Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Woakes gets Finch first ball! 0-1
  • Options
    Woakes on a hattrick!
  • Options
    And then Marsh, 0-2, Woakes on a hatrick!
  • Options
    Classic seam and swing bowling still has a place at the start of the innings
  • Options
    When did Woakes become such a good white ball bowler?
  • Options
    Woakes creating a real selection problem. Jordan, Willey and Salt will be left out of the first game but who will the other one be? Livingstone not being fit might settle the issue.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    5 overs for a full game needed. Willey should bowl off one pace!!!!
  • Options
    Need to be back on in 28 minutes
  • Options
    Aussies saved by the rain.

Smith will be gutted, as he really needed the chance of playing a big innings today
  • Options
    Aussies saved by the rain.

Smith will be gutted, as he really needed the chance of playing a big innings today
    Their bowling line up is sorted but the batting is all over the place. How many different orders have they had in the last few games?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we forgetting the 2019 world cup when woakes led the attack. he's been a class white ball bowler for a long time.
  • Options
    Are we forgetting the 2019 world cup when woakes led the attack. he's been a class white ball bowler for a long time.
    Home conditions though. Woakes does have this reputation as being far less effective abroad
  • Options
    The strength in depth of bowling attack on paper is unreal. Given Moeen, Curran, Stokes, Willey, Woakes and even Jordan and Wood can bat. Just put Butler, Hales and Malan top 3 then fill with all the bowlers + Rashid at 11. Fool proof selection. I hadn’t even thought if it about Topley. 
  • Options
    The strength in depth of bowling attack on paper is unreal. Given Moeen, Curran, Stokes, Willey, Woakes and even Jordan and Wood can bat. Just put Butler, Hales and Malan top 3 then fill with all the bowlers + Rashid at 11. Fool proof selection. I hadn’t even thought if it about Topley. 
    Rashid, at 11 in your team, has 10 hundreds and 42 fifties so that would make him the best current number 11 in the world by a country mile
  • Options
    Rashid, at 11 in your team, has 10 hundreds and 42 fifties so that would make him the best current number 11 in the world by a country mile
    Proving my point 😂. I’d take that! He does always seem like a deer in headlights though, happy to be proven wrong but all the above mentioned have better t20 strike rates I think? 
  • Options
    Proving my point 😂. I’d take that! He does always seem like a deer in headlights though, happy to be proven wrong but all the above mentioned have better t20 strike rates I think? 
    He is definitely better in the longer form of the game 6,822 First Class runs at an average of 32.48
  • Options

Good to see Jofra Archer's name mentioned below 

England Lions have announced a 15-player training group to travel to the UAE from November 6-27.

As well as offering developmental experiences to the players selected, the trip will support England Men's Test preparation for Pakistan with five members of the Test squad arriving ahead of the Test tour and three pace bowlers joining the group to continue their rehabilitation from injury.

England Men will travel to Abu Dhabi on November 18 and will play a three-day practice match against England Lions from November 23-25.

England Lions Training Group

Tom Abell (Somerset)
    Rehan Ahmed (Leicestershire)
    Josh Bohannon (Lancashire)
    Jack Carson (Sussex)
    Sam Conners (Derbyshire)
    Sam Cook (Essex)
    Matthew Fisher (Yorkshire)
    Haseeb Hameed (Nottinghamshire)
    Tom Haines (Sussex)
    Jack Haynes (Worcestershire)
    Lyndon James (Nottinghamshire)
    Dan Lawrence (Essex)
    Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire)
    Matthew Potts (Durham)
    Jamie Smith (Surrey)

Pace Bowler Rehab: Jofra Archer (Sussex), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Brydon Carse (Durham, 11-27 November).

Test Player Preparation:
    James Anderson (Lancashire, 6-19 November), Jamie Overton (Surrey, 6-19 November), Ollie Robinson (Sussex, 11-19 November), Jack Leach (Somerset, 11-19 November), Will Jacks (Surrey, 11-19 November).

• Options
    A nothing series really, but I guess it's all part of the cricket schedule, and the build up to the next 50 over WC

• Options
    Gutted to read that David English, founder of the Bunbury Festival through which so many England players have graduated from and raiser of over £20m for charity, suffered a serious heart attack last Tuesday. This is the most recent update which aren't, very sadly, that promising:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have some vague recollection of seeing David English play in a charity football match at Erith & Belvedere when I was a teenager. I may even have his autograph somewhere. RIP.
  • Options
    287-9 well played Malan 
  • Options
    Great knock of 134 from Malan. Holding the innings together while they fell around him. 

• Options
    This is like the reverse of one of those 90s Ashes series where the Aussies would ease up after going 3-0 up and England would get a consolation win.

• Options
    I'm reminded currently of that time when Franck Leboeuf went on They Think It's All Over, and every time they took the piss out of him, he came out with the line:

"I don't care, I won the World Cup."
  • Options
    Surprised AA is quiet today following Malan's knock earlier... 
  • Options
    Surprised AA is quiet today following Malan's knock earlier... 
    I think you will find that the problem that people like AA and myself have with Malan is in the 20 20 competition. 
    He takes too long to get going.
    In the 50 overs competition he has the time to get into his stride and build an innings as he showed today. 
    In the 20 overs competition he simply doesn't have that time.
    That's why he gets the criticism he gets. 

This, he suits the ODI game much better than he does T20. You can afford to be a bit selfish and take the time to get going in that format and his SR for his first 10-20 runs is pretty usual in that format. Its that he doesnt (or wont) adapt his game for T20 that people have an issue with. I still think he should be behind Root and Pope for that no3 role and we should probably be moving on from him from now on really.

I actually felt he was hard done by in the test side after the last ashes series. For the first 3 tests he was the only one who even tried to stick around with Root and actually showed some promise. It was only when he missed the birth of his child and was affected by that plus not being home for 6 months that his form dropped once the series was gone.