Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Steady on Root, Jonny still needs 3 runs for his century  :D
    He's getting revenge for Jonny stopping him getting his ton in the last game! 
  • Options
    I love this attacking play. I think it is how England have to play.
    They have basically scored 350 at 5 an over, without slogging.  This is exactly how we should play.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Is it just me or is this highest run chance not as good as what Stokes did at Headingley in 2019 ?  This one might be the "highest" but it's not as significant or awe inspiring. In a way I wished we didnt make it as Stokes' efforts will now not be "recognised" .....iyswim. 
    @golfaddick
    Honestly, if you won the lottery you’d complain that you probably won’t win it next week. Never known anyone to be so determined to find a negative in any situation.
  • Options
    A maiden? 
  • Options
    at this rate root's more likely to get a 150 than bairstow his 100.
  • Options
    Root has hit four tons in this series but it is Bairstow's fourth Test hundred in five innings. A total of 575 runs at an average of 191.67:

71*
    100*

Just a shame he was denied the opportunity to make it five from five!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Is it just me or is this highest run chance not as good as what Stokes did ato Headingley in 2019 ?  This one might be the "highest" but it's not as significant or awe inspiring. In a way I wished we didnt make it as Stokes' efforts will now not be "recognised" .....iyswim. 
    @golfaddick
    Honestly, if you won the lottery you’d complain that you probably won’t win it next week. Never known anyone to be so determined to find a negative in any situation.
    It wasn't a negative comment just an observation. A bit like if Charlton's 7-6 comeback was eclipsed by beating Harrow town 8-6 in the FA cup after being 6-0 down. It would be the record but hardly the best one.

As I said.....just me then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phew. Weird how one run can create so much tension.
  • Options
    Is it just me or is this highest run chance not as good as what Stokes did ato Headingley in 2019 ?  This one might be the "highest" but it's not as significant or awe inspiring. In a way I wished we didnt make it as Stokes' efforts will now not be "recognised" .....iyswim. 
    @golfaddick
    It wasn't a negative comment just an observation. A bit like if Charlton's 7-6 comeback was eclipsed by beating Harrow town 8-6 in the FA cup after being 6-0 down. It would be the record but hardly the best one.

As I said.....just me then. 
    Haha! I was only half serious golfie. I do wish you’d try to find the occasional positive though…
    😉
  • Options
    siraj's figures look horrendous. Mouthy twat.
  • Options
    And then we can batter their T20 side too. You love to see it
  • Options
    Can we keep batting just to see how many we could have got. 
  • Options
    God they made that look easy.
  • Options
    Today's real winner: Ravi Ashwin
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Fabulous no-risk batting.

India bowled poorly, but Root and Bairstow were quite magnificent.  Proper Test match cricket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    think Bairstow MIGHT just be one all of Wisden's 5 players of the year

• Options
    Wow! 
  • Options
    now no more test cricket til middle of august :<
  • Options
    Brilliant performance by England, especially their two best batsmen in the series, Joe Root and Johnny Bairstow and their two best bowlers, Jimmy Anderson and... *checks notes* ...Ollie Robinson. 
  • Options
    Those two made it look easy today, both class and up there with the best. Great win again, when it looked like it could go either way 
  • Options
    The fact that Root is averaging more than Bairstow in 2022 is mind boggling
  • Options
    This new look England team really is incredible.  

Making this huge run chase look easy at the moment & you'd fancy them to knock off the runs tomorrow. Brilliant stuff
    It's showing up India's batting early today on a flat pitch. 245 was a very poor effort
    50-100 short, on an easy batting pitch by day 4. England should have been chasing over 450, which would have added scoreboard pressure and a second new ball.

They might still have done it though!
  • Options
    I saw comments yesterday about the choice of the roller.

They used the light roller in the first innings to keep pace in the pitch when the safe option was to take the heavy roller.

They 100% believe they will literally chase any thing.
  • Options
    We will be hard pushed to see England bat better than that.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Fully expecting an announcement from the BCCI to say one of their backroom staff thinks he might have Covid so they're pulling out of the Test and claiming a 2-1 series win.
    I think they missed a trick