Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Thomas Sandgaard Thu 3 March - link to meeting notes p9

Comments

• Options
    Whatever that figure is I have on good authority that Thomas can fund the club for decades. He plans to be around for years.
    Thanks for the info Dagenham. While it is true that when I was the same age as Thomas is now (61) I probably thought I was going on for decades. Now at 69 I am a knackered old git.  There are always a few that buck the trend, noticeably Warren Buffett and, seemingly, an endless stream of US Presidents. But the law of averages and reality says Sandgaard is not going to be around Charlton for decades. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Nothing of substance comes out at any of these sorts of Q&A's.

Whether that is because important questions that need answering urgently deliberately aren't submitted, or (more likely in this case) that the questions will simply be fudged/answered with waffle and spin.

Really hope to be proved wrong of course.

Have you submitted one?

Earlier in the season there was a Q+A with Gallen and Roddy where I submitted a pretty terse question about Roddy which CAST asked pretty much word for word.  Gallen actually laughed when he heard it given it referred to the worst piece of football regulation ever written (EPPP).  So they didn't shy away from that.  Of course it would have been useful to have a follow up as Roddy gave a ballshit response but when you have so many fans dial in there is only so much air time you can give each question.
  • Options
    I'll second that, aliwibble. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Given the news of Chris Parkes' and Mick Everett's retirements, I'd probably go with "As the club are soon to lose two staff with more than 50 years' combined experience, institutional knowledge and cultivated relationships within the wider football world, the absence of a dedicated CEO with experience of English football becomes even more glaring. Is the search for UK based CEO under way yet, if so who is assisting you to find the person with the right experience and qualities for the role, and if not how do you justify doing the job yourself when you're unable to be present on a day-to-day basis?"
    Bingo.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Given the news of Chris Parkes' and Mick Everett's retirements, I'd probably go with "As the club are soon to lose two staff with more than 50 years' combined experience, institutional knowledge and cultivated relationships within the wider football world, the absence of a dedicated CEO with experience of English football becomes even more glaring. Is the search for UK based CEO under way yet, if so who is assisting you to find the person with the right experience and qualities for the role, and if not how do you justify doing the job yourself when you're unable to be present on a day-to-day basis?"
    That’s good 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bang on the money. And you can add the imminent departure of our groundsman to that list. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bang on the money. And you can add the imminent departure of our groundsman to that list. 

"You know ... being the Head of large organization in the US is the same as being the Head of a football Club in the UK.  It's a business ... right?  And I am a successful business man.

I'm here quite a lot.  Also,  I now have my son, Marden, here too.  And he can be my eyes and ears on the ground.  So, we're pretty confident about things.  You don't have to worry."
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    aliwibble said:

"You know ... being the Head of large organization in the US is the same as being the Head of a football Club in the UK.  It's a business ... right?  And I am a successful business man.

I'm here quite a lot.  Also,  I now have my son, Marden, here too.  And he can be my eyes and ears on the ground.  So, we're pretty confident about things.  You don't have to worry."
    I know you are joking but sadly that's how I think he sees it. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Whether that is because important questions that need answering urgently deliberately aren't submitted, or (more likely in this case) that the questions will simply be fudged/answered with waffle and spin.

Have you submitted one?

Earlier in the season there was a Q+A with Gallen and Roddy where I submitted a pretty terse question about Roddy which CAST asked pretty much word for word.  Gallen actually laughed when he heard it given it referred to the worst piece of football regulation ever written (EPPP).  So they didn't shy away from that.  Of course it would have been useful to have a follow up as Roddy gave a ballshit response but when you have so many fans dial in there is only so much air time you can give each question.
    'Have you submitted one?' - a bizarre question since I stated my view about these things.

The fact that you had a question submitted which got a 'ballshit response' (sic) which wasn't followed up on can only solidify my view.

There'll be a lot more questions than answers that come out of this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boggzy said:
    boggzy said:

Have you submitted one?

'Have you submitted one?' - a bizarre question since I stated my view about these things.

The fact that you had a question submitted which got a 'ballshit response' (sic) which wasn't followed up on can only solidify my view.

There'll be a lot more questions than answers that come out of this. 
    You stated your view that maybe questions were deliberately not submitted. I thought that part of your post was unfair so asked if you had submitted one.  Not having a go at you. Just, if you want a specific question asked then submit it.  Will you get a fudged answer- I don't know, you can but try.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    aliwibble said:

You make him sound like Swiss Tony. But then, Danish Tommy isnt that much of a stretch I suppose.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Whatever that figure is I have on good authority that Thomas can fund the club for decades. He plans to be around for years.
    Thanks for the info Dagenham. While it is true that when I was the same age as Thomas is now (61) I probably thought I was going on for decades. Now at 69 I am a knackered old git.  There are always a few that buck the trend, noticeably Warren Buffett and, seemingly, an endless stream of US Presidents. But the law of averages and reality says Sandgaard is not going to be around Charlton for decades. 
    Maybe Thomas himself will be happy to hand over the reins at some point in the future.
    Any coincidence that his son Martin is being immersed in aspects of day to day running of the club?

Maybe Thomas wants to build a dynasty? :smile:

• Options
    People may benefit from revisiting the Q&As from the same session 15 months ago

https://www.castrust.org/2020/12/thomas-sandgaard-meets-the-fans/
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    aliwibble said:

I know you are joking but sadly that's how I think he sees it. 

Sadly, I wasn't joking.  And I pretty much got the BBC Radio London interview word for word.

It's exactly how Sandgaard thinks and why we are doomed to failure against his stated objectives.

Look out for job ads at The Valley for 'product promotional agents' (aka Sales reps) as we take our new brand of soccer football to the global market.

"Hey, Marden.  Soccer's not so big in the Pacific right now and there's more than 2 million people out there.  Why don't we do 'bring a Maori for a pound?".
  • Options
    Question: If Marden knows 10-times more about football than you, shouldn’t he be here answering these questions?
  • Options
    Question: When Marden was a kid and just starting out to knowing everything about football did he ever kick a ball against a wall and completely destroy the wall?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Given the news of Chris Parkes' and Mick Everett's retirements, I'd probably go with "As the club are soon to lose two staff with more than 50 years' combined experience, institutional knowledge and cultivated relationships within the wider football world, the absence of a dedicated CEO with experience of English football becomes even more glaring. Is the search for a UK based CEO under way yet, if so who is assisting you to find the person with the right experience and qualities for the role, and if not how do you justify doing the job yourself when you're unable to be present on a day-to-day basis?"
    Spot on @aliwibble 👏🏻

This question definitely must be put to Thomas. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully members will be fully clothed for this meeting.  We don't want any distractions.
    Can't make any promises mate.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    When are the new st prices being announced.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    aliwibble said:

You make him sound like Swiss Tony. But then, Danish Tommy isnt that much of a stretch I suppose.
    ‘You simply get your gratification then invite your son to have a go.’
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    When are the new st prices being announced.
    I don’t think anyones buying season tickets next season, we’re all getting freebies!
  • Options
    season tickets I understand to be discussed at next Fans Forum
  • Options
    razil said:
    season tickets I understand to be discussed at next Fans Forum
    That’s 2 weeks today then 
  • Options
    Will this be recorded? I can’t make it now.