Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Inspection at 4. Drizzle due in 17 mins. Frustrating. 
  • Rain arrived as umpires came out. Covers on. 
  • The umpires waited long enough to ensure it rained when they came out for the pitch inspection.

A shame the umpires at Canterbury weren't so eager to avoid any play...
  • If umpires were paid per hour if play then have played 30 overs by now. 
  • Sorry for the lifers there today. Looks like you'll get a refund either half or full.
    I'm not expecting better tomorrow. 
  • Sorry for the lifers there today. Looks like you'll get a refund either half or full.
    I assume it's a full refund if the day is washed out

I'm still pissed off that having seen just 32 overs, I got no refund of any sort from Lord's 

• I was about to ask this question but didn't want to seem insensitive.  Thanks
    I assume it's a full refund if the day is washed out

I'm still pissed off that having seen just 32 overs, I got no refund of any sort from Lord's 
    Full refund under 15 overs I think 
  • Full refund up to 15 overs.
    15.1 to 30 overs half refund. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Abandoned. Full refunds incoming. Not for beers consumed waiting. 
  • edited September 2022
    So, the match might be delayed further tomorrow with rain due later in the day. Then, if the Queen dies, play will be stopped anyway.

Seems to me its best just to rearrange it like they did with the deciding India Test. Would be a shame to have a decider over just 2 or 3 days. 
  • If only August had more than 31 days so we could then have fitted three Test matches in. Next year August has even less days because we can't even squeeze a single Ashes Test in.
  • Will there be play tomorrow now that The Queen has died ?
  • Tomorrow has been cancelled. No news about other days
  • The Golf was suspended around 6.45pm after the news was released. Still a few players yet to finish round 1 and I feel that there might not be any play Friday.

Football over the weekend will probably be cancelled too. 

• edited September 2022
    Got tickets with pals for Saturday and been looking forward for weeks. Fear the test will be scrapped now 
  • I'm probably gonna get pelters but cancelling sport is absolutely ridiculous... What do we have to do sit inside to prove we are sad?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm probably gonna get pelters but cancelling sport is absolutely ridiculous... What do we have to do sit inside to prove we are sad?
    I have to.agree with you. Life goes on & what are people supposed to do over the weekend if the football, cricket & golf are all cancelled. Sports also takes your mind off things & I'm.sure Her Majesty would not want people just moping around all weekend doing nothing.
    Kind of get your point but as a mark of respect to a lady who devoted her entire life in serving our country, three days without sport isn't a big deal.
  • would the Queen have wanted people to miss out on their sporting action , I don’t think so 
    there’ll be plenty of time around the funeral to pay our respects and everyone deals with things differently.

Kind of get your point but as a mark of respect to a lady who devoted her entire life in serving our country, three days without sport isn't a big deal.
    I was meant to be going to the oval today. Not a big problem for me as i'll get my refund. But I have mates coming down from Durham for the game. They've lost out on train tickets and hotels which isn't cheap. 

I'm not trying to make light of the Queen's death she was an incredible lady. I just don't think halting life is necessary.
    I was meant to be going to the oval today. Not a big problem for me as i'll get my refund. But I have mates coming down from Durham for the game. They've lost out on train tickets and hotels which isn't cheap. 

I'm not trying to make light of the Queen's death she was an incredible lady. I just don't think halting life is necessary.
    The cost for people isn't something I considered and I've changed my view (not that my change of view will change anything).
  • edited September 2022

• Resuming the test tomorrow. An even bigger slap in the face for the people that travelled down for Friday....
  • ECB saying that it could go into a 6th day (Tues) but that is when the SA team are due to fly home.

Nothing like leaving room for contingencies 
  • Talks are ongoing as to whether the test will be extended to a 6th day, Would be ridiculous if there isn't!!!!

The Test is currently set to go ahead as scheduled, meaning Saturday will remain the third day, after no play was possible on day one because of rain.

Discussions are still ongoing with Cricket South Africa about whether it is possible to extend the match to Tuesday, which is when the tourists are scheduled to fly home.

The ECB added there would need to be a consideration for the "additional stresses on London infrastructure and safety" if a sixth day is to be arranged.