Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon fans involved in incident at London Bridge

Comments

• Options

• Options
    edited February 2022
    robroy said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Hartlepool kicked off with QPR at Kings Cross. A QPR mate got caught up in it. All rather pathetic. 
    Wow...really surprised at that. The Hartlepool lot I was stuck with at St Pancras were in a party mood, not a sniff of trouble at all, great atmosphere. Every club has its arseholes I guess.
    An 18 year old lad jumped in front of a train at Stevenage so all trains at KC were delayed. The Hartlepool fans were getting more and more wound up and were being help in by police. Then there was a train load of QPR that got off the train and was goading them going out and it all kicked off. 

This died down and then another train of more fans got off and it all kicked off. Police dogs, police arresting people left right and centre and being handy with the truncheons. 

Once the trains were running again and the Hartlepool fans had left I walked by the police and they were all patting themselves on the back and were buzzing. 

Blimey, I would never of thought that would happen after the atmosphere at St Pancras. I suppose that's what a long day on the sauce does to people though!

Edit: Terrible about the lad jumping in front of the train btw
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    robroy said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Hartlepool kicked off with QPR at Kings Cross. A QPR mate got caught up in it. All rather pathetic. 
    Wow...really surprised at that. The Hartlepool lot I was stuck with at St Pancras were in a party mood, not a sniff of trouble at all, great atmosphere. Every club has its arseholes I guess.
    An 18 year old lad jumped in front of a train at Stevenage so all trains at KC were delayed. The Hartlepool fans were getting more and more wound up and were being help in by police. Then there was a train load of QPR that got off the train and was goading them going out and it all kicked off. 

This died down and then another train of more fans got off and it all kicked off. Police dogs, police arresting people left right and centre and being handy with the truncheons. 

Once the trains were running again and the Hartlepool fans had left I walked by the police and they were all patting themselves on the back and were buzzing. 

Blimey, I would never of thought that would happen after the atmosphere at St Pancras. I suppose that's what a long day on the sauce does to people though!

Edit: Terrible about the lad jumping in front of the train btw
    Yes, we had a good crack with the Hartlepool fans on the train and they were in good spirits. Only takes a few wrong’ons to spoil it though. 
  • Options
    Is the video on Twitter?
  • Options
    robroy said:
    YTS1978 said:

The delay also affected QPR fans coming back from Peterborough. Guess both sets were in a bad mood!
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Never understood the dislike of Wimbledon, given our very similar circumstances.
    Saying that, yesterday's incident was a shame.
    I think most, like I did, had a lot of sympathy and empathy with their fans when the whole MK franchise thing kicked off, but, every time I’ve come across them since in person, or on forums, they have a really big holier than thou attitude.
    I knew about the bullying thing in the non league, throwing they’re weight around in a a very small pond, but, like others have said, coming unstuck at times.
    The Robinson banner and what I was told the groundsman said to him did it for me, I now despise the jumped up little entitled pricks.
    Not that I know anything specific or have heard anything specific either, but I would put my hat on a response in kind by our element in March, rightly or wrongly.
    Can add their Statement when we called their game off as a sign of what twats they are - Maybe understandable if thats the only side to the story - But they were sitting there, moaning about being a small club. Yet just a few years ago were happy to vote on ending the season, relegating Tranmere!!
  • Options
    League support in non-league does tend to be like that. Luton would be another example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    Agree with you @DA9 on AFC and the attitude of some of their fans. Acted like arseholes at Bromley a few years ago

Unfortunately "retribution" will be sought and that will be wrong too.
  • Options
    There was me hoping they might give us a few more tickets for the rearranged game..

• Options
    Agree with you @DA9 on AFC and the attitude of some of their fans. Acted like arseholes at Bromley a few years ago

In the circumstances, hopefully things will be okay with it being a midweek game.
  • Options

In the circumstances, hopefully things will be okay with it being a midweek game.
    Plus tickets have already gone and we’re relatively hard to come by
  • Options

Those with the intent will go regardless
  • Options

Don’t think that will be a requirement..
  • Options

Already being talked about on Twitter! 
  • Options

You're going to be used as the cannonball in the return fixture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Plenty are regular at aways anyway, so would have got a ticket no problem. Fair few others will make the short trip regardless.
  • Options
    Firstly can I say I don’t condone violence necessarily but thought I’d share what happened just after this. 

Me and 3 mates all went up town after the game and were at a boozer near London Bridge. 7 AFC fans walked in laughing, ordered a drink and continued laughing about how they and 10 others had just “sorted out 4 Charlton fans”. My mate who is about the size of Inniss went up and asked if they fancied having another go at 4 Charlton fans with the numbers a bit more equal. 

They weren’t up for it, in fact they left so we got 4 San Miguel’s and 3 Guinness’ on the house. Proves how cowardly they were, they still had the upper hand but didn’t fancy it. 
    Good for you and your pals. AFC bully boys will be put in their place soon enough. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Firstly can I say I don’t condone violence necessarily but thought I’d share what happened just after this. 

Me and 3 mates all went up town after the game and were at a boozer near London Bridge. 7 AFC fans walked in laughing, ordered a drink and continued laughing about how they and 10 others had just “sorted out 4 Charlton fans”. My mate who is about the size of Inniss went up and asked if they fancied having another go at 4 Charlton fans with the numbers a bit more equal. 

They weren’t up for it, in fact they left so we got 4 San Miguel’s and 3 Guinness’ on the house. Proves how cowardly they were, they still had the upper hand but didn’t fancy it. 
    Good for you and your pals. AFC bully boys will be put in their place soon enough. 
    In fairness I didn’t say or do anything. I wasn’t particularly up for it either but glad they ran out, showing their true colours. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

In fairness I didn’t say or do anything. I wasn’t particularly up for it either but glad they ran out, showing their true colours. 
    So while they was talking about the incident and having a laugh about it they actually mentioned the numbers involved? 17 Wimbledon and 4 Charlton? 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

So while they was talking about the incident and having a laugh about it they actually mentioned the numbers involved? 17 Wimbledon and 4 Charlton? 
    Pretty much I believe although it was my 2 friends at the bar who heard it. I only went up after when they were trying to justify their actions by saying the Charlton fans were mouthing of. 

• Options

Oh, Saturday night's alright for fighting
  • Options
    How can you identify who is who from that