Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I think it makes a difference that half the crowd is supporting India. A lot more noise & therefore pressure when wickets are falling & a new batter comes in. 
  • Options
    Tickets tomorrow will be free
  • Options
    Tickets tomorrow will be free
    Wonder if anyone has been to all 3?  Had a good summer's cricket for the cost of a few train tickets etc
  • Options
    That's two reviews wasted by India. Just need one more of Jadeja's deliveries that he insists is knocking over all three stumps and they will be review less if and when Hawkeye demonstrates that the ball is pitching outside leg..
  • Options
    And now they can't take a chance with any other bowler unless it is a clear and obvious error. Which is, actually what they are meant to be using the review system for.

• Options
    Kohli's got some front, hasn't he?  He's giving it the big "I am", despite no longer being captain; and, despite being being only 46th on the list of Test scorers this year, he's trying to get under the skin of Bairstow (#1) and Root (#2). 
  • Options
    Finally some sanity from our batsmen - earlier on was crazy - felt like they were trying to win it today 😳

3 wickets later, they are now being sensible - we have ALL day tmrw 

If we are over 200 and no further wickets lost today, if I were a betting man I would pile onto an England win
  • Options
    This is gonna be a thriller, isn't it 
  • Options
    kohli, the most famous cheerleader in the world.
  • Options
    God, Bumrah is just on another level. England need to survive this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might well be talking bollox. 
    I know I know. 
    But 
    I believe Pope averages over 50 for Surrey batting at 4 or 5.
    To the best of my knowledge he has never batted at 3 in Red ball cricket for Surrey. 
    Root should grow a pair now that he is free from the captaincy and bat at 3
    And allow Pope the time to develop. 
  • Options
    I know I know. 
    But 
    To the best of my knowledge he has never batted at 3 in Red ball cricket for Surrey. 
    That wasn't the problem today though.  Someone has got to bat at 3.

If Root averages 15-20 less at 3 than 4 (I have no idea what it actually is) you have got to find someone that averages, or could, about 55 to bat at 4.

I would say if we had Cook and Strauss and 1 and 2 Root would be more inclined to bat at 3.
  • Options
    If we could carry on tonight, I think we'd win.

Tomorrow is another day
  • Options
    Why oh why oh why are we finishing at 6.30?

Lost loads of overs in the last 3 days.

5 days, 450 overs..... 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    With the exception of Root, I wonder who was the last English batsman before Bairstow to hit three hundreds and two unbeaten 50s in five consecutive Test innings (which might become four hundreds and one unbeaten 50)?
  • Options
    With the exception of Root, I wonder who was the last English batsman before Bairstow to hit three hundreds and two unbeaten 50s in five consecutive Test innings (which might become four hundreds and one unbeaten 50)?
    he's becoming the English Ginger Bradman  :)
  • Options
    Lovely to see Siraj being smacked for a maximum after dishing it out to Bairstow.
  • Options
    Has Root done it?  I don't know if he has or not.

The ones that came to mind were Cook and Vaughan in Australia but don't think they did. Cook had the horror of the WACA right in the middle. 

This really is a remarkable run of form. 

The summer of Pudsey! 
  • Options
    Kohli has a face that needs a fucking good slap.
    I'm enjoying looking at him at the moment I must say. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The ones that came to mind were Cook and Vaughan in Australia but don't think they did. Cook had the horror of the WACA right in the middle. 

The summer of Pudsey! 
    I thought Root must have done so but the nearest he's got is 64-109-180*-33-121. Cook once achieved in six consecutive innings 82-189-133-96-106-55. Vaughan's best run from five innings was 100-197-61-15-195.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know I know. 
    But 
    Pope came in with 107 on the board in the 22nd over, so that could easily have been as a number 5 or 6 anyway.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

5 days, 450 overs..... 
    The game will be over by 2pm tomorrow anyway
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    This new look England team really is incredible.  

Making this huge run chase look easy at the moment & you'd fancy them to knock off the runs tomorrow. Brilliant stuff
  • Options

Making this huge run chase look easy at the moment & you'd fancy them to knock off the runs tomorrow. Brilliant stuff
    It's showing up India's batting early today on a flat pitch. 245 was a very poor effort
  • Options

Making this huge run chase look easy. Brilliant stuff
    doooooon't
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

5 days, 450 overs..... 
    The game will be over by 2pm tomorrow anyway
    I know but it's not the point. 
  • Options

It's showing up India's batting early today on a flat pitch. 245 was a very poor effort
    I think India didnt know whether to stick or twist. The tail enders just pushed & prodded whereas in the 1st innings they took our bowlers to the cleaners. A more positive attitude could have had then with a lead of 450+
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The summer of Pudsey! 
    I thought Root must have done so but the nearest he's got is 64-109-180*-33-121. Cook once achieved in six consecutive innings 82-189-133-96-106-55. Vaughan's best run from five innings was 100-197-61-15-195.
    Sorry I probably could look it up myself but when was Cook and Vaughan's best streaks? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Just popping in to say how well Crawley (Creepy as I call him), was playing until he got an absolute snorter which would have bowled many a top player from any era ……but did he do enough to satisfy his detractors?
    I hope so.
  • Options
    I can't get over how different this England set up is with a change of mentality. 

No doubt in my mind that we would've been skittled out for 200 or less a year ago