Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Not enough "Bens" and "Ollies" in the team for me!

The team does very much have the look of BAZBALL though
  • Options
    That bowling attack looks....deeply insufficient 
  • Options
    I mean, unless Livingstone's been working on some shit 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Leuth said:
    That bowling attack looks....deeply insufficient 
    Unless it's a bunson or swings like a middle aged couple England aren't taking 20 wickets.  If its either Pakistan will.have better bowlers.  Bat second, bat big hope for a draw.
  • Options
    Leach will bowl one end.
  • Options
    Fantastic interview.  I'm a big fan
  • Options
    Who will take more wickets? Leach or Root/Livingstone combined 
  • Options
    Who will take more wickets? Leach or Root/Livingstone combined 
    Imo Root is the better bowler of the 3. 
  • Options
    News from Pakistan that sickness has swept the camp. Only a handful of players trained today. 

May play havoc with the selected team.
  • Options
    News from Pakistan that sickness has swept the camp. Only a handful of players trained today. 

Very sporting of them to try and level the playing field 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Test might be moved back because 14 of the England squad including support staff have been affected. Only six players are definitely OK according to Nasser Hussain. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Delhi Belly or Rawalpindi RawBum .. Rawalpindi is the furthest north England have ever played an overseas test
  • Options

Test might be moved back because 14 of the England squad including support staff have been affected. Only six players are definitely OK according to Nasser Hussain. 
    I have messaged Baz to tell him that the club cricket thread is available to fill the spaces if he can arrange the flights. 
  • Options
    Delhi Belly or Rawalpindi RawBum .. Rawalpindi is the furthest north England have ever played an overseas test
    That's a fascinating fact! Peshawar is further north but England haven't played a Test there. Malahide would obviously take over as and when. Other candidates? Srinagar in India? Hmm
  • Options

I have messaged Baz to tell him that the club cricket thread is available to fill the spaces if he can arrange the flights. 
    Please tell him if our scorer has gone down too I'm happy to do it but it would be utilising the traditional pens and scorebook method. Will be coloured pens though!
  • Options

The Pakistan Cricket Board and England and Wales Cricket Board today discussed the outbreak of viral infection in the England men’s Test team camp and unanimously agreed to delay the decision on the commencement of the first Test, which is due to start on Thursday, until 0730 Pakistan time tomorrow (Thursday).

The two boards made the decision based on medical advice from the England doctors, which revolved around the players’ health and welfare, agreeing that the England cricket team are able to select an XI for the first of the three ICC World Test Championship matches, which will be played at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

The two boards also agreed, subject to the England players not recovering well enough to take the field on Thursday morning, then the Test will commence on Friday and will be a five-day match. In this scenario, the schedule of the second Test in Multan and the third Test in Karachi will remain unaffected and will be played as per original schedule i.e. 9-13 and 17-21 December, respectively.

• Options
    Can you imagine a Test match played over here being delayed by a day if the visiting team were ill?
  • Options
    Can you imagine a Test match played over here being delayed by a day if the visiting team were ill?
    Yes, one was delayed by a year for that very reason 
  • Options
    Cancelled yes, but can you imagine logistically moving a Test here back a day, considering that the police need 10 days notice for FA Cup replays! 
  • Options
    Cancelled yes, but can you imagine logistically moving a Test here back a day, considering that the police need 10 days notice for FA Cup replays! 
    The India Test was moved by a year. The last Test at the Oval was put back a day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like some common sense has finally broken out in the realms of cricket. My only annoyance (more so if I was over there) is that a final decision is to be made on the day itself. Imagine planning on going to Lords or the Oval and not knowing if the Test match was starting that day until you woke up at breakfast time. 
  • Options
    Foakes unable to play, presumably due to illness.

Jacks will make his debut and Pope takes the gloves.
  • Options
    England win the toss and bat first.
  • Options
    Zak Crawley takes 14 runs off the first over, including a couple of well timed drives into the onside.
  • Options
    Duckett also off the mark with a first ball boundary. Pitch looks a road.

20-0 from 2 overs.
  • Options
    Zak Crawley takes 14 runs off the first over, including a couple of well timed drives into the onside.
    14 is the most runs England have scored in the first over of a Test match in the 21st century.
  • Options
    50 parternship in the ninth over.

53-0

Crawley 25
    Duckett 26
  • Options
    Bazball at its finest cracking on
  • Options
    121-0 off 18 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I number of overs that's the 3rd fastest 100 since 2001.  I assume its the first 1st innings 1st 100? 

England would have win the T20 world cup with a few balls to spare...