Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon fans involved in incident at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Croydon said:
    Wimbledon fans on twitter saying it started over some MK Dons chants
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but why do our ‘fans’ think it’s ok to sing songs to other fans about their rivals to wind then up? It’s really weird. Singing Southampton songs at Portsmouth the other night and now potentially this, I simply don’t get it 
    What? Why wouldn't you? 
    I would never sing ‘when the saints go marching on’ , it’s not our song and I don’t give a shit about Southampton 
    I don't even know where to start with this.

Football fans sing to support their team and undermine the opposition. Why would it not be "ok"? Do you think of all of the objectionable things football fans say and do singing in support of a team seen as rivals by your opposition is beyond pale?
    Couldn’t imagine Pompey ever singing ‘Let ‘em come’ to us could you?

(posted before reading @MillwallFan’s post)
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Croydon said:
    I don’t know if this is true or not, but why do our ‘fans’ think it’s ok to sing songs to other fans about their rivals to wind then up? It’s really weird. Singing Southampton songs at Portsmouth the other night and now potentially this, I simply don’t get it 
    What? Why wouldn't you? 
    I would never sing ‘when the saints go marching on’ , it’s not our song and I don’t give a shit about Southampton 

Football fans sing to support their team and undermine the opposition. Why would it not be "ok"? Do you think of all of the objectionable things football fans say and do singing in support of a team seen as rivals by your opposition is beyond pale?
    Why would you sing other clubs songs? 
    "......the mist rolling in from the trent"
    Let’s sing that next time we play Derby - genius ! 
  • Options
    Pathetic.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Apparently our fans got 'battered' after signing mk dons songs according to their twitter
    Because the afc fans were deaf?
    Tokk a while to get that but very good.
  • Options
    Notice that Wimbledon have deleted the original statement from their website.

Are they going to prepare another one, moaning the fact that they're a small club and that we should have brought more numbers!!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What? Why wouldn't you? 

Couldn’t imagine Pompey ever singing ‘Let ‘em come’ to us could you?

(posted before reading @MillwallFan’s post)
    Doubt other teams know who we consider to be our rivals so are unsure which teams songs to sing at us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was on the 17.06 to Charing x, but was in the front carriage. Train stopped at LB for a couple of minutes as it was there early, didn't see or hear anything, not sure if it was later than that. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a numbers game bully up. Sadly every single club has such bullies. 
  • Options
    There was trouble brewing between fans outside the south west gate (where coaches would be) when I was leaving ground so not surprised about trouble on the journey home. That was between their own fans I think. 
  • Options
    On the way back to the station on Floyd Road one of our fans sang MK Dons and a couple of their fans completely lost it. The sad thing is one of them was in his 50s and trying to take our guys head off. It's pathetic 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Clarky said:
    Croydon said:
    What is there to get? It is simply banter and has been going on for years and years. Of course some might get offended but it works both ways. 
    Singing 'saints go marching in' is one of the worst things has fanbase has ever done. cringe as fuck
    Pompey sang Bubbles at our place earlier in the season. Even adding the “United, United, United..” bit at the end. Cardiff have done it in the past as well. 
    No one cares. It doesn’t rile anyone. Everyone just thinks they’re silly c***s. As you say, cringey as f***. 

Expect better from both those clubs as well. 

You may not have cared but reckon you would have been petrified if it was Red, Red Robin. 😃
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I just woke up and have read this thread.
    Clearly the sign of an atheist Marxist, shame on you.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

I think you will find that our, ahem ... "fans" are the same as all "fans". It's called a bit of bantz and lads having a joke. I'm beginning to wonder whether it isn't just the ghastly woke brigade silencing anyone who dares mention the hot button topics of the day that is their beef but actually silencing anyone from ever speaking anything ever! How ironic... The leftist atheists have become more Barbara Woodhouse ... than Barbara Woodhouse! 

Clearly you weren't around when the Perry Suckling song was sung!
    Or "is that all bring away" and other cardinal sins of goading the opposition in song! Who would have thought it! 

I suspect there are some on these pages that will not rest until The Valley has the atmos of crown green bowls! 

Be careful what you wish for. 

What a pathetic post . 

It's his usual bollocks.
  • Options
    This thread this weeks dig out our own fans thread?
  • Options
    It is about time people woke up to reality.
  • Options
    On the way back to the station on Floyd Road one of our fans sang MK Dons and a couple of their fans completely lost it. The sad thing is one of them was in his 50s and trying to take our guys head off. It's pathetic 
    Yeah after  we were ground sharing at palace I’m sure we’d have loved oppo fans to sing shit about that .
    of course the reaction is way over the top and ridiculous but wtf did the div want a round of applause , goading knob end .

all those old enough will remember back in the eighties plough Lane as one of the grounds we always looked hard at. with a few lads going in the home end and kicking off and us always letting a goal in cos our players were distracted and then our lads would be marched round in to the away end . 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I think you will find that our, ahem ... "fans" are the same as all "fans". It's called a bit of bantz and lads having a joke. I'm beginning to wonder whether it isn't just the ghastly woke brigade silencing anyone who dares mention the hot button topics of the day that is their beef but actually silencing anyone from ever speaking anything ever! How ironic... The leftist atheists have become more Barbara Woodhouse ... than Barbara Woodhouse! 

Clearly you weren't around when the Perry Suckling song was sung!
    Or "is that all bring away" and other cardinal sins of goading the opposition in song! Who would have thought it! 

I suspect there are some on these pages that will not rest until The Valley has the atmos of crown green bowls! 

Be careful what you wish for. 

Lazy