Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Thomas Sandgaard Thu 3 March - link to meeting notes p9

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Why are we so shit?

Or words to that effect.
    I think you're on the right track but I think the question I want the answer to is:

"when are we going to stop being so shit?"
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I think if you are going to ask a question in this vein, a better one would be, "how are you going to stop us being so shit"
  • Options
    Sage said:
    And before anyone says, I am not trying to be cheap, I think £400 is the absolute maximum a season ticket should be especially at this level. That’s just over £17 a game. It’s still a lot of money.

I know people get very emotionally attached to their seat but there are literally thousands available for less than £300 aren't there?  I don't see a problem with having different price tiers and some being more expensive or even £575.  Let people decide.  Don't want to pay top price, just sit elsewhere cheaper.  I got 8 season tickets in the family stand for £1,080 this year.  That is unbelievable value for 23 home games at less than £6 a game.

Reducing prices of top price tickets from £575 to say £400 would make zero difference to sales and just mean less revenue in my (appreciate uninformed) view.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Q;..... Well Thomas, where do we go from here mate??
    A;..................     Exit Light
                             Enter Night
                           Take My Hand
                     We're off to Never-,Neverland... :p

Many a true word eh.....
  • Options
    Sage said:
    And before anyone says, I am not trying to be cheap, I think £400 is the absolute maximum a season ticket should be especially at this level. That’s just over £17 a game. It’s still a lot of money.

I know people get very emotionally attached to their seat but there are literally thousands available for less than £300 aren't there?  I don't see a problem with having different price tiers and some being more expensive or even £575.  Let people decide.  Don't want to pay top price, just sit elsewhere cheaper.  I got 8 season tickets in the family stand for £1,080 this year.  That is unbelievable value for 23 home games at less than £6 a game.

Reducing prices of top price tickets from £575 to say £400 would make zero difference to sales and just mean less revenue in my (appreciate uninformed) view.
    The family stand isn't exactly an option for me unless I borrow half your family!

And people ARE emotionally attached to their seat, as going to football isn't a rational activity. If I was "rational" I'd go and watch another more successful team, or just watch PL on my TV. People like sitting in the same seat, surrounded by people you've sat near for years, that's part of the experience

Yeah, I get that attachment. Never understood it myself as I have moved around a little and enjoyed different perspectives, but each to their own.

I think it is a bit unfair to be upset about high prices when there are options available at much lower prices though. If someone chooses to pay more to stay in their seat, that really is their choice. 

Family stand was my experience but North stand is still only £300 or so which is great value imo.  Plus, as Airman says you can likely buy a much cheaper ticket in the same stand and simply sit in your expensive old seats right now anyway.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I appreciate that this may not be of interest to most on a football forum, but I have been keen to identify if there are any parallels between the Sandgaard that we know in SE7 and the one that strides Englewood, Colorado as CEO of Zynex.

To that end, I dialled in to today's Zynex 4Q 2021 results broadcast.  It was fascinating.

First, I should indicate that I have a wealth of background in the pharmaceutical/medical business.  If 30 or more years with GlaxoSmithKline doesn't allow me to claim that ... well ...

Today's call revealed the following:

1) I found it oddly amateurish.  Sandgaard fielded his CFO (Dan Moorhead) and his COO (Anna Lucsok) and all three read from prepared presentations.  In my experience, confident and professional operators are happy to work from broad notes ... not rehearsed scripts

2) The COO (Anna Lucsok) is a mid-thirties something and is relatively recently promoted (Feb 21) after the previous incumbent (Joseph Papandrea) left the post.  Nothing wrong with the exuberance of youth, but she sounds exactly as you might expect

3) I will need to check the figures, but I heard a predicted Total Revenue of $150 to 170M for 2022 .. and this is up 15 to 30% from last year

4) Net income was $8.9m ... up 398% from last year!

5) Zynex has about $42.6M in cash (up from $39.2M in 2020)

6) Future product strategy seems to hinge on the recent acquisition of Kestrel who offer a pulse oximeter.  This is a device that monitors blood oxygen levels.  Zynex paid $31M for this ... $16M in stocks (to the existing Kestrel Board members presumably) and a $16M loan (at 2.8% over three years).

The Q+A focussed heavily on 'in network' and 'out of network' revenue.  I confess that I don't fully understand this (but I will find out), but it's clearly linked to the US Healthcare Insurance system.  My guess is that anything 'in network' will represent assured income, but at a relatively low rate, whereas 'out of network' will be less secure, but more lucrative.  Sandgaard was dismissive about any effects of this, arguing that the balance was OK because there is less hassle 'out of network'.  This felt like an attempt to justify why 'in network' revenue may have dwindled.

