Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon fans involved in incident at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Not to deflect responsibility but the police are saying it was AFC fans causing trouble not Charlton 
  • Options

The Club has been made aware of significant disorder at London Bridge Station involving AFC Wimbledon fans and Charlton fans, following this afternoon’s match.

• Options
    Wimbledon fans on twitter saying it started over some MK Dons chants
  • Options
    Apparently our fans got 'battered' after signing mk dons songs according to their twitter
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    So what, I mean Wimbledon? Really, that's a joke right?
  • Options
    It takes 2 to tango 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The video I’ve seen looks more like two mobs going at it, cert no obvious colours in the footage I’ve seen.
  • Options
    Wimbledon??Behave yourself 
  • Options
    Not what police are saying

40 Wimbledon medium
    /low risk who their police spotters took back into London Bridge attacked 3 non-risk Charlton fans in colours at London Bridge station.

At least one AFCW fan was arrested on scene. Additional resources were brought in and police used batons on Wimbledon fans.

None of the three Charlton suffered any significant injuries as far as aware. 

Feel free to share on twitter @Croydon @Mike

Thanks Henry, will do.
  • Options
    40 against 3 . Hope they feel good in themselves. 
  • Options
    They’ll still gloat about it … cowards 
  • Options
    Wimbledon??Behave yourself 
    Like most clubs, they can pull some numbers when needed. Used to try and bully their way around the non-league circuit. Saw trouble with Maidstone a couple of times as they got resistance on those occasions.
  • Options

40 Wimbledon medium
    /low risk who their police spotters took back into London Bridge attacked 3 non-risk Charlton fans in colours at London Bridge station.

At least one AFCW fan was arrested on scene. Additional resources were brought in and police used batons on Wimbledon fans.

Would have been easier to put that up in the first place then 
  • Options
    All I saw was afc arguing amongst themselves about pushing on the escalator! Why are they so angry ffs? A couple of them got pinched for being mouthy to OB tgen there was a bit of chanting and chest puffing at OB. I had my 6yr old with me, so swerved them. Shitty little non league club tbh. Was later told that afc, charlton, palace and Brighton were at it in the station. Fun and games! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Claiming a result already
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

40 Wimbledon medium

I wasn't aware of the full details or the justification being given by AFCW fans when I originally posted.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

40 Wimbledon medium

I wasn't aware of the full details or the justification being given by AFCW fans when I originally posted.
    Well you were right then before 20:56 then. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    YTS1978 said:
    On a more positive note, my connection was full of hartlepool fans. Brilliant atmosphere when they got to St Pancras, hundreds of them and loads of singing. Even my little one said it was quality! Good lads...
    Great bunch of fans 
    Top lads, gave up seats for us and had a good bit of banter with my little boy. Just a shame they didn't get a result today but they weren't embarrassed at least
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but why do our ‘fans’ think it’s ok to sing songs to other fans about their rivals to wind then up? It’s really weird. Singing Southampton songs at Portsmouth the other night and now potentially this, I simply don’t get it 
    What is there to get? It is simply banter and has been going on for years and years. Of course some might get offended but it works both ways. 
  • Options
    Every club has its naughty element. It’s been us in the past and will be in the future.

Sadly every village is missing its idiot
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Clarky said:
    Croydon said:
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but why do our ‘fans’ think it’s ok to sing songs to other fans about their rivals to wind then up? It’s really weird. Singing Southampton songs at Portsmouth the other night and now potentially this, I simply don’t get it 
    What is there to get? It is simply banter and has been going on for years and years. Of course some might get offended but it works both ways. 
    It’s bizarre / embarrassing behaviour