Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon fans involved in incident at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Hang on, so someone shouted mk dons at afc  so they decided to attack some innocent bystanders/scarfers (whatever you want to call them)? It's banter ffs. They're gonna get a rude awakening if they keep behaving like that tbh. You don't do shit like that without someone taking exception to it later down the line.
    That's how they got their bully reputation in the non league 
    Well, they're in the big league now, so you dish it out, you have to take it back at some point I guess. No class this lot at all. Its a shame actually, cause the story could have been a good one, but they appear to be followed by a load of idiots! I mean, Wimbledon, behave yourselves and pipe down ffs. I really dislike this lot and the Robinson stuff with their steward or whatever he was left a very bad taste. But anyway we won so fuck em haha!
    That good, because it looks like they’re going to be your main South London rivals for the foreseeable 😉
    wimbledon might be a shitty little club with shitty little fans and we may be temporarily sparring with them but there's no denying that they, like ourselves, have won a major trophy so once you've done similar - and you know that will never happen - you can condescend to us - good luck  :D   
    @golfaddick

would you agree AFC Wimbledon won the cup?
    I thought it was the old Wimbledon who became Mk Dons. 😉
  • Options
    Agree with you @DA9 on AFC and the attitude of some of their fans. Acted like arseholes at Bromley a few years ago

Unfortunately "retribution" will be sought and that will be wrong too.
    In the circumstances, hopefully things will be okay with it being a midweek game.

Oh, Saturday night's alright for fighting
    I'm thinking less chance of a ding dong midweek.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    On the way back to the station on Floyd Road one of our fans sang MK Dons and a couple of their fans completely lost it. The sad thing is one of them was in his 50s and trying to take our guys head off. It's pathetic 
    Yeah after  we were ground sharing at palace I’m sure we’d have loved oppo fans to sing shit about that .
    of course the reaction is way over the top and ridiculous but wtf did the div want a round of applause , goading knob end .

all those old enough will remember back in the eighties plough Lane as one of the grounds we always looked hard at. with a few lads going in the home end and kicking off and us always letting a goal in cos our players were distracted and then our lads would be marched round in to the away end . 
    I remember fans singing "shit fans, no ground" at us in the 80's tbf!
    I think we heard "What's it like to have no ground?" every week apart from Man Utd who sang "What's it like to share a ground?"
    Heard the man utd fans sing to us “we’ve got one stand bigger than your ground” 😂
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    On a more positive note, my connection was full of hartlepool fans. Brilliant atmosphere when they got to St Pancras, hundreds of them and loads of singing. Even my little one said it was quality! Good lads...
    Don't  you remember Hartlepool at the Valley two seasons running and their fans coming down  in reasonable numbers all dressed in the same costumes.  One season Omapalompas and the next year as Smurfs. Hilarious. 
    Wonderful fans. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    If we’re going to sing songs that belong to other clubs’ rivals to wind that club up, I must insist we do it with our torch lights from our mobile phones on 
    One of the funniest things I noticed yesterday was,when the Upper Covered End started singing” What the fucking hell is that” I looked up and see loads of phone torches in the middle of that group being lowered or turned off as it was being sung…tickled me…😂😂
    Ha, I saw exactly the same. 

One of my kids thinks it’s great and it genuinely tickles me how others get so riled about it because someone has decided it’s not cool.
    It *is* cool. If they’d had mobiles in the ecstasy days they’d all have been doing it. 🙂
  • Options
    I assume they'd got an earlier train than the one I was on, as the Wombles had all gone by the time I reached the platform. The Police were being more restrictive than usual on the London bound platform, but were in good spirits so nothing had kicked off at Charlton station.

And then I managed to miss the events at London Bridge and Kings Cross, as I stayed on until Cannon Street...
  • Options
    The old bill were on it , when i parked up at the ground 2.15pm there was about 20 odd old bill by the away end entrances on Valley Grove usually half a dozen 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I have just seen the footage of the incident.Firstly the three were definitely not scarfers and secondly,  although they were outnumbered they had a good go...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sack the cameraman 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Hang on, so someone shouted mk dons at afc  so they decided to attack some innocent bystanders/scarfers (whatever you want to call them)? It's banter ffs. They're gonna get a rude awakening if they keep behaving like that tbh. You don't do shit like that without someone taking exception to it later down the line.
    Well, they're in the big league now, so you dish it out, you have to take it back at some point I guess. No class this lot at all. Its a shame actually, cause the story could have been a good one, but they appear to be followed by a load of idiots! I mean, Wimbledon, behave yourselves and pipe down ffs. I really dislike this lot and the Robinson stuff with their steward or whatever he was left a very bad taste. But anyway we won so fuck em haha!
    That good, because it looks like they’re going to be your main South London rivals for the foreseeable 😉
    wimbledon might be a shitty little club with shitty little fans and we may be temporarily sparring with them but there's no denying that they, like ourselves, have won a major trophy so once you've done similar - and you know that will never happen - you can condescend to us - good luck  :D   
    @golfaddick

No.

