Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    The most expensive over in Test history!

Quite unbelievable 
    Broad has been short pitching the tail enders for as long as I can recall. 
    It rarely works and when you're getting smashed to the boundary in the first 2 balls why continue?
    The most brain dead over from Broad/England I can recall. 
  • Options
    Sigh, wicket from an extra ball following a no-ball.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Bumrah beats Lara...for the record with the bat!
    SEVEN more than the previous record too  :o
  • Options
    Sigh, wicket from an extra ball following a no-ball.
    Surely Bumrah should have been bowling 80mph bouncers to Lees, not this fuddy duddy straight stuff
  • Options
    I’m a Kent man, but Crawley needs to be dropped - once again out to a terrible shot vs Bumrah - Crawley is way out of form, and has some serious technique issues that need sorting 
  • Options
    That over from Broad was borderline negligent. Would be fuming that nearly 8.5% of their total came from one over. 
  • Options
    Really....India creating their own luck. 
  • Options
    Impressive bowling from India, after little preparation in local conditions 
  • Options
    Frustrating as there has been more time spent in stands with no rain waiting for inspection rather than play. Need to be more proactive. 
  • Options
    the sun is out. Why the f are the covers still on. Rain due in 40 mins. We could get another half hour play in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I could also do with half hour not rain delay drinking
  • Options
    Play resumes at 6 pm even though there’s been no rain since 4.15. Joke. 
  • Options
    thank the lord for Jimmy A
  • Options
    And then they all troop off at 7pm in bright sunshine. If the custodians of the game want Test cricket to survive they have to get with the times. No need to follow set playing conditions that says you can only have an extra 30 mins play (plus some lost due to rain) but need to go with the flow. I appreciate that there us clearing up afterwards & a myriad of other things behind the scenes but another 30 mins tonight was not beyond the whit of man. 
  • Options
    Well that's thrown a curve ball amongst the media darling coverage the cricket team has been receiving for winning one home series.
  • Options
    And then they all troop off at 7pm in bright sunshine. If the custodians of the game want Test cricket to survive they have to get with the times. No need to follow set playing conditions that says you can only have an extra 30 mins play (plus some lost due to rain) but need to go with the flow. I appreciate that there us clearing up afterwards & a myriad of other things behind the scenes but another 30 mins tonight was not beyond the whit of man. 
    Neither is starting at 10, or even half 9 tomorrow morning.....
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching the last 2 tests. What a positive mindset they have embraced. Rolling the kiwis over is no mean feat. 
    yep we made them look ordinary, and they really aren't. Caught myself thinking "the real test will come vs india", but tbh new zealand and india are just about par with each other imo.
    Do you still think NZ & India are on a par? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Starting earlier is a problem. Staffing, crowd control, volunteers etc are probably briefed at the start of the test and have set shifts. To make a decision at 6pm the night before to get all that organised for 30 mins or an hour earlier for the crowds of people attending would be impossible or a logistical nightmare or both. As well as communicating to the fans who have paid for a match to start at 10.30 who may not realise the time changed. Would feel pretty short changed. Esp If the rain falls again tomorrow. 
    To have come out today swiftly after rain stopped today on multiple occasions would have helped get through more overs. As soon as we knew it was aleem dar umpiring we knew he needs at least 21 degrees and to see blue skies to even think about continuing play following a break. The rain must mess up his hair. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Starting earlier is a problem. Staffing, crowd control, volunteers etc are probably briefed at the start of the test and have set shifts. To make a decision at 6pm the night before to get all that organised for 30 mins or an hour earlier for the crowds of people attending would be impossible or a logistical nightmare or both. As well as communicating to the fans who have paid for a match to start at 10.30 who may not realise the time changed. Would feel pretty short changed. Esp If the rain falls again tomorrow. 
    To have come out today swiftly after rain stopped today on multiple occasions would have helped get through more overs. As soon as we knew it was aleem dar umpiring we knew he needs at least 21 degrees and to see blue skies to even think about continuing play following a break. The rain must mess up his hair. 

I appreciate that but it's just so frustrating that there are two, three or even more hours when the conditions are right to play, they wait until 11, then get half an hour in before it rains.  Then have to come off at seven despite it being perfectly playable.

The priority should be getting the 450 overs in.  Not getting what ever overs you can get in between 11 and 7.
  • Options
    Kohli is such an arse 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine not making a century this decade and sledging a player who has just made two massive scores. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I appreciate that but it's just so frustrating that there are two, three or even more hours when the conditions are right to play, they wait until 11, then get half an hour in before it rains.  Then have to come off at seven despite it being perfectly playable.

The priority should be getting the 450 overs in.  Not getting what ever overs you can get in between 11 and 7.
    The other thing is of course that India dictated when we played the 5th and final test as they didn’t fancy old Trafford in September. India dictated what time it would start at edgbaston as India TV audience would be in noddy land post 7pm. 

39 overs yesterday. You’re telling me it was frustrating. Too many for a refund. Not enough to stop me having a hangover and feeling like I’ve only watched the 90 mins of cricket consolidated to the start and end of the day. Not to mention not getting in the ground till 11 due to booking a train so long ago assuming an 11am start. 
  • Options
    What a let off! Stokes dropped on 17. 
    Shami blown his boot. 
  • Options
    I think our positive approach is ok after we've "seen off" the new ball, say 20 overs.
    If we tried to see off the new ball, stop driving at balls giving slip catching practice and had maybe 0,1 or 2 wickets down, it would be a better plan in my eyes than having 5 down through rash and unnecessary shots.
  • Options
    That's shocking from Stokes
  • Options
    I think our positive approach is ok after we've "seen off" the new ball, say 20 overs.
    If we tried to see off the new ball, stop driving at balls giving slip catching practice and had maybe 0,1 or 2 wickets down, it would be a better plan in my eyes than having 5 down through rash and unnecessary shots.
    Stokes is such a much better batsman when he is in, even in ODI cricket.
  • Options
    Everyone knows my views on Foakes and think he really does deserve a proper run in the side. He's been so unlucky what with getting injured slipping in the shower last year and now covid this year.

But, I just can't help getting the feeling that Billings just "fits" this side better. Not sure whether it's style of play or approach but he just feels right.
  • Options
    Quick, Aleem Dar’s beard is starting to go frizzy. 
  • Options
    When was the last time England had a player in the for YJB is now?

Of you had never watched cricket before the last 2 and half tests you would think he must be the best in the world.  Its not slap dash and just swinging is it. 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    That's shocking from Stokes

Seeing it was his second bite at the cherry. If bairstow is smacking them all over the place, why did stokes have to join in so early. He could have knocked the ball into space and got bairstow on strike.