Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Thomas Sandgaard Thu 3 March - link to meeting notes p9

Comments

• Options
    @aliwibble with the CEO question, looking into it, but not a priority, says there would be a need for a local CEO to catch bad habits and weirdness that exists at the club that he can't do remotely (I guess a ceo is important after all) will most probably be a non football person not that important as it's the entertainment business. 
  • Options
    Speaks far too much about how we should play and should play where for my liking.
    Without acquiring help it will take us years and years to ever move this club forward 
  • Options
    @aliwibble with the CEO question, looking into it, but not a priority, says there would be a need for a local CEO to catch bad habits and weirdness that exists at the club that he can't do remotely (I guess a ceo is important after all) will most probably be a non football person not that important as it's the entertainment business. 
    I'm tempted to ask what "bad habits and weirdness" he's talking about, although I fear it may be people saying "don't do that, we tried it a few years ago and it went pearshaped".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2022
    Great that Thomas does interviews and turns up for the Q&A but he does ramble on. I am not sure if he answers the question answered. He doesn't look enthused to be here but fair play to him for attending, when clearly he is not keen.
    The £100m question answer was not right though. Duchatelet took a lot amount out of the club and he has still got hold of the Valley.
    The two Heathers are good. Heather Alderson, asks the core of the question, taking the spikey bits out. Heather McKinlay much more direct.

• Options
    Pretty savage talking about Burstow 
  • Options
    is dodging the "how long will we see the youth before theyre flogged question" to be fair, that depends on how good and how much they can be worth I guess
  • Options
    Arguing on the Chat tab is beginning to grate.
  • Options
    Arguing on the Chat tab is beginning to grate.
    Why face to face meetings are a good thing 
  • Options
    THe boss man´s input on recruitment is making sure we dont deviate away from the type of player the club wants, age, playing style etc. watches the scouting videos as well, look for deals in higher leagues for example, players out of favour - sounds like how we picked Arter, sounded good in theory but I guess the reason WHY he was out of favour didnt crop up.
  • Options
    Good TS loves his son. Not sure if running a company in a different industry (did he have good people around him to achieve that ?) really helps with working in a football club. Heather attempting to get TS to answer the question. Data analysis and process ? Heather A. is not looking that convinced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     aliwibble said:
    Given the news of Chris Parkes' and Mick Everett's retirements, I'd probably go with "As the club are soon to lose two staff with more than 50 years' combined experience, institutional knowledge and cultivated relationships within the wider football world, the absence of a dedicated CEO with experience of English football becomes even more glaring. Is the search for a UK based CEO under way yet, if so who is assisting you to find the person with the right experience and qualities for the role, and if not how do you justify doing the job yourself when you're unable to be present on a day-to-day basis?"
    Based on this I’d probably offer you the CEO job
  • Options
    vff said:
    Great that Thomas does interviews and turns up for the Q&A but he does ramble on. I am not sure if he answers the question answered. He doesn't look enthused to be here but fair play to him for attending, when clearly he is not keen.
    The £100m question answer was not right though. Duchatelet took a lot amount out of the club and he has still got hold of the Valley.
    The two Heathers are good. Heather Alderson, asks the core of the question, taking the spikey bits out. Heather McKinlay much more direct.

The thought that has just occurred to me is that Thomas would make a great politician. He speaks a lot but at the end of his speech its difficult to work out what he has said.

As you say, fair play to him turning up but I'm not really sure this format is that successful. 
    It’s not the formats fault, he just doesn’t have good answers to the questions put to him. 
  • Options
    Really concerned that Jackson might not have the bottle or clout to tell this fella to keep his nose out of how and who we should play.

Listening to him it sounds like more than just a bit of ownership input. Must be a right pain in the arse.
    Won't end well
  • Options
    vff said:

The thought that has just occurred to me is that Thomas would make a great politician. He speaks a lot but at the end of his speech its difficult to work out what he has said.

As you say, fair play to him turning up but I'm not really sure this format is that successful. 
    It’s not the formats fault, he just doesn’t have good answers to the questions put to him. 
    I take your point but he's being asked questions that he can't - or at least shouldn't - give a straight answer to. If he does, it will cause issues.
  • Options
    How far in and no one’s asked him about his suntan cream dispensing armpit ffs?