Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    378 to win. Should knock them off by 7pm
    That'll annoy Golfie 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Stoakes wants them knocked off by tea!
  • Options
    Feeling uncharacteristically optimistic.
  • Options
    The current run rate we might get the extra half hour......
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see whether we are as aggressive against Jadeja
  • Options
    Here's the highest successful 4th innings chases at Edgbaston

Target Team Opposition Year
    281 South Africa England 2008
    208 England New Zealand 1999
    152 West Indies England 1991
    121 England Australia 2015
    121 England India 1996

378 looks a very long way away
  • Options
    There's no better and more enjoyable team than India, in the whole of world cricket, to watch when they're rattled
  • Options
    1st ball answers that
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    1st ball answers that
    I will qualify that - "successfully" aggressive
  • Options
    Superb start this! Keep going lads! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Winviz still says 4% for a draw.

It's more likely to be over today than a draw.
  • Options
    dont want to curse him, but i really like the cut of lees' jib. Positive, big lad, left handed opening batter... reminds me of a certain marcus trescothick...
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    zak's ok!
  • Options
    How on earth can you give that as a soft signal as out!? The umpires cave to India so often it pisses me off so much! 
  • Options
    Oh no, Thakur is on, he's 100% getting a wicket, he always does 
  • Options
    How on earth can you give that as a soft signal as out!? The umpires cave to India so often it pisses me off so much! 
    Surely the soft signal at worst should have been "don't know"!
  • Options
    The whole concept of the soft signal needs to be put in the bin. They're reviewing the decision because they don't know!
  • Options
    every so often zak crawley looks like a test opening batsman, that cover drive was another example.
  • Options
    Reminds me of an old boss who used to say "my decision is 'maybe', and that's final" 
  • Options
    every so often zak crawley looks like a test opening batsman, that cover drive was another example.
    Lees getting off to a flyer has really helped him today. He can play within himself until he's in 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KP orgasming over crawley... I always thought crawley looked a bit like a more orthodox KP with his height. He gives you glimmers of the guy who got the double ton vs pakistan. 
  • Options
    I've taken the afternoon off supposed to be doing DIY on the house but I cant stop watching. The missus is gonna be annoyed when she gets home!
  • Options
    Stokes and his Brave New England in this game crossed over from being aggressive and adventurous into recklessness in their first innings
    in the second. Lees and (especially) Crawley are mixing patience and watchfulness with aggression  .. great to see and let's hope Crawley has at last come to terms with the requirements needed to become a top class test opener
  • Options
    Those two shots from Crawley were much more Trescothick than anything from Lees, well as he's batting 
  • Options
    I've taken the afternoon off supposed to be doing DIY on the house but I cant stop watching. The missus is gonna be annoyed when she gets home!
    Just calmly sit her down and show her Lees' slog sweep. She will approve! 
  • Options
    Lees getting off to a flyer has really helped him today. He can play within himself until he's in 
    There has been lots of talk about BMac and Stokes playing attacking cricket. I actually think thats the wrong word and we should be talking about aggressive cricket. Crawley has left very aggressively today and has punished anything too straight at him. Perfect example of this.
  • Options
    It's funny that Stokes has probably been the only one that has just gone out and slogged. And he's far too good to be doing that   cantersaddick said:
    There has been lots of talk about BMac and Stokes playing attacking cricket. I actually think thats the wrong word and we should be talking about aggressive cricket. Crawley has left very aggressively today and has punished anything too straight at him. Perfect example of this.

• Options
    Zac Crawley playing some lovely shots now. He needed this.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Zac Crawley playing some lovely shots now. He needed this.
    I'm going to need a change of pants after that most recent cover drive! 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    What in the fresh hell is this?

YJB must be wondering what's going on, he is normally in by now......