The sales force recruitment (which I have previously mentioned on another thread) is a big deal for Zynex.  Their profits are almost directly related to sales force strength.  Current numbers are around 400 ... they hope for 500 this year ... and the overall medium-term target is 800.

Overall summary:

I didn't get a warm glow.

I looked for comparisons with Sandgaard's Zynex world to the one at The Valley.  It feels to me as though he is a one-trick pony ... or, at least, a pony with a limited number of tricks.

He doesn't have a strong team around him.  He is the main man, and probably enjoys/wants that.  Bad news for us, I think.

He operates in a relatively small financial world.  £1M per month at The Valley will make a huge dent in the Zynex profits.

I'll review things more carefully in the cold light of day ... and I would welcome comments from anyone who thinks I've misinterpreted things ... but, based on this, CAFC is not going anywhere fast.

Sorry!
    Well done Dave, great timing. 

Given the parade has stalled big time with the band no longer playing music on the pitch, you've decided to piss on it from a great height.

Shall I get the thread on track ready to move us in to the next phase of takeover marathon. Rudd a silver FISH with red fins.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Dave.

Do we have any idea how much TS sold his shares in Zynex for? Presumably that’s how he’s funding the club.

Richard Cawley broke the news of his interest and in that article TS was said to be worth $500m.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-super-wealthy-danish-businessman-thomas-sandgaard-wants-to-buy-charlton-athletic/
  • Options
    The results were better than Wall Street expectations and estimates
  • Options
    Thomas himself believes that his shares could well be worth over $100 per share once all the sales territories in the US are populated by sales staff.
  • Options
    Whatever that figure is I have on good authority that Thomas can fund the club for decades. He plans to be around for years.
    That’s good because as it stands it’ll take that long to get out of league 1, so it’s good he’s willing to live with this…
  • Options
    How about:

Do you know about the previous issues that Tony Keohane has had with the fan base?
    Oh, he knows trust me. 😉
  • Options
    Are we going to get a summary of what was discussed last night?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Are we going to get a summary of what was discussed last night?
    If you mean the football Q+A, that's next week (Thu 3 March).
  • Options
    Would be interested to know his thoughts on what he sees being done differently at Wigan, at an executive level, in recruiting and in coaching, given that he had looked into them before he came to CAFC, and given they were in an arguably worse situation than we were at the time.
  • Options
    Thomas himself believes that his shares could well be worth over $100 per share once all the sales territories in the US are populated by sales staff.
    Every CEO of every AIM quoted company will tell you something similar.  A startlingly high number go bust.  Not suggesting Zynex will but you have to understand that a.mwmber of the SMT of a quoted company is always going to talk it up.  They have a bias and agenda, even more so when their own personal wealth is linked to the entity through significant shareholding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever that figure is I have on good authority that Thomas can fund the club for decades. He plans to be around for years.
    Sounds like that’s based on this working out?

• Options
    Thomas is not going to do things in the traditional English way. Whatever that may well be.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sounds like that’s based on this working out?

I don't know how feasible $100 per share might be.  What I do know is that the majority of the 200+ vacancies advertised on the Zynex website are for sales reps.

In Sandgaard's own words yesterday "Labor market dynamics have made attracting qualified sales reps and employees for our corporate headquarters in Colorado difficult. Therefore, we expect order growth to be fairly modest until the job market eventually normalizes and we are able to add additional reps to our sales force."

I'd temper that optimism with a little patience.  At something below $7 this week, $100 per share could be a long time coming
  • Options
    Thomas is not going to do things in the traditional English way. Whatever that may well be.
    Afternoon Martin how is your Father?
  • Options
    Jokes aside, thanks @Dave Rudd for your insight on Zynex. Like most on here pharmaceutical/medical business is beyond my knowledge.

I would say though many large businesses in their infancy run on debt mountains on belief of future profits, at least Zynex seems in a more realistic place.
  • Options
    Are the growing abusive personal attacks on yourself, your son and your partner making you question your involvement with the club? Is it all worth it?
    What attacks are these ? If you mean people questioning what is going on in the management of this club, then, these are not attacks but the right to enquire. 
    Are you seriously going to pretend you don't see these? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    My stepdad pays £500 at Luton and they have a waiting list, plus give you a discount if you renew. 
  • Options
    I’m registered but don’t have a Zoom link anywhere - is this sent nearer the time?