wide midfield.
    With his lack of pace and playing out of position, that was never going to get the best out of him. 

That's a very good point about the Covid @K@Kap10
    I believe I read that Fraser is asthmatic. I remember soon after he signed, he went down with Covid and was out for quite a long time, no surprise really if he is asthmatic.

It may be a good reason as to why he had no engine.

BTW don't think I've a soft spot for him. 
    Just there's always context to be taken into consideration.

This is/was my belief/theory.
  • edited September 1
    Is there a message on social media from Scott saying goodbye to the fans?

"Cheers fur th' dosh bit ah could'nt be arsed "
  • wmcf123 said:
    MeerKat said:
    Scoham said:
    MeerKat said:
    He played under Garner and Appleton in a 2.  Badly . 
    He did quite well for Garner in a 2 next to Dobson. We actually looked quite good for a few games with a 4-4-2 but then Leaburn and others got injured and it all went wrong 

When he played deeper in a 2 for Appleton he was dreadful 
  • edited September 2
    wmcf123 said:
    Is there a message on social media from Scott saying goodbye to the fans?

"Cheers fur th' dosh bit ah could'nt be arsed "
    “Couldnae”
     Bloody English to Scottish translator website!
  • cafctom said:
    Very pleased by this. Can go in the same bracket as Kirk, Gunter, Watson etc type of players who could and should have offered a lot more but seemingly were not that interested.
    Agree he should have offered more, but not sure it's fair to put him in bracket of those other players. 2022/23 season alone allows him not to be mentioned alongside them. 
    He was one of, if not, our highest earning player in a season where we were edging towards a real League One relegation scrap for the first time in our history. And he was so bad/disinterested that he wasn’t even considered good enough to stay and fight it out so was shipped on loan. 

I have him firmly in that category of players who took a lot from Charlton that gave nothing back in the last few years. 
  • MeerKat said:
    Scoham said:
    MeerKat said:
    Nah its not your memory, he was so bad, he was only noticed when he wasn't playing for us