Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon fans involved in incident at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    I’ve seen a video, 10-15 Wimbledon on 2-3 Charlton at the ticket barriers, one guy had 4-5 on him at one point and was taking a proper hiding.
    Where can this footage be found ?
    No idea, it was sent to me via WhatsApp 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    On the way back to the station on Floyd Road one of our fans sang MK Dons and a couple of their fans completely lost it. The sad thing is one of them was in his 50s and trying to take our guys head off. It's pathetic 
    Yeah after  we were ground sharing at palace I’m sure we’d have loved oppo fans to sing shit about that .
    of course the reaction is way over the top and ridiculous but wtf did the div want a round of applause , goading knob end .

all those old enough will remember back in the eighties plough Lane as one of the grounds we always looked hard at. with a few lads going in the home end and kicking off and us always letting a goal in cos our players were distracted and then our lads would be marched round in to the away end . 
    This was our fans going into the Wimbledon end in 1985. Photo taken by my dad
    I wasn’t there officer…. Honest 
    Me neither your honour 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    40 against 3 . Hope they feel good in themselves. 
    40-15 would have been a better Wimbledon score
    Leave it, love.
    Apparently, the Wimbledon 40 were on the juice.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Mike said:
    Apparently our fans got 'battered' after signing mk dons songs according to their twitter
    Because the afc fans were deaf?
    Tokk a while to get that but very good.
    Thank you. 
  • Options
    What strange behaviour we exhibit don't we?

Strangely, while stretched out on the operating table for an hour or so last Thursday under my plastic surgeon's scalpel, we had a conversation about this. To cut a long story short, he said he was currently reading an excellent book by David Lammy called Tribes which was essentially about tribalism in politics but he thought it applied equally to football fans and recommended a read. I might give it a try.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    DA9 said:
    I’ve seen a video, 10-15 Wimbledon on 2-3 Charlton at the ticket barriers, one guy had 4-5 on him at one point and was taking a proper hiding.
    Where can this footage be found ?
    It was on twitter but got pulled 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    It is about time people woke up to reality.
    You are trying too hard.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    If we’re going to sing songs that belong to other clubs’ rivals to wind that club up, I must insist we do it with our torch lights from our mobile phones on 
    One of the funniest things I noticed yesterday was,when the Upper Covered End started singing” What the fucking hell is that” I looked up and see loads of phone torches in the middle of that group being lowered or turned off as it was being sung…tickled me…😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe they were palace in disguise.
  • Options
    🙏 4 the ⚽️ 🔦’s
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    On a more positive note, my connection was full of hartlepool fans. Brilliant atmosphere when they got to St Pancras, hundreds of them and loads of singing. Even my little one said it was quality! Good lads...
    Who were they playing ? I can't find a fixture for them from yesterday
  • Options
    They had 5,000 at Palace in the cup I think 
  • Options
    Oliver Postgate does football violence.

What next, Noddy and Big Ears' gang goes after Rupert Bear?
    They'll be in for a big surprise if they do!

https://youtu.be/dZANKFxrcKU
    Haha brilliant
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Apparently our fans got 'battered' after signing mk dons songs according to their twitter
    Because the afc fans were deaf?
    Classic mate  :D
  • Options
    Hartlepool kicked off with QPR at Kings Cross. A QPR mate got caught up in it. All rather pathetic. 
  • Options
    Hartlepool kicked off with QPR at Kings Cross. A QPR mate got caught up in it. All rather pathetic. 
    Wow...really surprised at that. The Hartlepool lot I was stuck with at St Pancras were in a party mood, not a sniff of trouble at all, great atmosphere. Every club has its arseholes I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That torch thing is embarrassing and must stop.
    Wombes were singing is this a concert ! 
    Yes . Let’s stop the kids having fun when they go to football. 
    If you’re embarrassed by what children do then it’s you who has the problem.  
    That’s not his only problem Beds!
  • Options
    Only ground that they will never wear fancy dress as who can compete with the genius of the black coat?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    seth plum said:
    I just woke up and have read this thread.
    Clearly the sign of an atheist Marxist, shame on you.  ;)
    How woke am I if I’m an agnostic syndico-anarchist?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    seth plum said:
    I just woke up and have read this thread.
    Clearly the sign of an atheist Marxist, shame on you.  ;)
    How woke am I if I’m an agnostic syndico-anarchist?
    Half asleep 
  • Options
    40-15 would have been a better Wimbledon score
    Leave it, love.
    What the deuce are you going on about?
  • Options
    Never understood the dislike of Wimbledon, given our very similar circumstances.
    Saying that, yesterday's incident was a shame.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Only ground that they will never wear fancy dress as who can compete with the genius of the black coat?
    Imagine their last away of the season and someone suggests going as an ultra/Holmesdale fanatic/Nigel tosser.

Bloke would get a good hiding.
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon have always had chips on their shoulders.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Wow...really surprised at that. The Hartlepool lot I was stuck with at St Pancras were in a party mood, not a sniff of trouble at all, great atmosphere. Every club has its arseholes I guess.
    An 18 year old lad jumped in front of a train at Stevenage so all trains at KC were delayed. The Hartlepool fans were getting more and more wound up and were being help in by police. Then there was a train load of QPR that got off the train and was goading them going out and it all kicked off. 

This died down and then another train of more fans got off and it all kicked off. Police dogs, police arresting people left right and centre and being handy with the truncheons. 

Once the trains were running again and the Hartlepool fans had left I walked by the police and they were all patting themselves on the back and were buzzing.