Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    FotMob also suggesting 4-2-3-1 with DJ up top.

Interesting to say the least.
    Absolutely no chance. Who partners Inniss? 
    Elliott, of course. He's re-trained.  :wink:

Oi, I already called back to that! 
    Yes, of course, you did. Sorry.

And Elliot Lee can now thank you for your flash of genius.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    FotMob also suggesting 4-2-3-1 with DJ up top.

Interesting to say the least.
    How on earth would they know? It’s obviously going to be the usual 352.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    I think I might switch the coverage on and not bother with the match thread today with all the moaning, blimey.

Six wins in eight home games under Jacko. I think he might have some idea what he's doing.
    Maybe he should apply himself and know what he’s doing when goes away then. What ever way we try and polish this up, that side doesn’t fill anyone with confidence I’d say, looking a bit Bowyeresque random. Not all JJs fault but don’t exaggerate the issue with poor positional selections. We may get a point if we keep a clean sheet.🤷🏻‍♂️
    It amazes me that people think a bloke who’s been in the game for 20+ years as a player, coach and now manager is so stupid that he can’t see that he’s got three defenders on the bench.

He knows. He just needs players on those positions that have different qualities.
    Having lots of experience doesn't make you a good manager.   The system hasn't been working in the main.   Too many square pegs in round holes.

Let's hope the "tweak" works.   I am confident that if 90% of the people on here are concerned about our line up, there probably IS an issue.

Despite you saying otherwise. 
  • Options
    That’s all I get??
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sky are saying Leko up front 
    If we're playing Clare at CB in a 4, I will declare you the greatest user of Charlton Life ever and basically start worshipping you as a god 
    It's not my suggestion it's what the media outlets are suggesting.
  • Options
    That’s all I get??
    It's a kindly gesture to spare you sitting through 2 hours of dross this afternoon.

• Options
    Fucking dreadful line up. Could get battered here
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial
    GAME TIME 🧠 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s all I get??
    Working fine from Paris, where are you based, try re-booting, but it is fine with me 
  • Options
    Any spare seats! Only a few seats left on OS. So couldn't get 5 together 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?
    Noami.

Picked for her height.
  • Options
    Oxford's giant flag looks like a pair of blue Y-fronts ffs
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    I think I might switch the coverage on and not bother with the match thread today with all the moaning, blimey.

Six wins in eight home games under Jacko. I think he might have some idea what he's doing.
    Maybe he should apply himself and know what he’s doing when goes away then. What ever way we try and polish this up, that side doesn’t fill anyone with confidence I’d say, looking a bit Bowyeresque random. Not all JJs fault but don’t exaggerate the issue with poor positional selections. We may get a point if we keep a clean sheet.🤷🏻‍♂️
    It amazes me that people think a bloke who’s been in the game for 20+ years as a player, coach and now manager is so stupid that he can’t see that he’s got three defenders on the bench.

He knows. He just needs players on those positions that have different qualities.
    Tbh every manager gets questioned for the selection, gets told they don't know what they are doing or have lost the plot........

People with far more experience and pedigree as managers and players than Jackson get it, is Jackson exempt for "reasons"?

I don't really see the point of Lavelle and Pearce both being on the bench, although it doesn't really matter if the option was no one, Gunter, Watson or Souare. 
    I'd rather have Clayden than the 3rd centre back.
    Gone out on loan. 
  • Options
    Apart from Innis can't see who might score for us.  
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Who is Campbell?
    Noami.

Picked for her height.
    A model example, Golfie. 

• Options
    Weirdly Coral are giving longer odds on Oxford than CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Oh look Sean Clare RCB
  • Options
    That’s all I get??
    Working fine from Paris, where are you based, try re-booting, but it is fine with me 
    I’m just trying to listen to the commentary from London
  • Options
    Apart from Innis can't see who might score for us.  
    The Mighty Purr…
  • Options
    Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·
    Former United man Elliot Lee finds space down the right but his cross is cut out by Long
  • Options
    GILBEY GODDAMMIT
  • Options
    Matthews is so slow on the ball, frustrating
  • Options
    Aarrrggghhhh!

Good bit of work by Leko on the right side of the box but Gilbey mis-controlled the inside pass when he just had the keeper to beat.

That's unlike him.
  • Options
    Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·
     Leko gets to the byline and pulls it back for Gilbey but he can't sort his feet out and McNally steps in to clear the ball away

#CAFC 0-0 #OU
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!