Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Make or break for Leko imo
    Why? If we’re still lacking strikers on Tuesday, he’ll be leading the line again even if he stinks the place out today..
  • Options
    FotMob also suggesting 4-2-3-1 with DJ up top.

Interesting to say the least.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    The weather looks absolutely dreadful. 
    It usually is in the UK. :wink:

• Options
    We brought in 2 young Premiership loanees during the January window. To date neither have started & Castillo has had just 1 sub appearance.

Total waste of time, especially as today it looks like we are playing Purrington at left wingback. 
    Got Purrington on the pitch for his goals..
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?
    Alan Campbell, of course. He's making his comeback. :wink:

If Zimmer frames are allowed then Oggy, me and you must still be in with a shout 😉.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    paulfox said:
    I think I might switch the coverage on and not bother with the match thread today with all the moaning, blimey.

Six wins in eight home games under Jacko. I think he might have some idea what he's doing.
    Maybe he should apply himself and know what he’s doing when goes away then. What ever way we try and polish this up, that side doesn’t fill anyone with confidence I’d say, looking a bit Bowyeresque random. Not all JJs fault but don’t exaggerate the issue with poor positional selections. We may get a point if we keep a clean sheet.🤷🏻‍♂️
    It amazes me that people think a bloke who’s been in the game for 20+ years as a player, coach and now manager is so stupid that he can’t see that he’s got three defenders on the bench.

He knows. He just needs players on those positions that have different qualities.
    Tbh every manager gets questioned for the selection, gets told they don't know what they are doing or have lost the plot........

People with far more experience and pedigree as managers and players than Jackson get it, is Jackson exempt for "reasons"?

I don't really see the point of Lavelle and Pearce both being on the bench, although it doesn't really matter if the option was no one, Gunter, Watson or Souare. 
  • Options
    We brought in 2 young Premiership loanees during the January window. To date neither have started & Castillo has had just 1 sub appearance.

Total waste of time, especially as today it looks like we are playing Purrington at left wingback. 
    Got Purrington on the pitch for his goals..
    At last, someone posts a positive on the Match Thread! :smile:

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    I wonder how many times a team have started with just 1 centre back and no strikers - can’t imagine its very often.
    Everyone's retrained, it's fine 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dizzle said:

👀
    Diallang JaiyeMessi as the false 9… surely not?
    He did play as a 9 for Swindon... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Absolutely no chance. Who partners Inniss? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    I think I might switch the coverage on and not bother with the match thread today with all the moaning, blimey.

Six wins in eight home games under Jacko. I think he might have some idea what he's doing.
    Maybe he should apply himself and know what he’s doing when goes away then. What ever way we try and polish this up, that side doesn’t fill anyone with confidence I’d say, looking a bit Bowyeresque random. Not all JJs fault but don’t exaggerate the issue with poor positional selections. We may get a point if we keep a clean sheet.🤷🏻‍♂️
    It amazes me that people think a bloke who’s been in the game for 20+ years as a player, coach and now manager is so stupid that he can’t see that he’s got three defenders on the bench.

He knows. He just needs players on those positions that have different qualities.
    Tbh every manager gets questioned for the selection, gets told they don't know what they are doing or have lost the plot........

People with far more experience and pedigree as managers and players than Jackson get it, is Jackson exempt for "reasons"?

I don't really see the point of Lavelle and Pearce both being on the bench, although it doesn't really matter if the option was no one, Gunter, Watson or Souare. 
    I'd rather have Clayden than the 3rd centre back.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Why not go and help @LargeAddick with his sewage problem? :You'd have a lot more fun!   :smiley:

That's living out in the sticks for you. 
  • Options
    Sky are saying Leko up front 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?
    Alan Campbell, of course. He's making his comeback. :wink:

If Zimmer frames are allowed then Oggy, me and you must still be in with a shout 😉.
    No, not me I'm afraid - my ankle's gone. Bit like Jacko's legs.

And his footballing nous, if you believe what many are writing on here.  :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Why not go and help @LargeAddick with his sewage problem? :You'd have a lot more fun!   :smiley:

That has to be a euphemism….
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    arny23394 said:
    I wonder how many times a team have started with just 1 centre back and no strikers - can’t imagine its very often.
    Everyone's retrained, it's fine 
    It’s the Dutch way of playing from way back when, nothing ground breaking everyone is interchangeable 😉.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Elliott, of course. He's re-trained.  :wink:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If we're playing Clare at CB in a 4, I will declare you the greatest user of Charlton Life ever and basically start worshipping you as a god 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:

I'd rather have Clayden than the 3rd centre back.
    He's on loan at Wealdstone now isn't he?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    That is possibly the worst Charlton starting 11  I have ever seen.  The aggregate goal threat of a partially worn  rubber glove.

A suicide note rather than a credible team sheet. 

At least we have three centre backs on the bench in case we need to grab a goal at the death.  

Why not have a few youngsters included ?

Disturbing how we seem to have lost the plot. 

Come on now Grumpy you’re in the same age bracket as me. We’ve seen some far worse line ups down the years. It’s not the the team I would have picked but don’t over egg the pudding 😉
    Fair dos.

But really uninspiring.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?

Wichita Lineman? Who’s the ref? 😉
    Do you mean Wichita Assistant Referee?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Elliott, of course. He's re-trained.  :wink:

Oi, I already called back to that! 
  • Options
    Stockley is actually fit and available today, but has been dropped after a blazing row with Jacko over ketchup
    I didn’t think he looked HP
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?

The man in black .....

Young Johnny Cash Wallpaper posted by Christopher Sellers
  • Options
    Really enjoying the pre match chat in the studio with Scott, Curbs, and Merv, and seeing those two goals in the play off against Leeds from Shirtliff,,against Merv in goal for Leeds at the time... B)
    We of course deserved to win that one, although Merv would disagree...good banter and memories from all three today,..
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    That is possibly the worst Charlton starting 11  I have ever seen.  The aggregate goal threat of a partially worn  rubber glove.

A suicide note rather than a credible team sheet. 

At least we have three centre backs on the bench in case we need to grab a goal at the death.  

Why not have a few youngsters included ?

Disturbing how we seem to have lost the plot. 

Come on now Grumpy you’re in the same age bracket as me. We’ve seen some far worse line ups down the years. It’s not the the team I would have picked but don’t over egg the pudding 😉
    Fair dos.

But really uninspiring.  
    Everyone is entitled to some over dramatic license!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?

Do you mean Wichita Assistant Referee?
    Pedant, I’m old school, once a lino always a lino 😉
  • Options
    Ah right Tyreece Campbell. 
  • Options
    Can anybody get the feed to work?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    If we're playing Clare at CB in a 4, I will declare you the greatest user of Charlton Life ever and basically start worshipping you as a god 
    If we're playing Clare at CB in a 4, it'll probably drive me to drink.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!