Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Thomas Sandgaard Thu 3 March - link to meeting notes p9

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to this more than our next match
  • Options
    Thomas has said to me he has spent 15m of his own money since he has been at the club. He also says he has enough money to finance the club for decades. But will apply good business practices along the way. 
  • Options
    Thomas has said to me he has spent 15m of his own money since he has been at the club. He also says he has enough money to finance the club for decades. But will apply good business practices along the way. 
    That is probably under the assumption things will turn around and investment in the longer term will come from player sales.
  • Options
    Financing the club as it is, which is maintaining a consistent level of shitness?
    Or spending a lot more to get promotion?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Can you please play your song when the players walk out at every home game? - it’s the only time we seem to get a point and not concede.
  • Options

That's fine, and I'm all for 'good business practices'.  But it doesn't tie in with the original aim of Premier League within 5 years.

Financing the Club for decades sounds like maintaining the status quo ... rather than speculating to achieve the stated ambition.

Sandgaard clearly underestimated the cost and difficulty involved.  Next time that you chat with him, ask him to modify the ambitions please (the timescale at least) ... or recruit those 200 sales reps and get us out of League 1 before we all become Russian.
  • Options
    So he said losses will be £8m this year so that’s £80m a decade unless he finds a miracle to reduce losses….

…. and he’ll be here for decades, yeah right!  and based on the first 18 months what a poor prospect 
  • Options
    The replies he gives are always very bullish. Other posters have pointed out that as CEO of a listed company that's the norm. It's all PR at the end of the day. One of the other things he has said which I've found quite interesting is this.

"As an example the various owners before Roland had managed to accumulate a Net Operating Loss of GBP 100 mill – “doing another Derby”

Is this accurate? I would not know. But I'm pretty sure that unless he sells up which he says he has no intention of doing then its gonna be an interesting journey for us all. I've even suggest he gives the club to the trust if he decides to call it quits. But he gave no response to that one:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evening Thomas.
    Any update on the free away train travel?
  • Options
    this "meeting" will be a big test for CAST, while remaining polite to TS they need to be willing to articulate our questions with follow ups that do not let him off the hook, we need answers and this is our only chance to get them.

Please CAST find your metaphorical balls, we will be watching
    Hence why a face to face meeting is required. Would like to see him read the room 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The #1 question for me: He has said before that when it comes to transfer policy, it's about stability and not signing 10+ players each season. Does he recognise that the current core group of players are not good/motivated enough, and that we need to replace them at the end of the season?
    That's a good question and is about where I feel. Maybe a few less than 10 this season, maybe 3-4 permies and 2-3 loans. 

• Options
    @Weegie Addick   my question of possible please (I don't know how to pre-submit otherwise):

When Thomas arrived he made a statement along the lines of his business plan being top 6 play offs last season and hopefully promotion but not in the plan.  Then promotion this season. 

With this now clearly an impossibility how does the business plan re-set and how long do the finances allow him to continue underwriting the inevitable losses we suffer whilst in L1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Weegie Addick   my question of possible please (I don't know how to pre-submit otherwise):

When Thomas arrived he made a statement along the lines of his business plan being top 6 play offs last season and hopefully promotion but not in the plan.  Then promotion this season. 

With this now clearly an impossibility how does the business plan re-set and how long do the finances allow him to continue underwriting the inevitable losses we suffer whilst in L1.
    You can pre submit questions to secretary@castrust.org

https://www.castrust.org/2022/02/last-call-for-sandgaard-qa-march-3rd/

BUT you can rest assured that we have already received a number of questions along those lines
  • Options
    I can't attend on Thursday.

Will it be recorded so others can catch up?
  • Options
    Please could someone ask why was it deemed prudent to leave recruitment so late that the squad wasn't completed until 7 games in and took another 5-7 to get players fit. Why did we think we could give teams a 10-15 game headstart over us?

With the lack of appearences and reports of some of the loan players not being up to the necessary standard, who is suggesting these recruits?

What evidence is there of the success for the recruitment team when our squad is one of the weakest in memory with a number of players with long standing fitness issues? Does the black box need resetting and utilised with experienced football people?

Do Zynex employ people in senior positions who have little to no experience in that actual field? Can he explain the process he used to select the members of his band other than being friends with the members? Why that specific drummer etc? Why did he not choose someone from a school band? Does Mr Sandgaard think it is better to utilise the skills of experienced professionals?

(Ok, the last section was a little facetious) 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    This could be dynamite. Lots of stuff to cover. Really don't envy the folks at CAST on this one.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Nothing of substance comes out at any of these sorts of Q&A's.

Whether that is because important questions that need answering urgently deliberately aren't submitted, or (more likely in this case) that the questions will simply be fudged/answered with waffle and spin.

Really hope to be proved wrong of course.
    And then if the answers that are forthcoming are scrutinised people complain that that’s unfair too.
  • Options
    The commercial matchday revenues when we were in the Prem compared to what they are now are surely worlds apart and largely irrelevant if they ever were at that level?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I think it’s fair to say TS’s over enthusiasm has got the better of him (at the moment).

Absolute truth and honesty is hard to come by, I’m sure his intentions are good, and he means well, but sky high promises are always going to disappoint, I don’t think the ‘difficult questions’ will be asked or answered truthfully , because they are frankly embarrassing to ask, and embarrassing to admit we cocked up.

What I’d like to know is why Thomas thought Nigel didn’t work out, and what did / didn’t  Happen last summer in the transfer window, and why does Thomas believe this summer will be any better if we don’t get good business done early?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    razil said:
    The commercial matchday revenues when we were in the Prem compared to what they are now are surely worlds apart and largely irrelevant if they ever were at that level?
    I’m sure it’s very easy to look at the books 20 years later and hypothesise but if you weren’t there, or even in the country, and you don’t know the context, and haven’t even been in football before, it would be presumptuous in the extreme to venture a public opinion.
  • Options
    razil said:
    I’m sure it’s very easy to look at the books 20 years later and hypothesise but if you weren’t there, or even in the country, and you don’t know the context, and haven’t even been in football before, it would be presumptuous in the extreme to venture a public opinion.
    As I said just can’t see how it was relevant, Championship maybe, but not Prem where tv money outstrips everything by a huge margin