Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• S Africa 48-3, why are we trying to change the ball? 
    The misshape is probably an excuse as they probably think the ball's gone a bit soft following the overnight rain and want a harder one. 
  • edited August 2022
    Cor! Umpire's call on impact outside the line and hitting the stumps!
  • 77-5 at lunch

Our session and poor decision by SA to bat
  • why Leach when the quickies have done all the damage ?

• 77-5 at lunch

Our session and poor decision by SA to bat
    I’d reserve that comment until we have batted.
  • Just to have a look at the pitch and give the batsmen something else to think about.
  • MrOneLung said:
    FFS Robinson. 
    No sympathy whatsoever
    No balls should be 10 runs to opponents and a 30 minute ban from bowling. 

Absolutely no need for it at all. 
    seems the Robbo no ball was not in fact a no ball ? .. being called a communication breakdown tween umpires
    it was a no ball .. listening with half an ear I thought the TV commentators said it was a mis-call by the 3rd umpire .. wheres that hearing aid ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    FFS Robinson. 
    No sympathy whatsoever

Darren Gough has said many times that he cannot understand what they are trying to gain. The plus of pushing it is of infinitely less value than losing a wicket because of overstepping. Spinners have got an even less excuse for doing so but some still do. They probably do it in the nets and all forms of the game and aren't penalised for doing so but then get to international cricket finding that they lose a victim. We see it, on average, at least once in every Test and that can be the difference between winning and losing.

That's four no balls we've bowled in 28 overs so one in every 7 overs on average. Our greatest ever bowler, Anderson, bowls one every 150 overs on average.
  • MrOneLung said:
    FFS Robinson. 
    No sympathy whatsoever

Darren Gough has said many times that he cannot understand what they are trying to gain. The plus of pushing it is of infinitely less value than losing a wicket because of overstepping. Spinners have got an even less excuse for doing so but some still do. They probably do it in the nets and all forms of the game and aren't penalised for doing so but then get to international cricket finding that they lose a victim. We see it, on average, at least once in every Test and that can be the difference between winning and losing.

That's four no balls we've bowled in 28 overs so one in every 7 overs on average. Our greatest ever bowler, Anderson, bowls one every 150 overs on average.
    I can't remember who it was but one of the commentary team on Sky a couple of years ago said when he watched the England bowlers in the nets that they would regularly bowl no balls. 
    They were only interested in where the ball finished. 
    If no one is pulling them up for bowling no balls in the nets it's no suprise they do it When it matters. 
  • Oh Jimmy, Jimmy!!!

92-7
  • Sponsored links:

• It's as if Jimmy and Broady didn't bowl as well as they usually do in the last Test due to being undercooked
  • MrOneLung said:
    FFS Robinson. 
    No sympathy whatsoever

I can't remember who it was but one of the commentary team on Sky a couple of years ago said when he watched the England bowlers in the nets that they would regularly bowl no balls. 
    They were only interested in where the ball finished. 
    If no one is pulling them up for bowling no balls in the nets it's no suprise they do it When it matters. 
    They do it all the time in the nets to gain an advantage over the batsmen as much because they feel that they are on a hiding for nothing with no fielders in place.

The captain at my son's club, Bickley Park, bowls off 18 yards in the nets. He's an Aussie who has played against England and was at one time the quickest in the Kent League. He isn't slow now by any means (probably 82mph plus) but does it to test the first team batsmen because if they can handle that they can handle anything directed at them on a Saturday! 

• There are plenty frustrating things with this England side. But our inability to clear up a tail is right up there. I'm already getting twitchy 
  • There are plenty frustrating things with this England side. But our inability to clear up a tail is right up there. I'm already getting twitchy 
    Twitch over.
    Still two wickets to take..............
    Twitch over.
    Until its over I can't settle. And then I have to watch our openers have a go... 
    Twitch over.
    Until its over I can't settle. And then I have to watch our openers have a go... 
    Well at least you won't have to worry about Zak's batting for very long...
  • why Leach when the quickies have done all the damage ?

Improve over rate, more balls before lunch to increase pressure?
    Twitch over.
    Watching our openers bat will have us all twitching for about 15 minutes. 
    Then we can settle down and watch the middle order. 
    Twitch over

Damn ! Thought that was my Tingle starting to stir.
  • Sponsored links:

Twitch over.
    Watching our openers bat will have us all twitching for about 15 minutes. 
    Then we can settle down and watch the middle order. 
    Hope our Zak makes sure to wear his brown pants.....
  • Even we clear them up from here, we've still let Rabada top score
    I knew that I should have lumped on him at 100/1 to be top SA first innings run scorer!!!
    I knew that I should have lumped on him at 100/1 to be top SA first innings run scorer!!!
    Blimey 100/1 is always worth a punt! 
    I have to agree with you here.
    We have lost the plot the last hour.
  • Our tail offer absolutely nothing either. We always get cleared up for basically nothing

Trouble is that Rabada has a Test average of under 12 and a highest score in any form of the game of 48 from 340 innings. We are, potentially, allowing him to beat that!
  • If they get more than 175 we've had a complete and utter shocker 

Trouble is that Rabada has a Test average of under 12 and a highest score in any form of the game of 48 from 340 innings. We are, potentially, allowing him to beat that!
    That average would be a lot higher if he could play England every match  :D
  • I'd like to thank the person who came up with this wonderful new strategy for the bowlers to aim at the stumps.