Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• But then how many England players liked Kevin Pietersen? I'm sure not all his team mates liked Boycott.

It's not as if England's white ball team has been great this summer, and Hales would disrupt a winning team
    I think you've hit the nail on the head in mentioning KP. Teams will give far more leeway to players who will make the difference to winning and losing. Hales hasn't been at that level because we have had, until now, players who have fulfilled his role. KP was world class but was eventually sacked. Boycott was dropped for his selfishness. At some point, if they push it too far, even the superstars end up being left out. 
  • harry brook to make his debut in place of the injured YJB. Otherwise unchanged.
  • But then how many England players liked Kevin Pietersen? I'm sure not all his team mates liked Boycott.

It's not as if England's white ball team has been great this summer, and Hales would disrupt a winning team
    you've just named 2 england players who's careers got cut short because they were dickheads.

you've just named 2 england players who's careers got cut short because they were dickheads.
    As both got over 100 Test caps, they were hardly that excluded from the side

As both got over 100 Test caps, they were hardly that excluded from the side
    because they had considerably more talent than alex hales.
  • At the Oval tomorrow. Forecast doesn't look too bad according to MetCheck who are generally the most accurate. Rain about but we should get a decent number of overs in
    From what I've seen it should be ok from 3pm onwards tomorrow and also Friday morning. Showers otherwise. 

More interested in the golf from.Wentworth. better for the players who got the draw late then early as they should have the better weather. Those going out early tomorrow & late Friday could get a bit wet.
  • Let's hope they are speedier at getting the game back on compared to how slow they were at Edgbaston where the crowd were bathed in sunshine for 2 hours watching the covers.....
    Also due there tomorrow.
    ECB board currently in their board meeting at my office. 
  • We're going Friday.
  • I ll be there Friday, if I see cricket it will be a bonus but no doubt I ll be in good company with a glass in my hand. Weather excepted there is nothing in the world I would rather do than watch a days test cricket in the sunshine with like minded friends 
  • edited September 2022
    lolwray said:
    I ll be there Friday, if I see cricket it will be a bonus but no doubt I ll be in good company with a glass in my hand. Weather excepted there is nothing in the world I would rather do than watch a days test cricket in the sunshine with like minded friends 
    That’s lovely. 
    I’m excited for our last home cricket match of 2022. 
  • Sponsored links:

• bit of cloud here in london but should be good to go.
  • Had showers in down town Charlton
  • Won toss. We bowl. Play due to start at 11.30. Been sat in sun for 20 mins. Big rain cloud moving over. Forecasts not great…. 
  • Raining everywhere except that famously dry place, Manchester 
  • Filthy here in Swanley. I expect it to be over the Oval in a short while.
  • Didn't realise Bairstow's injury is a suspected broken leg.

How do you do that playing golf?!

Alex Hales attacked him with a sand wedge, he'd do anything to get back in the England side
  • I don't hold out hope of much play 

I got sent something on whatsapp saying that Stokes tackled him as a joke on the 18th green as he was about to putt to win a sizeable amount of money - no wonder they've kept it quiet
  • Sponsored links:

• Sat in seats at oval. Undercover. Just bought tickets for Sunday. 

I got sent something on whatsapp saying that Stokes tackled him as a joke on the 18th green as he was about to putt to win a sizeable amount of money - no wonder they've kept it quiet
    Confirmed as completely made up. Jonny has never played at the golf club the guy who started that claimed to work at, he has also insisted he has not seen ben since the end of the last test.
  • I’m no expert, but scheduling cricket for the second week in September in England is just a tad risky?
  • I’m no expert, but scheduling cricket for the second week in September in England is just a tad risky?
    yeah wouldn't seem the wisest move looking at the forecast 
    Tell that to ECB who, as guardians and promoters of the game, scheduled the England v India Women's series of 6 matches from 10th to 24th September.  That starts more than 4 weeks after both sides last played.

Almost as if ECB is complacent and inept...oh wait 
  • Inspection at 1.30 if no more rain. 
  • Playing at Canterbury but then that is an area that is known for its own micro climate 
  • Playing at Canterbury but then that is an area that is known for its own micro climate 
    Its saved you enough times
  • bit of cloud here in london but should be good to go.
    Ahem 
  • glorious sunshine from 2.30. Inspection 3.10.