Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Stokes out 103 deciding to play Bazball  :'(
  • Its alright, the nighthawk will demoralise them even more
  • edited August 2022
    Broady loves Bazball
  • Billy_Mix said:
    SA will be batting again shortly after lunch Friday, in dry benign conditions, quietly compiling a target beyond even the childish hubris of Baz n Ben 
    Harmer & Maharaj looking forward to tuning up their test stats and then hitting the golf course on Monday.

That aged well...
    Plenty of time for Harmer and Maharaj to spin the Proteas back into this
  • England just playing like teams normally would do. Grind the bowlers down and then accelerate when they are tired. 

A nightmare for S Africa, needing over 200 just to make England actually have to bat in the 4th innings.
  • YES! Really pleased for Foakes
  • Delighted for Foakes 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • great knock from foakes this. Cements his place as well. Very pleased for him since he should've been in the test team for a few years. 
  • A wicket tonight would be nice
  • Sponsored links:

• As stated above good England played the match situation really well, not just throwing the bat at it like complete fucktards,
    test cricket at its finest 
    don’t fuck up now , get the job done 
  • A confident (or misguided) +170

Hands if you sniggered when I suggested a lead of 170. I was only 94 runs short after all.
  • S Africa ought to be able to bat all day on that pitch, and finish the day with a lead. By mid afternoon the ball will be soft, and batting should be relatively easy if they can survive until then without too many wickets down.
  • Haven't seen umpiring as bad as this in a test match for ages.
  • Haven't seen umpiring as bad as this in a test match for ages.
    Definitely not a game to burn your reviews on speculative appeals 
  • Good win, last 5 wickets for 7 runs, that’s the way to use a new ball.
  • easy in the end. 

The final test at Oval should be good 

• MrOneLung said:
    easy in the end. 

I hope so. Yes I want England to win, but we really don't want another 3 day Test where one side was thrashed
  • It always irritates me slightly, when you see on pitch interviews (in whatever sport) and they say they can't hear themselves speak because of the amazing atmosphere, when that atmosphere is actually the PA is blasting out loud music to CREATE an atmosphere.

Today was proper atmosphere. Listening to the culmination in the car, the crowd was incredibly loud, without a single DJ needed

• MrOneLung said:
    easy in the end. 

I hope so. Yes I want England to win, but we really don't want another 3 day Test where one side was thrashed
    If it’s England that win I would be more than happy with a three day destruction. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    easy in the end. 

If it’s England that win I would be more than happy with a three day destruction. 
    Me too.  (Partly because I have Day 2 tickets).
  • Echoing all of the above - great performance from England playing proper test cricket. 

Got tickets for Day One at the Oval - should be a cracking test match 
  • Unsurprisingly England's squad is unchanged for the Oval. The other members of the squad are Potts, C Overton and Brook
  • Jordan Cox, Tom Helm, Will Jacks, Olly Stone and Luke Wood all called up for Pakistan T20 series
  • Jason Roy being left out of the T20 WC squad is probably the headline news

"It's about time, we can't have an out of form opener, failing game after game" commented Zak Crawley on hearing the news.
    Roy's form has been poor but I wonder if the issues that caused him to incur a fine and suspended ban might have contributed too.
  • The WC squad in full:

• The WC squad in full:

I understand why but Root really should be in this squad.
  • edited September 2022
    No root and no Roy… although with Buttler opening we don’t need Roy so much 

my guess is root probably ruled himself out of selection? 
  • No root and no Roy… although with Buttler opening we don’t need Roy so much 

my guess is root probably ruled himself out of selection? 
    Malan has the Root role in the T20 side, and has been playing well in the Hundred.