Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    It gets worse every week. We do actually have recognised strikers at the club, albeit young or off to Chelsea, but we are refusing to play them. Nothing I've seen from Leko has shown me that he is a striker. 

Jacko is either very smart or very stupid. 
    I’m not certain what the hell Leko  is to be honest.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Afternoon Oggy and the matchday crew. Crossbars appears full to the brim with people enjoying themselves. Suspect I’m the only one whose seen the team. Gonna rename my miserable position Golfie Corner :-) 

I reckon 9 of the 10 outfield players have played midfield / wing back this season 
  • Options
    We brought in 2 young Premiership loanees during the January window. To date neither have started & Castillo has had just 1 sub appearance.

Total waste of time, especially as today it looks like we are playing Purrington at left wingback. 
  • Options
    OS expecting 3-5-2 again

CM
              Clare Inniss Purrington
    Matthews    Dobson       Jaiyesimi
                   Gilbey Morgan
                 Leko       Lee
  • Options
    We brought in 2 young Premiership loanees during the January window. To date neither have started & Castillo has had just 1 sub appearance.

Total waste of time, especially as today it looks like we are playing Purrington at left wingback. 
    Two sub appearances from Castillo ;) 
  • Options
    Interesting team selection.  Defensive looking bench . Playing for a point ? 
  • Options
    who needs defenders when we can play an all out attack of erm... Leko... 
  • Options

More likely he's in the central three if we line up anything like we did against Wigan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    3 Central defenders on the bench 
    And only one in the side, with no strikers.  Anyone else losing faith ?  Some sympathy with strikers out - I assume Kanu is also injured .  

If you look at what's available on the bench, I think it makes a lot more sense.

Clare has been (for the most part) very good on the right of a back three. I'd rather have him there than any of the options on the bench.

On the other side, it's a battle between Purrington and Famewo. Given how Famewo has been playing lately, I'm not surprised we've gone with the "steady eddy" in Benaldo Purringtinho.
    I want what you are drinking if you think he’s steady . 
  • Options
    Most exciting thing is the prospect of Campbell coming on. From seeing a bit of the Brighton youth cup game he could potentially offer more than Burstow or Kanu - looked very dangerous running at Brighton, a similar type of player to Lookman.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    3 Central defenders on the bench 
    And only one in the side, with no strikers.  Anyone else losing faith ?  Some sympathy with strikers out - I assume Kanu is also injured .  

If you look at what's available on the bench, I think it makes a lot more sense.

Clare has been (for the most part) very good on the right of a back three. I'd rather have him there than any of the options on the bench.

On the other side, it's a battle between Purrington and Famewo. Given how Famewo has been playing lately, I'm not surprised we've gone with the "steady eddy" in Benaldo Purringtinho.
    I want what you are drinking if you think he’s steady . 

Only using Curbs nickname for him.
  • Options
    One recognised centre half playing, three on the bench. Absolute madness. Have sympathy with the striking situation but why play with only one centre half? Is JJ trying to lose his job?
    It's an absolute nonsense. We need some height in the team if nothing else. JJ has lost the plot. If he needs 1 of the centre backs to be ball-playing, then let's give Elerewe some match time.

Pathetic.
  • Options

Why not go and help @LargeAddick with his sewage problem? :You'd have a lot more fun!   :smiley:

• Options
    I think I might switch the coverage on and not bother with the match thread today with all the moaning, blimey.

Six wins in eight home games under Jacko. I think he might have some idea what he's doing.
    Maybe he should apply himself and know what he’s doing when goes away then. What ever way we try and polish this up, that side doesn’t fill anyone with confidence I’d say, looking a bit Bowyeresque random. Not all JJs fault but don’t exaggerate the issue with poor positional selections. We may get a point if we keep a clean sheet.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    It was unexplicable playing with 1 centre back last week, and lack of defenders is why we lost.
    What is the reason today? Losing belief in Jacko.
  • Options
    One recognised centre half playing, three on the bench. Absolute madness. Have sympathy with the striking situation but why play with only one centre half? Is JJ trying to lose his job?
    It's an absolute nonsense. We need some height in the team if nothing else. JJ has lost the plot. If he needs 1 of the centre backs to be ball-playing, then let's give Elerewe some match time.

Pathetic.
    Clare and Lavelle are both 6 ft 2, but as Clare is seen as a midfielder I guess we deduct 4 inches?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Good to see Merv in the studio, looking a bit dapper, nice to see someone has made an effort.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    It was unexplicable playing with 1 centre back last week, and lack of defenders is why we lost.
    What is the reason today? Losing belief in Jacko.
    Bigger reason was our limited options up front
  • Options
    what is Jackson basically saying I didn’t want those loan players you brought in 
  • Options
    Heading to the ground on a train, just saw the team I might turn around and go home 😀
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Pathetic.
    Clare and Lavelle are both 6 ft 2, but as Clare is seen as a midfielder I guess we deduct 4 inches?
    Ok I'll rephrase, we need more than just Innis to win defensive corners.
    Watch what happens when we concede a corner today. Mass panic, same as last week I assume.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Scoham said:

Pathetic.
    Ok I'll rephrase, we need more than just Innis to win defensive corners.
    Watch what happens when we concede a corner today. Mass panic, same as last week I assume.
    Maybe Craig mac.Has been practising not getting stuck on his line.
  • Options
    Jacko says they’ve been working on a “tactical tweak” during the week that involves bringing Ablie back into the team in the place of Burstow.
  • Options
    Christ alive, that line-up is rancid. There's no right answers here. Either it's the usual formation with Purrington at CB, DJ on the left and Lee up front, it's 4-4-2 with Clare as CB in a four and Albie or Gilbey wide mid. Could be the diamond with Dobson deep and DJ at the tip of the diamond for some reason, or it could be our old friend 4-3-3 with Lee, DJ and Leko taking up three of the spots (doesn't matter which, bad each way). Whichever it is, bloody hell, I'm going to bed
  • Options
    It is puzzling. Just hoping JJ’s got it right and Charlton Life has got it wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!