They were only formed 20 years ago, so couldn't win the FA Cup in 1988.

But its not a difficult mistake to make, as our comms team did on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Pathetic. Adults fighting over nothing.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sack the cameraman 
    The other angle from the other side of the barrier was marginally better. That one was very briefly on twitter. 
  • Options
    The increase in aggro around football since the return of fans would make a good dissertation subject for someone’s psychology degree. I would have assumed a global pandemic killing millions would have provided some perspective and actually reduced some of the silliness. 

Hopefully it calms down soon. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @golfaddick

No.

MK Dons passed the recorded club history to them several years ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @golfaddick

No.

I thought they handed the records to Merton Council, not AFC Wimbledon ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The increase in aggro around football since the return of fans would make a good dissertation subject for someone’s psychology degree. I would have assumed a global pandemic killing millions would have provided some perspective and actually reduced some of the silliness. 

This weekend a Leicester fan attacked a Forest player after they scored. A Rotherham fan kicked the ball before an Accrington player could take the penalty then attacked him. The comments on that instagram link are disgraceful.

What's going on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We enjoy the fun factor of Hartlepool fans dressing as Smurfs, but decry the fun factor of our twilight torch lights.
    It is intriguing to me that the lights seem to happen around the same point in the second half of games.
    Harmless.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We enjoy the fun factor of Hartlepool fans dressing as Smurfs, but decry the fun factor of our twilight torch lights.
    It is intriguing to me that the lights seem to happen around the same point in the second half of games.
    Harmless.
    Obviously the boredom threshold for 8 year olds has been reached by then. Fed up with kicking seats they resort to their phones.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Harmless.
    Obviously the boredom threshold for 8 year olds has been reached by then. Fed up with kicking seats they resort to their phones.
    Good point.
    When I went to matches at that age the Valley was a bit of a giant playground when I was bored, but nevertheless I became a life long supporter.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @golfaddick

No.

On 2 August 2007 (the renamed) MK Dons handed back the trophies won by Wimbledon FC to the London Borough of Merton.

AFC Wimbledon believe the honours of Wimbledon FC belong to the fans, as illustrated by the statement on their website:

"The supporters of AFC Wimbledon believe that our club ia a continuation of the spirit which formed Wimbledon Old Centrals in 1889 and kept Wimbledon Football Club alive until May 2002. 

We consider that a football club is not simply the legal entity which controls it, but that it is the community formed by the fans and players working towards a common goal. We therefore reproduce the honours won by what we believe was, and always will be, "our" club, in our community." 

Their fans can believe what they like but the facts are that AFC Wimbledon haven’t won the FA Cup. I just wonder though how we would have reacted to claims of having not won the cup in 1947 had AFC Charlton been formed post ESI 😲. Fortunately TS saved us from that tragedy. 

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Agree with you @DA9 on AFC and the attitude of some of their fans. Acted like arseholes at Bromley a few years ago

In the circumstances, hopefully things will be okay with it being a midweek game.
    You're going to be used as the cannonball in the return fixture.
    Do you mean cannon-fodder?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Crusty54 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @golfaddick

No.

On 2 August 2007 (the renamed) MK Dons handed back the trophies won by Wimbledon FC to the London Borough of Merton.

AFC Wimbledon believe the honours of Wimbledon FC belong to the fans, as illustrated by the statement on their website:

"The supporters of AFC Wimbledon believe that our club ia a continuation of the spirit which formed Wimbledon Old Centrals in 1889 and kept Wimbledon Football Club alive until May 2002. 

We consider that a football club is not simply the legal entity which controls it, but that it is the community formed by the fans and players working towards a common goal. We therefore reproduce the honours won by what we believe was, and always will be, "our" club, in our community." 

Their fans can believe what they like but the facts are that AFC Wimbledon haven’t won the FA Cup. I just wonder though how we would have reacted to claims of having not won the cup in 1947 had AFC Charlton been formed post ESI 😲. Fortunately TS saved us from that tragedy. 

Their justification for being the “continuation” of Wimbledon FC (and thus FA Cup winners) is dangerously close to Palace’s justification for being the oldest professional team in the world, which is also total bollocks. 
    Jeez - it's not that bad!!
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @golfaddick

No.

The winner of the the 1988 FA Cup final no longer exists, there is no argument to be had. They are just the latest team on the list defuncted winners (eg Clapham Rovers, Blackburn Olympic and Bury).
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This weekend a Leicester fan attacked a Forest player after they scored. A Rotherham fan kicked the ball before an Accrington player could take the penalty then attacked him. The comments on that instagram link are disgraceful.

What's going on?
    Does anyone know what happened to the Crewe fan who went on the pitch and pushed/assaulted Albie Morgan?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You're going to be used as the cannonball in the return fixture.
    Do you mean cannon-fodder?
    Pick on someone your own size.