Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I am absolutely certain that calling up Brook, Duckett, Livingstone, Jacks et al is all about getting the best white ball players more interested in playing red ball in the knowledge that if they don't do that now then they will be lost to Test cricket - full stop
  • Options
    The big test will come when we have to bowl, and have to maintain some sort of control on the batting, without a decent second spinner, and an average first one.

Pope keeping wicket is a worry too. It seems odd bringing Billings to Australia to play in that pointless ODI series, but not to Pakistan as deputy keeper.
  • Options
    Brook's first Test match 50
  • Options
    And well done Pope too -another centurion. Three in one day of a Test match doesn't happen too often.

• Options
    422-3 now and this is the most runs in a day's play in Pakistan. And we have only had 66 overs!
  • Options
    To put this bowling attack into perspective - five of the six bowlers used had one Test wicket between them prior to today. The other had 33. Anderson, with 667 wickets, has almost 20 times the total of the Pakistan bowling attack on his own! Combine that inexperience with a flat deck and a bullying batting line up and we are where we are. 
  • Options
    Six boundaries in one over from Brook!
  • Options
    my stream is behind, so this over is just about to start. let's see it Harry
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The Pakistan bowlers are the ones feeling sick now!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    my stream is behind, so this over is just about to start. let's see it Harry
    that is the worst over of bowling I have ever seen in Test cricket. it was like one of mine on a bad day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Crawley....
  • Options
    Long hop
    Full toss
    Half volley
    Long hop
    Long hop
    Long hop

Frankly it would have been embarrassing if Brook HADN'T hit six boundaries ;)
  • Options
    I knew our lot had the runs this week, but not in this way.
  • Options
    one of the worst bowling attacks I have ever seen, and ever is a long time .. admittedly not helped by a far too flat pitch .. so pleased that we won the toss
  • Options
    Pope goes for 108 - the third centurion not to make it a big hundred
  • Options
    Babar Azam is trying to coach a so called Test bowler on the line he should be bowling. This must be so embarrassing for him. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Well batted Brook reaches his ton off just 80 balls and a Test record I believe (edit - not. It's the third fastest for England)

He becomes centurion number 4 - the most in any one day of a Test match
  • Options
    500 up as Stokes goes to 30 off 13
  • Options
    Love that he didn't overcelebrate. Knows this is the easiest he'll ever score. Knows he'll get more.
  • Options
    500 on day 1 is crazy. The Pakistan bowlers will be desperate for bad light to be called, they need to start misfielding and colliding with each other  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    16 overs faster than the previous lowest number of overs to reach 500...
  • Options
    506-4 off 75 overs and the players are brought off for bad light

Booooooooooo - 4 runs short of creating a new record for the most number of runs by any Test side in a day's play. But it is the most number of runs for the first day of a Test
  • Options
    Blimey are we playing their U11s 😲
  • Options
    Good work England. Half-way to a declaration. 
  • Options
    The biggest surprise is, perhaps, not that we've had 4 centurions in a day but that Joe Root wasn't one of them
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Whilst I applauded the ICC & ICB for proposing starting the game a day later due to illness I dont applaud them for setting the playing conditions that means players walk off 15 overs short of the MINIMUM that should be played in a day. I mean, what's the point of having floodlights. And I hope people who do the record books put today's play as the highest scoring EVER......because I bet the 509 that Sri Lanka made wasn't done in 75 overs  !

PS. I know the match probably started before 11am today but the ICC must start looking at daylight hours on the sub continent & change the playing conditions to suit. Many times in India & Pakistan play finishes even before the scheduled time because of light. We might get "bad light stops play" in England but thats usually because of the weather, not because of the sun setting. Maybe we should try starting  test matches in England at 1pm & try getting in 90 overs during September. 
  • Options
    Brook's 100 is the third fastest ever for England, behind Bairstow in second and some bloke called Jessop. 
  • Options
    Whilst I applauded the ICC & ICB for proposing starting the game a day later due to illness I dont applaud them for setting the playing conditions that means players walk off 15 overs short of the MINIMUM that should be played in a day. I mean, what's the point of having floodlights. And I hope people who do the record books put today's play as the highest scoring EVER......because I bet the 509 that Sri Lanka made wasn't done in 75 overs  !
    You do know what records are, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Brook's 100 is the third fastest ever for England, behind Bairstow in second and some bloke called Jessop. 
    Brook had the record in his grasp, then went Boycottian for the last 6 runs. His first Test ton, so forgiveable  :D
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Leuth said:
    You do know what records are, right?
    No, Please tell me because I've shot 57 around Barnehurst Golf course but my name ain't in the record books !