Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon fans involved in incident at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Clarky said:
    Croydon said:
    Wimbledon fans on twitter saying it started over some MK Dons chants
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but why do our ‘fans’ think it’s ok to sing songs to other fans about their rivals to wind then up? It’s really weird. Singing Southampton songs at Portsmouth the other night and now potentially this, I simply don’t get it 
    What is there to get? It is simply banter and has been going on for years and years. Of course some might get offended but it works both ways. 
    Singing 'saints go marching in' is one of the worst things has fanbase has ever done. cringe as fuck
    100%
  • Options
    Hang on, so someone shouted mk dons at afc  so they decided to attack some innocent bystanders/scarfers (whatever you want to call them)? It's banter ffs. They're gonna get a rude awakening if they keep behaving like that tbh. You don't do shit like that without someone taking exception to it later down the line.
  • Options
    Even 2 on 1 I hate but 30-40 on to 3 so ducking brave I hope you all get your Comeuppance
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Clarky said:
    Croydon said:
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but why do our ‘fans’ think it’s ok to sing songs to other fans about their rivals to wind then up? It’s really weird. Singing Southampton songs at Portsmouth the other night and now potentially this, I simply don’t get it 
    What is there to get? It is simply banter and has been going on for years and years. Of course some might get offended but it works both ways. 
    Singing 'saints go marching in' is one of the worst things has fanbase has ever done. cringe as fuck
    Some of the bants between rival fans is quite humourous and part of the match day experience  , but this is pathetic. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Croydon said:
    What? Why wouldn't you? 

Maybe we should stop singing in support of our team. I mean that's pretty provocative.
  • Options
    Pwopa nortee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Hang on, so someone shouted mk dons at afc  so they decided to attack some innocent bystanders/scarfers (whatever you want to call them)? It's banter ffs. They're gonna get a rude awakening if they keep behaving like that tbh. You don't do shit like that without someone taking exception to it later down the line.
    That's how they got their bully reputation in the non league 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What? Why wouldn't you? 
    I would never sing ‘when the saints go marching on’ , it’s not our song and I don’t give a shit about Southampton 
    I don't even know where to start with this.

Football fans sing to support their team and undermine the opposition. Why would it not be "ok"? Do you think of all of the objectionable things football fans say and do singing in support of a team seen as rivals by your opposition is beyond pale?
    Why would you sing other clubs songs? Would you expect Wimbledon fans to be singing Palace’s or Millwall’s songs at us today ? 
    I wouldn't expect it it but I would think it was funny in a bantering kind of way. I mean, I wouldn't be deeply offended. I don't think I would try to attack anyone.
  • Options
    I suppose after another win some can't moan at the players or TS so have a moan at our supporters instead just for having a bit of banter. Now I don't get it! 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Oliver Postgate does football violence.

What next, Noddy and Big Ears' gang goes after Rupert Bear?
    They'll be in for a big surprise if they do!

https://youtu.be/dZANKFxrcKU
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Can’t wait to go to Wigan next week and start singing Bolton (are they their rivals?) songs for banter!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can’t wait to go to Wigan next week and start singing Bolton (are they their rivals?) songs for banter!!!!!!
    Great.  Good for you.  Have you bought your ticket?
  • Options
    Attacking scarfers - classy. Horrible little club Wimbledon, bunch of wankers imo
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What? Why wouldn't you? 
    I would never sing ‘when the saints go marching on’ , it’s not our song and I don’t give a shit about Southampton 

Football fans sing to support their team and undermine the opposition. Why would it not be "ok"? Do you think of all of the objectionable things football fans say and do singing in support of a team seen as rivals by your opposition is beyond pale?
    Why would you sing other clubs songs? Would you expect Wimbledon fans to be singing Palace’s or Millwall’s songs at us today ? 
    If they did I would be appalled if a gang of our fans beat up the next small bloke they came across wearing a Wimbledon scarf.
    Trying to suggest that there was any justification whatsoever in this cowardly attack is pathetic.

What was it that the Wimbledon fans were calling Robinson when he was our manager?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Clarky said:
    Croydon said:
    Couldn’t agree more - pathetic behaviour. We are Charlton and Charlton only. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What? Why wouldn't you? 

Errr yes it absolutely is. Any proper fan up and down the country would never sing another teams chants. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    YTS1978 said:
    That's how they got their bully reputation in the non league 
    Well, they're in the big league now, so you dish it out, you have to take it back at some point I guess. No class this lot at all. Its a shame actually, cause the story could have been a good one, but they appear to be followed by a load of idiots! I mean, Wimbledon, behave yourselves and pipe down ffs. I really dislike this lot and the Robinson stuff with their steward or whatever he was left a very bad taste. But anyway we won so fuck em haha!
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Apparently our fans got 'battered' after signing mk dons songs according to their twitter
    Because the afc fans were deaf?
  • Options
    On the train I got (about 5.30 towards London Bridge) there was a lot of young CAFC fans singing songs about Milton Keynes and trying to have a go at any Wimbledon fans. There really was no need for it, but some of it got a bit physical, I didn't see properly.  Telling AFCW of all teams that "you let your team die" is, I think, massively wide of the mark. It's thanks to them that  the franchising they endured won't ever happen again.
    I don't know what happened at London Bridge as I got off at Greenwich but I don't think we can say Charlton fans haven't done anything wrong here